YNOT 2019

tobydlb

54 minutes ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

Does it just involve what shows broadwick have left ? 

1 hour ago, tobydlb said:

pls pls pls leak it 

Broadwick management are looking at buying the company back. 

The statement and replies from Global / Superstruct were very wishy washy and cagey. 

The festivals that got acquired didn't want the news getting out pre this years event and got taken by surprise when the press release got sent out to a few publications. Just look at Tramlines statement they put out. 

2 hours ago, JBarbour said:

The festivals that got acquired didn't want the news getting out pre this years event and got taken by surprise when the press release got sent out to a few publications. Just look at Tramlines statement they put out.

In all seriousness though, how could they possibly think that it wouldn't get out? Aside from anything else, it's a matter of public record.

2 hours ago, JBarbour said:

Broadwick management are looking at buying the company back. 

The statement and replies from Global / Superstruct were very wishy washy and cagey. 

If your referring to this .......

https://www.rmcmedia.co.uk/vibe/movers-and-makers/article/Changes-afoot-for-Tramlines

I recon you could be possibly over thinking it !

2 hours ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

If your referring to this .......

https://www.rmcmedia.co.uk/vibe/movers-and-makers/article/Changes-afoot-for-Tramlines

I recon you could be possibly over thinking it !

I got that quote for that publication and had a full on conversation with the Tramlines team regarding it. The story is from me. 

Who you think broke the story, had the balls to publish it first. I was the one that got all the statements and quotes. And know mostly what's going on. 

3 hours ago, incident said:
3 hours ago, incident said:

In all seriousness though, how could they possibly think that it wouldn't get out? Aside from anything else, it's a matter of public record.

It wasn't public record for the likes of Truck and Tramlines Festival, their Companies House filings shows no indication they've been acquired. So before Global released the statement it wasn't clear. 

Edited by JBarbour

Hello Y-not-ers.

Having failed to get Glastonbury tickets for teh first time since 2011 my brother has booked YNot and invited me to join him. The headliners are a bit meh for me, though FF and Wolf Alice ring my bell. My choice would have been Bearded Theory but that is out for him.

Trying to get a feel for the festival, what is the target audience? More like Leeds than G? What are the smaller stages like? As an old git will I feel like a pork pie at a Bar Mitzvah? Is it as "Indie" as the headliners suggest?

11 hours ago, Wagon said:

Hopefully someone good on the same time as Elbow, otherwise I'll just have to prop up the bar!

i don't think your wish has been granted to say the least (hunna is the clash right or are they after?)?

10 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

If I've learned one thing from this year's festival posters so far, it's that Idles need a far more persuasive booking agent.

they’re headlining the 2nd stage at Kendal Calling on the same day

similar thing the day before with Truck / Standon 

4 fests in 2 days for Idles

Edited by Tonybyates

13 hours ago, gfa said:

i don't think your wish has been granted to say the least (hunna is the clash right or are they after?)?

To be honest, it would have had to be someone special to keep me away from the bar ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OK, I'm in, ticket bought.

Question for those who have been previously. Arriving Friday, what is traffic like mid morning? I need to be on site and in "The Quarry" for the first band "The Headspace" as two of my nephews are therein. They have been told they are "on" at midday. So I guess I need to be parked up no later than 11 so I can pitch my tent and get into the arena for midday.

Anyone help?

6 hours ago, Rumblestripe said:

OK, I'm in, ticket bought.

Question for those who have been previously. Arriving Friday, what is traffic like mid morning? I need to be on site and in "The Quarry" for the first band "The Headspace" as two of my nephews are therein. They have been told they are "on" at midday. So I guess I need to be parked up no later than 11 so I can pitch my tent and get into the arena for midday.

Anyone help?

I’d probably say get to the site by about 10 if you’re wanting to watch a band at 12

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

according to company house docs, it's 'JO Worldwide', which traces back to someone called Jason John Oakley (which is a new name to me, and googling doesn't reveal anything).

(thanks to JBarbour, as he did the research)

Any idea what the future may hold for the festival then?