Boardmasters 2019

tobydlb

Call it a hunch but I’m gonna go for FOALS will headline the Sunday night of Cornwall’s Boardmasters Festival, running from August 7 to 11. Yannis Philippakis and Co join the already announced Florence + The Machine. Mabel, Sam Fender, Martin Solveig, Jax Jones, Razorlight and Plan B. Some of the best known names in surfing will also be there for the World Surf League Qualifying Series.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Call it a hunch but I’m gonna go for FOALS will headline the Sunday night of Cornwall’s Boardmasters Festival, running from August 7 to 11. Yannis Philippakis and Co join the already announced Florence + The Machine. Mabel, Sam Fender, Martin Solveig, Jax Jones, Razorlight and Plan B. Some of the best known names in surfing will also be there for the World Surf League Qualifying Series.

Dental is this legit? ;) or does it just look it? 

56 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Neither razorlight or plan b have been announced for board masters...

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

FOALS will headline the Sunday night of Cornwall’s Boardmasters Festival, running from August 7 to 11. Yannis Philippakis and Co join the already announced Florence + The Machine. Mabel, Sam Fender, Martin Solveig, Jax Jones, Razorlight and Plan B. Some of the best known names in surfing will also be there for the World Surf League Qualifying Series.

Mate that's pretty cool but like is it ligit love that to happen 

31 minutes ago, ParkRanger14 said:

Dental is this legit? ;) or does it just look it? 

Yes my dude. It’s in The S*n’s Bizarre column.

Makes you wonder who the third headliner could end up being, because Flo and Foals as two of the three is pretty big - an impressive third could see Boardmasters really making a name for itself in the big leagues.

20 minutes ago, maxdillon7 said:

who else is on the Global cycle? i know two door are, but played recently/ saw blossoms are playing the global awards thingy (as are Mabel, and they’re set to be announced tomorrow) but not sure if they’re big enough yet. the fact they’re not big enough might make them more likely? 2 biguns and a slightly less big act

giggs played below blossoms at reading a year or so ago, so if they did have blossoms, giggs could compensate as a sub... thoughts?

Can’t see it being Blossoms. Seems like Live Nation have them on a short leash - they’d be a bit of a poor headliner too.

After two indie headliners then maybe something different for #3. I guess Skepta is at one Broadwick event this summer, maybe Chic & Nile, or probably biggest of all would be The Prodigy who Broadwick have recent history with.

9 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Yes my dude. It’s in The S*n’s Bizarre column.

Makes you wonder who the third headliner could end up being, because Flo and Foals as two of the three is pretty big - an impressive third could see Boardmasters really making a name for itself in the big leagues.

Smashed it, cheers mate! 

19 minutes ago, maxdillon7 said:

i’d argue that two acts who have headlined reading and glasto respectively, are a bit better than sub headliner standard 

I agree with this, significantly bigger acts than in previous years! Really hoping for the prodigy for the final headliner. Lots of grime already on the bill so unlikely to be skeppy. Definitely a big space for an “oldies” act either headlining or taking a big slot.

2 hours ago, maxdillon7 said:

well they’re headlining this is tomrorow alongside noel gallagher, with stereophonics below em. Stereophonics headlined trnsmt (alongside arctic monkeys etc) and Noel Gallagher.. well he speaks for himself..as does his headline slot at IOW. 

I’d agree if you were saying people like slaves, franz ferdinand and giggs were sub headline standard- because giggs is headlining Nass and slaves headlining(ish) truck festival...but the fact they’re amongst the other acts should be enough to show they’re attracting more than sub headline 

Who it has been said if TRNSMT only had 3 nights they would not have been booked, IOW clearly has gone to a medium sized fest and Noel G is not a headliner of a major festival, not Stereophonics....they were only a sub at T last time and they've only weekender since.

14 hours ago, bigcharlie65 said:

Any Thoughts if there will be Subs I see they've gone back to the 2017 lineup without the Logos possibilities of some pretty big subs to me Dizzee seems pretty likely to sub other then that I can't see anyone else subbing? 

Hmm dunno, giggs is massive right now. And could definitely see them squeezing Jorja Smith in as a sub. I’m hoping we’ve got other big acts in addition to the last headliner to be announced.

11 hours ago, maxdillon7 said:

defo a possibility- is he the same callibre as foals and florence?( if he isn’t, i’d be surprised that they didnt announce him with foals maybe)

i’m imagining maybe two door or another global act// maybe stereophonics or new order?

I definitely think he's a global act I mean that whole first album was great In retrospect he has dropped quite a bit but he still is headline status and to be honest I really like his new ep 

I don't think it'll be two door as they've been around before plus there headlining truck with foals too and I don't think that would be much of a push. stereophonics are always a possibility but I believe they've lost there headlining status lately kinda dropped off the market and new order wont appeal to their target audience I think.