YNOT 2019

tobydlb

Friday- Pixies, Ian Brown, The Specials,The Hunna, The Blinders

Saturday- The Streets, Jamie T, Slaves, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes Estrons 

Sunday- Liam Gallagher, James, DMA's, Pale Waves, Jade Bird

Others- Alkaline Trio, Basement, The Cribs, Shame, Idles, Miles Kane, Neck Deep,Pretty Vicious, Blackwaters, Superograism, Slowthai, Sleaford Mods, Tom Grennan Rat Boy

Edited by Alex Winstone

16 hours ago, stanh said:

George Ezra could possibly do it?  George Ezra / Bastille / Chase & Status 

Can also see a lot of the Neighbourhood undercard being there especially The Hunna and as said above, Primal Scream. Hopefully, we get a lineup announcement soon, or other festivals announce stuff to get a better judgement of who could most likely be there. 

If those 3 are headlining I might rethink my attendance haha

Might be one for youse. Biffy Clyro and Bastille have been announced for Indiependence in County Cork on the first weekend of August. Seems to be about half the size of Y NOT. I know Irish popularity is different to in England but they both seem to have taken a step down.

edit: didn't realise Kendal, Y Not and Truck were all the same weekend now. Maybe those too/instead.

Edited by dentalplan

35 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Might be one for youse. Biffy Clyro and Bastille have been announced for Indiependence in County Cork on the first weekend of August. Seems to be about half the size of Y NOT. I know Irish popularity is different to in England but they both seem to have taken a step down.

edit: didn't realise Kendal, Y Not and Truck were all the same weekend now. Maybe those too/instead.

Truck was always week before , that’s 4 global / broadwick shows in 1 weekend if you add standon calling as well . As a KC goer id be pretty miffed with them 2 ! 

My kids would love it if Bastille played. They headlined Neverworld last year, but of course that's much smaller.

I reckon Tom Grennan will play again. I think he'll play a lot of festivals. Again, my kids will be thrilled, he's their main G!

Otherwise, I'm not really bothered by the mainstage. We spend most of our time in the Giant Squid.

ps. Primal Scream were awful 3 years ago, I thought. Never have a band been so motionless when going through the motions...!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, sisco said:

Surely they won’t be exclusives somewhere? Not really big enough for it are they? 

Any band of any size can be an exclusive, but Idles have already got shows announced at APE and Boardmasters so they won't be exclusive - but may only play those as others.

1 minute ago, huntyyy said:

Any band of any size can be an exclusive, but Idles have already got shows announced at APE and Boardmasters so they won't be exclusive - but may only play those as others.

I thought they were playing Boardmasters then couldn’t find them when I looked for the announcement!!

6 minutes ago, tobydlb said:

are primal scream still big enough to headline?

I think Gillespie’s ego would only want a headline slot. Also it’s the headliner that will appease the older crowd. But then again, they’re not headlining Neighborhood so it’s anyone’s guess. 

1 minute ago, TKOCF said:

I think Gillespie’s ego would only want a headline slot. Also it’s the headliner that will appease the older crowd. But then again, they’re not headlining Neighborhood so it’s anyone’s guess. 

speaking of neighborhood, any chance of richard ashcroft?

10 hours ago, TKOCF said:

Main: Doves (Thursday) Two Door Cinema Club, George Ezra, Primal Scream

Quarry: Suede, Ash, Ratboy

Giant Squid: Deafhaven,  Beartooth, Modern Baseball

That would suit me fine, although I could see an argument with the wife about whether we see Ash or Ezra haha