Boardmasters 2019

tobydlb

10 minutes ago, maxdillon7 said:

so are you expecting them to have a headliner who is aimed more at that demographic? or just not follow the formula of last year?

It's not really a formula - they just kinda book the best (ie. biggest) of who's available don't they? And George Ezra seems to be right up there. Couldn't see a fest like Boardmasters getting much out of booking for families.

You do think though like they always have an older like classic artist they had chemical Brothers Last year they had Jamiroquai the year before that and I think Flo is that booking already so I do wonder who the artists are going to be they could fly in Vampire Weekend which are about the right size for headliner spot and A-punk will be absolutely awesome at BM to be honest. or they could go down the route theve always had and book just British headliners and no ones springing to mind in that category apart from = 

Mumford and sons (Too big)

Foals is a possibility 

Skepta (Very leftwing) 

Courteeners (Just Won't be Popular enough) 

Biffy Clyro Would Be pretty awesome 

Jamie T (To small nowerdays) 

The Streets (To small) 

Two Door Cinema Club (Played Two Years AGO) 

I really can't think of anyone else so I would probably say 

Vampire Weekend // Brockhampton 

Hannah Wants 

Florence & The Machine // Primal Scream

Giggs 

Foals // The Wombats 

Dizzee Rascal 

Edited by bigcharlie65

12 hours ago, maxdillon7 said:

chemical brothers and catfish pulled huge crowds of mainly younger people, but george ezra had a smaller crowd, with either people being there ironically or people who were there with their kids seemingly/ made me think that he was a booking to keep the oldies happy. obviously i’m wrong :)

Well then it’s not worth going after that crowd by the sounds of it. :D

Edited by dentalplan

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 3:25 PM, bigcharlie65 said:

You do think though like they always have an older like classic artist they had chemical Brothers Last year they had Jamiroquai the year before that and I think Flo is that booking already so I do wonder who the artists are going to be they could fly in Vampire Weekend which are about the right size for headliner spot and A-punk will be absolutely awesome at BM to be honest. or they could go down the route theve always had and book just British headliners and no ones springing to mind in that category apart from = 

Mumford and sons (Too big)

Foals is a possibility 

Skepta (Very leftwing) 

Courteeners (Just Won't be Popular enough) 

Biffy Clyro Would Be pretty awesome 

Jamie T (To small nowerdays) 

The Streets (To small) 

Two Door Cinema Club (Played Two Years AGO) 

I really can't think of anyone else so I would probably say 

Vampire Weekend // Brockhampton 

Hannah Wants 

Florence & The Machine // Primal Scream

Giggs 

Foals // The Wombats 

Dizzee Rascal 

Dizzee and Giggs are both on the main stage, so would assume at least one of them would be a sub.

I can't see Primal Scream being there again 3 years after their last appearance. 

Would absolutely love to Brockhampton at boardies though!

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:32 AM, ParkRanger14 said:

Dizzee and Giggs are both on the main stage, so would assume at least one of them would be a sub.

I can't see Primal Scream being there again 3 years after their last appearance. 

Would absolutely love to Brockhampton at boardies though!

True That primal scream wouldn't turn up ye to be honest giggs would be subbing with dizzee on unleashed I think and to be honest all depends if vampire weekend turn up for in early summer or late. 

Biffy Clyro // Brockhampton 

Unleashed = Chris Lorenzo 

LOS = Franz Ferdinand 

Florence & The Machine // Giggs 

Unleashed = Wilkinson B2B Sub Focus 

LOS = White Lies 

Foals // The Wombats 

Unleashed = Jorja Smith 

LOS= Idles 

4 hours ago, bigcharlie65 said:

True That primal scream wouldn't turn up ye to be honest giggs would be subbing with dizzee on unleashed I think and to be honest all depends if vampire weekend turn up for in early summer or late. 

Biffy Clyro // Brockhampton 

Unleashed = Chris Lorenzo 

LOS = Franz Ferdinand 

Florence & The Machine // Giggs 

Unleashed = Wilkinson B2B Sub Focus 

LOS = White Lies 

Foals // The Wombats 

Unleashed = Jorja Smith 

LOS= Idles 

That Friday would be unreal to be fair!! 

31 minutes ago, ParkRanger14 said:

With all these stereophonics announcements at the moment, I can definitely see them headlining. Just unsure as to whether they would suit the crowd?

I don't think that concerns them, they've booked Jamiroquai and Flaming Lips in recent years. :P 

I happened the see the first Lips show after Boardmasters, and Wayne said something about a very wrong crowd.

42 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I don't think that concerns them, they've booked Jamiroquai and Flaming Lips in recent years. :P 

I happened the see the first Lips show after Boardmasters, and Wayne said something about a very wrong crowd.

Yeah that’s true! The Jamiroquai crowd was quite big from memory, although the demographic plus the weather made the Lips’ crowd tiny! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Second Announcement Predictions= 

Bastille                   Florence & The Machine                 Foals 

Bombay Bicycle Club                      The Wombats               Anderson Paak & The Free                                                                                                                  Nationals

Miles Kane, Giggs (Special Guest), Dizzee Rascal, Jorja Smith, Franz Ferdinand, Gang Of Youths, Lewis Del Mar, Holy Goof, Shy FX, Lord Huron, Hockey Dad, Wilkinson B2B Sub focus, Idles

Edited by bigcharlie65