Boardmasters 2019

tobydlb

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 minute ago, sisco said:

I dunno, sold out tour has already headlined Glastonbury.  

Fully expected her to headline IOW and do BST really.  Seems a massive act for Boardmasters

Boardmasters is growing every year though.

Some of these less-prestigious festivals are gonna get huge acts now cos there are only two or three ‘elite’ festivals, and way too many arena-filling acts to satisfy that.

Really solid first announcement. Never taken that much interest in Boardmasters but Flo, Dizzee, Jorja Smith, Franz Ferdinand, Idles, Lady Leshurr and Boy Azooga all in the first announcement is really good. Probably won't end up going because it's a pain to get to but I'm gonna keep my eye on future announcements.

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Boardmasters is growing every year though.

Some of these less-prestigious festivals are gonna get huge acts now cos there are only two or three ‘elite’ festivals, and way too many arena-filling acts to satisfy that.

Yep, and although Boardmasters might be "less prestigious", and not have booked the top tier names in the past (which I'd include Flo in), it's actually a lot larger than people realise - in terms of the number of public tickets on sale under the licence, it's nearly the same size as Boomtown (100 less to be exact) although Boomtown has far more staff etc so has a much higher announced capacity.

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

or shows where Flo is at.

What, headlining the biggest weekend, Werchter and selling out an arena tour months in advance? Yeah she’s on the down slide is the lass ?

Massive coup for Boardmasters this. Notice that’s she’s headlining the Saturday. I wonder if they’re going a similar way to Latitude the past couple of years and having a bigger act on the Saturday? Can’t see them having 2 similar sized acts on the other days 

• 1 month later...