Stockholm Lollapalooza 2019

ParanoidTourist

Might be interested in this, hope this hasn’t replaced Paris as I was hoping to give that a go one year.

Noticed it’s same weekend as Glastonbury as well, so could potentially help the quality of acts that are around Europe/available. Four stages so I’m guessing it’ll be similar to the Paris/Berlin editions with two main stages alternating and a dance stage... will definitely keep an eye on this.

7 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

Might be interested in this, hope this hasn’t replaced Paris as I was hoping to give that a go one year.

Noticed it’s same weekend as Glastonbury as well, so could potentially help the quality of acts that are around Europe/available. Four stages so I’m guessing it’ll be similar to the Paris/Berlin editions with two main stages alternating and a dance stage... will definitely keep an eye on this.

I'll also have a look at this festival since I live in Stockholm:) Don't know if it replaced Paris. There has been one in Berlin as well if I'm not mistaken.

The festival also takes place same weekend as Rock Werchter so, like you said, hopefully there's a lot of nice acts around. 

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 10:37 AM, Andrej said:

Foo fighters, Muse, Metallica, Coldplay, The Cure....some of these. They will have 2 strong headliners for their first edition for sure.

Hoping for that as well! There was a rumour a couple of months ago that a reformed ABBA would headline. Dont think its going to happen though..

4 hours ago, ParanoidTourist said:

I'll also have a look at this festival since I live in Stockholm:) Don't know if it replaced Paris. There has been one in Berlin as well if I'm not mistaken.

The festival also takes place same weekend as Rock Werchter so, like you said, hopefully there's a lot of nice acts around. 

Yeah I've been to the one in Berlin twice, big fan of everything there to be honest except the travel to/from the festival, but looking at this the location looks walking distance back into the centre?

If the line ups worth going I'd definitely recommend it, assuming it's similiar, the alternating main stages work really well you're never waiting more than 5 minutes for someone to be playing on either stage. The one in Berlin was cashless last year too where you'd have a balance on the barcode on your wristband which wasn't as effective as Rock Werchters tokens, but still kept queues pretty small.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

993FAB3E-A822-410C-A0D7-167AC7AA829B.png

Bit of a mixed bag, in a good way, but I don’t think there’d be enough to convince me to go if I wasn’t at Glasto. 

In my experience the second announcements have tended to be pretty weak too, so that’s probably the vast majority of big/recognisable names.

Edited by AAlex

5 minutes ago, AAlex said:

Bit of a mixed bag, in a good way, but I don’t think there’d be enough to convince me to go if I wasn’t at Glasto. 

In my experience the second announcements have tended to be pretty weak too, so that’s probably the vast majority of big/recognisable names.

Compared to previous Paris and Berlin lineups, there is nothing here as a wow factor honestly. I was expecting Arctic Monkeys-Interpol-Foals on Lollapalooza Europe's lineups after seeing them on South America lineups. Hopefully Berlin or Paris will include one or two of them.

20 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

Compared to previous Paris and Berlin lineups, there is nothing here as a wow factor honestly. I was expecting Arctic Monkeys-Interpol-Foals on Lollapalooza Europe's lineups after seeing them on South America lineups. Hopefully Berlin or Paris will include one or two of them.

I agree, when I say a bit of a mixed bag, I mean the fact you could see Foos, BMTH and The Hives as well as the likes of Travis Scott and Brockhampton, but there isn't much more than that except maybe Greta Van Fleet and Lana Del Rey I'd have any interest in.

£165 seems like a lot, and Stockholm is known to be massively expensive anyway, so it needs a better line up than that if it's going to cost twice as much for a long weekend than other places. Was expecting quite a decent undercard being Glasto weekend.

• 2 months later...
46 minutes ago, Ovechkin said:

They also increased the ticket price from 180 euro to 270 euro. Theyve lost their minds

To be fair this isn’t that bad since its Sweden, the overall cost would be crazy for someone living outside Sweden though as you need a hotel too.

25 minutes ago, gfa said:

To be fair this isn’t that bad since its Sweden, the overall cost would be crazy for someone living outside Sweden though as you need a hotel too.

I think its far too much and Im swedish.. way out west in gothenburg was 190 euro last year with kendrick lamar, arcade fire and arctic monkeys as headliners with far better depth. Nah this wont end well

18 minutes ago, Ovechkin said:

I think its far too much and Im swedish.. way out west in gothenburg was 190 euro last year with kendrick lamar, arcade fire and arctic monkeys as headliners with far better depth. Nah this wont end well

Oh maybe then if WoW was that much cheaper. Bigger acts too.

• 4 months later...