NOS Primavera Sound 2019 (Porto)

young_contra

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

It has a longer interval as 2-3 weeks after 6 December is Christmas and you'd have to be a marketing idiot to announce then.

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

It has a longer interval as 2-3 weeks after 6 December is Christmas and you'd have to be a marketing idiot to announce then.

Two years ago they announced the lineup on December 21st so announcing the lineup this week wouldn't be a "marketing idiot" strategy. Since they have already bands confirmed (like GBV who confitmed themselves) I don't know why they're taking so long.

Edited by diogozsz

3 minutes ago, diogozsz said:

Two years ago they announced the lineup on December 21st so announcing the lineup this week wouldn't be a "marketing idiot" strategy. Since they have already bands confirmed (like GBV who confitmed themselves) I don't know why they're taking so long.

Gosh you're right and I stand corrected. Sort of...

Whoever decided to release the full lineup on December 21st needs to be medically examined. You want a huge surge of people spending their money when they see the full lineup. 

People are distracted by Christmas and don't have much money on December 21st.

Maybe they learned their lesson.

• 3 weeks later...

Artists are being added to the facebook event that the fake "fan" page created. Modeselektor were either added by the page OR added their event to their schedule and Rosalía added by herself the event. This might mean we are really close to the lineup announcement.

Either way... it kind of bothers me how this fake event exists

4 minutes ago, diogozsz said:

Where did she post this tho?

Hmm, I see now that it was created by a Brazilian fan club (followed by Rosalia’s official twitter though). Caught my eye because We Love Green retweeted it. Not an official self-confirmation then, but seems nailed on nonetheless. 

2 minutes ago, bananaa52 said:

bonaroo is one week after and has some interesting names from barcelona. doesnt mean they are excluded from porto though

Maybe we should start excluding the names who are in both Governors Ball and Bonnaroo. Those names might be doing a U.S. run right after Barcelona. Also, the names who are part of the Bonnaroo lineup but AREN'T going to Governors Ball seem very likely for Porto.

Was there any official word on whether it was this week or next, ive seen people say both on here? If not, two self confirmations today should hopefully confirm that. Really hope tame impala do the Friday or Saturday and a day ticket will be on the cards. 

Just now, AAlex said:

Was there any official word on whether it was this week or next, ive seen people say both on here? If not, two self confirmations today should hopefully confirm that. Really hope tame impala do the Friday or Saturday and a day ticket will be on the cards. 

Second week of June, I reckon?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, AAlex said:

Since we still have no teasers, I think we're getting one this week and the full lineup the next week.

The festival's main organizer said that the lineup would be announced by this month's second week but maybe it was just a strong guess. Either way, by next week we should have it, at the very least. Quite the patient wait this has been...

Edited by young_contra

4 minutes ago, diogozsz said:

Since we still have no teasers, I think we're getting one this week and the full lineup the next week.

Would make sense, I didn’t know whether there were normally teasers or not, Primavera Portos never been on my radar until we’ve ended up being there at the same time this year anyway!

1 minute ago, young_contra said:

The festival's main organizer said that the lineup would be announced by this month's second week but maybe it was just a strong guess. Either way, by next week we should have it, by the very least. Quite the patient wait this has been...

I know you’ve said you’ve been before, would you recommend it, in terms of organisation, stages etc? Looking forward to seeing the line hopefully theres a day with going to, maybe even Friday and Saturday.

16 minutes ago, AAlex said:

Would make sense, I didn’t know whether there were normally teasers or not, Primavera Portos never been on my radar until we’ve ended up being there at the same time this year anyway!

I know you’ve said you’ve been before, would you recommend it, in terms of organisation, stages etc? Looking forward to seeing the line hopefully theres a day with going to, maybe even Friday and Saturday.

I'll try to be as in depth as I possibly can be.

I've attended this festival every year since 2015 and will continue to do so, blindly buying its 3-day pass as soon as I'm able to. I have no festival experiences whatsoever outside of Portugal, so do take that in consideration. Having said that, this puts any other festival in this country to shame. It's extremely well organized, its acts' timelines are usually super friendly to those who want to catch a lot in a single day (although you'll obviously have some clashes here and there, that's to be expected).

The setting is beautifully chill and breathable, if you will. You'll probably only feel like you're in an overcrowded place when you're queuing for drinks late at night but that's as normal as it gets. I have noticed that throughout the years it has been feeling just a tad bit more crowded but nowhere near to the point where it bothers you. 

There's not a single bad stage, aside from one that they introduced last year that wasn't that well received from what I've heard (where that Sigur Ros experience thing would've taken place) and in all of them you'll be able to get a spot from which you have a good view to what's happening. I've never had an issue with the main stage, which I find to be very competent. I do not like the current location of the second most important stage which has left its grass for a concrete setting. It's bearable, although it sort of kills the unique vibe that it had going. Besides the usual hardcore fans for whatever artist you may try to get a spot near the stage, it's absurd how easy it is for you to place yourself near the front row.

