Victorious 2019

seanz25

49 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Dunno much about The Specials but pretty sure they are smaller than The Libertines...

Specials will be Headlining the Friday. 

They are bigger that Madness who did it the year before and will draw a huge crowd (especially in Portsmouth). Comparing them to Libertines is like comparing apples and oranges because they appeal to pretty different crowds.

15 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Specials will be Headlining the Friday. 

They are bigger that Madness who did it the year before and will draw a huge crowd (especially in Portsmouth). Comparing them to Libertines is like comparing apples and oranges because they appeal to pretty different crowds.

Co-headlining, apparently. 

I think they're about the size the Libertines are at now anyway 

Sounds like The Specials are sub on Friday but getting the same set length as the headliner. Haven't seen them since they played V in 2008? Id actually be really happy to watch them again. Hives are OK but rest of it is shit. Really hope they don't pull it out the bag here and make me want to go cus I'm not going next year! If I was them I'd try and get ELO as Friday headliner

6 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Apparently Rudimental are playing. 

EDIT - On Friday as Co headliner it seems. Party Night it is being branded. 

Seems like an odd act to pair with The Specials... would have thojght they'd have just had them as Sat Castle headliners and moved James Bay to the main stage somewhere

• 4 weeks later...

Announcing 2 weeks tomorrow I believe. 

Been looking at other fests whos playing where etc and who fits this fest and who is big enough and not TOO modern, I've seen people mention Foals and Catfish and Catfish aren't big enough for one, Foals are too modern IMO. 

I wonder now he's solo this year, they have Ian Brown... 

4 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Been looking at other fests whos playing where etc and who fits this fest and who is big enough and not TOO modern, I've seen people mention Foals and Catfish and Catfish aren't big enough for one, Foals are too modern IMO. 

Catfish aren't big enough? What are you smoking

5 hours ago, luckysalt said:

32 minutes ago, NerdsNatterings said:

Catfish aren't big enough? What are you smoking

To be fair he's got a point lucky. Catfish aren't big enough but are bigger than Foals who are too modern?

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

To be fair he's got a point lucky. Catfish aren't big enough but are bigger than Foals who are too modern?

Catfish are bigger than Foals? I thought Foals were the bigger act, gotta say neither are my thing but I stand by they're both too modern to be main stage headliner at Victorious. Look at all the previous headliners. Theyre all 90s acts or prior. Can't see anyone who is modern established act getting the main stage slot. Castle headliner yeah but not main. 

Hi, I’m fairly new to posting on the forum but I have followed this page for a fair few years. I’ve been to victorious and travelled down from Sheffield the last 3 years. This will be my fourth.

Regarding the line up and headliners this year, I’ve never been as stumped. However Catfish and foals are very big and could easily headline the main stage. Catfish are bigger than 1975 for me and 1975 got a slot at reading and Leeds. Catfish bring in such a shit demographic so I hope they don’t but they are really good. The way it’s been going though with global and the castle stage headliners the last couple of years with the demographic and type of artist it will probably be pop again so no way foals will play. James are doing the rounds again with a gig up donny race near our end they might be a Friday night headliner? For me I want to see DMAs there again, saw them few week ago in sheff and they would be an absolute belter on the Saturday afternoon, they have become so good. What’s thoughts on Liam Gallagher (I hope not Noel as he seems to be like a rash in recent years. Absolute shite) or Ashcroft? Ashcroft Saturday night maybe I think or Sunday But who knows.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Catfish are bigger than Foals? I thought Foals were the bigger act, gotta say neither are my thing but I stand by they're both too modern to be main stage headliner at Victorious. Look at all the previous headliners. Theyre all 90s acts or prior. Can't see anyone who is modern established act getting the main stage slot. Castle headliner yeah but not main. 

Catfish have started headlining their own days, albeit it's started in Scotland. But agreed neither are of the scene that Victorious is going for.

3 hours ago, KBR1991 said:

Hi, I’m fairly new to posting on the forum but I have followed this page for a fair few years. I’ve been to victorious and travelled down from Sheffield the last 3 years. This will be my fourth.

Regarding the line up and headliners this year, I’ve never been as stumped. However Catfish and foals are very big and could easily headline the main stage. Catfish are bigger than 1975 for me and 1975 got a slot at reading and Leeds. Catfish bring in such a shit demographic so I hope they don’t but they are really good. The way it’s been going though with global and the castle stage headliners the last couple of years with the demographic and type of artist it will probably be pop again so no way foals will play. James are doing the rounds again with a gig up donny race near our end they might be a Friday night headliner? For me I want to see DMAs there again, saw them few week ago in sheff and they would be an absolute belter on the Saturday afternoon, they have become so good. What’s thoughts on Liam Gallagher (I hope not Noel as he seems to be like a rash in recent years. Absolute shite) or Ashcroft? Ashcroft Saturday night maybe I think or Sunday But who knows.

Welcome to the forum. 

On those acts not the be all and end all but on youtube, which is a very good indication of popularity as charts mean shit all these days, Catfish have 189k followers, Foals 297k but 1975 1.9m. Also viewing figures are same trend. 

Regarding this year theres a lot of acts who I can think of who could play all over the line up but the headliner pool of the trend they've always used is obviously getting smaller in terms of bands who've not played before. 

A lot of the names im thinking either seem too small or too big. Be interesting to see who gets announced, but away from headliners theres a lot of undercard acts who are due a return, Ocean Colour Scene, Primal Scream, Johnny Marr, The Darkness, Peter Hook [or maybe a first showing for New Order] all of those are 2014 or 2015 since they last played.

I reckon Doves will surely be part of the line up, id be shocked if they don't have them.

9 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Libertines and elbow aren't 90's acts