NOS Primavera Sound 2019 (Porto)

young_contra

11 minutes ago, young_contra said:

Probably next week

Hope so, think a day ticket will definitely be on the cards for me. Are there any rumours in Portugal about who could headline? Tame Impala seem a likely candidate.

Have you been before? I've already booked a hotel in the centre of Porto Friday/Saturday just wondering how easy it is to get to/from the festival.

1 minute ago, AAlex said:

Hope so, think a day ticket will definitely be on the cards for me. Are there any rumours in Portugal about who could headline? Tame Impala seem a likely candidate.

Have you been before? I've already booked a hotel in the centre of Porto Friday/Saturday just wondering how easy it is to get to/from the festival.

where's the hotel? the festival is near the beach, but there's always metro during the day and at night they put special buses from the festival that go through the city

• Like 1

Just now, AAlex said:

Tame Impala and Interpol are sure to headline. Insert here two female names like Solange and there you go, those might be the headliners.

I go to this festival every year since 2015, I live here. While I can't speak for this city's buses, which I avoid at all costs, it is a pretty straightforward trip if you choose to travel by subway. Pretty sure the website has some tips but it's not a complicated thing to plan. 

5 minutes ago, bananaa52 said:

where's the hotel? the festival is near the beach, but there's always metro during the day and at night they put special buses from the festival that go through the city

I've got a couple booked at the moment cause a couple of friends aren't sure if they'll book on, but both look around an hours walk from the festival site so even if it came to that it's not the end of the world.

5 minutes ago, young_contra said:

Tame Impala and Interpol are sure to headline. Insert here two female names like Solange and there you go, those might be the headliners.

I go to this festival every year since 2015, I live here. While I can't speak for this city's buses, which I avoid at all costs, it is a pretty straightforward trip if you choose to travel by subway. Pretty sure the website has some tips but it's not a complicated thing to plan.  

Tame Impala would definitely be worth a day ticket, we can only do the Friday or Saturday though so I'm hoping it's one of those days! May even end up doing both if it's worth it.

• Upvote 1

Day tickets for us too, as the Thursday clashes with the footbalI! We can definitely do one or both of Friday and Saturday though depending on the line up as both the final and the 3rd/4th play off are on the Sunday.

12 hours ago, young_contra said:

Why are you so sure about Tame Impala? I'm asking because they would be a very interesting band for NOS Alive... and NOS Alive is the most powerful Portuguese festival.

Edited by joaommaia

Primavera Sound Porto  fan page,  says that Modeselektor are confirmed for Nos Primavera Sound.

But i have no idea where they got that info

edit: Well it is due to the band  used a instastory made by the fanpage , so that isn't a sure confirmation

Edited by Tigane

On 12/15/2018 at 1:50 AM, joaommaia said:

Why are you so sure about Tame Impala? I'm asking because they would be a very interesting band for NOS Alive... and NOS Alive is the most powerful Portuguese festival.

I feel that if they were to play in NOS Alive they would have been confirmed by now. It is too much of a loss for this festival to lose a name like Tame Impala (considering the rest of bcn's lineup...). It is, of course, just my two cents 

2 hours ago, Tigane said:

Primavera Sound Porto  fan page,  says that Modeselektor are confirmed for Nos Primavera Sound.

edit: Well it is due to the band  used a instastory made by the fanpage , so that isn't a sure confirmation

I kinda think that does count as a lowkey confirmation. Regardless, who in the hell would run a page like that? I see so many people just following that page in such a naive manner

1 hour ago, young_contra said:

I feel that if they were to play in NOS Alive they would have been confirmed by now. It is too much of a loss for this festival to lose a name like Tame Impala (considering the rest of bcn's lineup...). It is, of course, just my two cents.

It would make sense, however last year NOS Alive announced quite a few names a month or two after they were already announced elsewhere (at least the acts shared with Mad Cool), and not small names either (NIN, BRCM, MGMT, AIC just to name a few).

I guess I'm trying to say that you can deduce absolutely nothing by the way NOS Alive is announcing. Shouldn't take too long to get the full Primavera Porto lineup though.

1 hour ago, clasher said:

It would make sense, however last year NOS Alive announced quite a few names a month or two after they were already announced elsewhere (at least the acts shared with Mad Cool), and not small names either (NIN, BRCM, MGMT, AIC just to name a few).

I guess I'm trying to say that you can deduce absolutely nothing by the way NOS Alive is announcing. Shouldn't take too long to get the full Primavera Porto lineup though.

Yeah, you're correct there. We'll see!

21 hours ago, Tigane said:

modeselektor and primavera sound porto posted an instagram story about this confirmation!

7 hours ago, RaphPH said:

Strokes didn't play this version when they did Barca Primavera last time, did they?

Nope. Had the chance to talk with Gabi, during the line up presentation in Porto (at that time the line up presentations of the portuguese Primavera were on Porto city hall and free for anyone who wanted to go) and he said that THe Strokes were a band too big for the portuguese Primavera 

On 12/19/2018 at 1:30 PM, diogozsz said:

Lineup will be revealed during the second week of January.

IMG_v8exj.jpg

This sounds a bit fishy tbh... Was there ever this big of a stretch in between Primavera Sound announcements (Barcelona's and Porto's)? It really looks like there is some sort of damage control behind the scenes lineup wise

34 minutes ago, young_contra said:

This sounds a bit fishy tbh... Was there ever this big of a stretch in between Primavera Sound announcements (Barcelona's and Porto's)? It really looks like there is some sort of damage control behind the scenes lineup wise

No. They're announcing the full lineup in January. The event is not until June. There's nothing sinister or wrong about that.

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

No. They're announcing the full lineup in January. The event is not until June. There's nothing sinister or wrong about that.

The sinister thing is: NOS Primavera Sound's lineup is always revealed 2-3 weeks after the Barcelona lineup and this year it will have a 6 week interval.

1 minute ago, diogozsz said:

The sinister thing is: NOS Primavera Sound's lineup is always revealed 2-3 weeks after the Barcelona lineup and this year it will have a 6 week interval.

Exactly, it isn't normal procedure which makes it reasonable to think that something might have happened or is happening. Me being wrong is always a possibility though