Food wise, you'll have plenty to choose from. It can get just a little bit messy at night so I'd have my dinner in advance just so it's all 100% carefree. There's also a lot of tiny little shops, most are from local city shops or just DIY stuff that people make and sell there. 

Considering the amount of artists you'll be able to see and how peaceful the location is, this festival is a gem and a bargain. I'm able to give more info, just specify whatever you'd like to know ;)

Edited by young_contra
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, young_contra said:

I'll try to be as in depth as I possibly can be.

I've attended this festival every year since 2015 and will continue to do so, blindly buying its 3-day pass as soon as I'm able to. I have no festival experiences whatsoever outside of Portugal, so do take that in consideration. Having said that, this puts any other festival in this country to shame. It's extremely well organized, its acts' timelines are usually super friendly to those who want to catch a lot in a single day (although you'll obviously have some clashes here and there, that's to be expected).

The setting is beautifully chill and breathable, if you will. You'll probably only feel like you're in an overcrowded place when you're queuing for drinks late at night but that's as normal as it gets. I have noticed that throughout the years it has been feeling just a tad bit more crowded but nowhere near to the point where it bothers you. 

There's not a single bad stage, aside from one that they introduced last year that wasn't that well received from what I've heard (where that Sigur Ros experience thing would've taken place) and in all of them you'll be able to get a spot from which you have a good view to what's happening. I've never had an issue with the main stage, which I find to be very competent. I do not like the current location of the second most important stage which has left its grass for a concrete setting. It's bearable, although it sort of kills the unique vibe that it had going. Besides the usual hardcore fans for whatever artist you may try to get a spot near the stage, it's absurd how easy it is for you to place yourself near the front row.

Food wise, you'll have plenty to choose from. It can get just a little bit messy at night so I'd have my dinner in advance just so it's all 100% carefree. There's also a lot of tiny little shops, most are from local city shops or just DIY stuff that people make and sell there. 

Considering the amount of artists you'll be able to see and how peaceful the location is, this festival is a gem and a bargain. I'm able to give more info, just specify whatever you'd like to know ;)

Thank you, that’s all good to know! Me and a friend are there Friday to Monday for the Nations League, so depending how England do we’ll either be in Porto all three nights or Porto Friday/Saturday and Guimaraes Sunday. With that in mind we probably won’t do both Friday and Saturday at the festival because even if we are in Porto Sunday it’ll hopefully be with match tickets, so we’ll want one of the days to spend in Porto itself I guess. 

I have noticed the €60-65 day tickets and I think we’ll snap one up as soon as the line up gets announced, providing there’s a day worth going to. 

One thing that did seem odd, and you may not know seeing as you buy 3 day passes, the single day passes I don’t select a day, apparently I can select any day upto a month after the line ups been announced? That’s seems like a risky tactic to me, because 80% of day tickets could all choose the same day if one is notably better? 

Excited to see who’s there, I know Interpol and Tame Impala have been mentioned, but I think so long as one of Fri/Sat has at least one name we’re bothered about seeing we’ll go, seems a shame not to if we’re there anyway. 

12 hours ago, AAlex said:

Thank you, that’s all good to know! Me and a friend are there Friday to Monday for the Nations League, so depending how England do we’ll either be in Porto all three nights or Porto Friday/Saturday and Guimaraes Sunday. With that in mind we probably won’t do both Friday and Saturday at the festival because even if we are in Porto Sunday it’ll hopefully be with match tickets, so we’ll want one of the days to spend in Porto itself I guess. 

I have noticed the €60-65 day tickets and I think we’ll snap one up as soon as the line up gets announced, providing there’s a day worth going to. 

One thing that did seem odd, and you may not know seeing as you buy 3 day passes, the single day passes I don’t select a day, apparently I can select any day upto a month after the line ups been announced? That’s seems like a risky tactic to me, because 80% of day tickets could all choose the same day if one is notably better? 

Excited to see who’s there, I know Interpol and Tame Impala have been mentioned, but I think so long as one of Fri/Sat has at least one name we’re bothered about seeing we’ll go, seems a shame not to if we’re there anyway. 

I think you might be looking at a specific type of tickets (Fnac, perhaps?). That might be the only option as of now but whenever the whole lineup is revealed you'll be able to buy a day ticket just as you'd normally do.

1 hour ago, Johnny Shelby said:

Wasn't the lineup supposed to be announced like a week ago?

That was a misunderstanding/misleading tip from the festival's main organizer. It is not farfetched to expect a lineup this week but what is the most likely scenario is us merely getting a teaser this week (which, at this point... why bother? just release the whole thing, it's been way too long, there's no need to tease it if you're going to take another week to release it)

• Upvote 1