YNOT 2019

tobydlb

2 hours ago, tobydlb said:

I dont think Jamie Ts big enough to headline tho

Jamie T did play Alexandra Palace twice on his last tour and played 3rd down at Reading, he's a pretty big pull. 

I'd want - Courteeners / George Ezra / The Chemical Brothers

Prediction - Courteeners / Liam Gallagher or Richard Ashcroft if Liam is too big / The Prodigy

17 hours ago, jj200 said:

Arcade fire

Surely Arcade Fire are too big being a former Glasto, R&L headliner & an arena band. Would love it though, would be huge!

Two Door Cinema Club, Courteeners and Chase and Status is my prediction, Courteeners are almost 100%, Two Door were meant to play 2 years ago and got cancelled so they will likely want them back and C&S just a stab in the dark really in case they don’t want an indie headliner, possibly could get the 1975 if they’re not at Reading. 

• 3 weeks later...

So I've finally won the wife round and got tickets for 2019 (had to compromise and get a cottage to stay in, instead of camping though)

I'm guessing the line up will be announced in February as usual.

Who are people realistically hoping for? I've seen some ridiculous suggestion on FB/Twitter

I'm hoping for some bands like:

Franz Ferdinand

Reverend & The Makers (on a main day this year)

Pigeon Detectives

The Subways

Embrace

Bjorn Again

The Charlatans

Any of those would make me very happy

• 2 weeks later...

Royal Blood/Enter Shikari, Shame, Drenge

The Cribs, Slaves, Idles

Liam Gallagher, Jamie T, DMA's, Gerry Cinnamon

Others: Sleaford Mods, The Hives, Alkaline Trio, Future Of the left, Fidlar, Deaf Havana, Basement, The Hunna, Spring King, Pretty Vicious, Estrons,  Slowthai, Muncie Girls, life

Edited by Alex Winstone

Absolutely no chance Royal Blood and Enter Shikari co-headline if that's what that is meant to imply. Shikari could headline this outright and Royal Blood would arguably see it as a step down. They're still on the up. If album 3 flops they'll be doing the smaller festival circuit, but not yet.

• 2 weeks later...