INmusic Festival 2019

gregory

17 hours ago, Tomo18 said:

And cashless how does that work? 

With festival cards, it is effective. Find more here.

It's true, beer used to cost 2.5€ 0.5l, but last year there was no lager beer but craft only and it was 3.5€, otherwise budget friendly festival.

First name should be announced soon, when do they usually post something new, on Fridays?

IDK, Lana doesn't sound something for INmusic to me but you never know. Mumford and Sons are touring, not having a date in Zagreb so far ;)

On 10/8/2018 at 3:40 PM, activean said:

With festival cards, it is effective. Find more here.

that actually seems like a really good idea, i thought it might of been abit of a money making scheme where you either had to use up all the money put on the card or loose it, but the offer to get it back at the end is a great idea, 

decided to booked this, also decided on an apartment in Jarun not to far from the festival and looks easy accessible to head into Zagreb for the few days away from the festival which will be nice , any nice indie/rockandroll bars around?

Edited by Tomo18

10 hours ago, Tomo18 said:

that actually seems like a really good idea, i thought it might of been abit of a money making scheme where you either had to use up all the money put on the card or loose it, but the offer to get it back at the end is a great idea, 

decided to booked this, also decided on an apartment in Jarun not to far from the festival and looks easy accessible to head into Zagreb for the few days away from the festival which will be nice , any nice indie/rockandroll bars around?

Every bar is indie rnr one during the inmusic :D

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Tomo18 said:

As Nicklord said ?and there are few rock cafes otherwise. About pay cards, you need to keep the receipt, to get your money back. 

From Jarun there are festival shuttle busses from Hrgoviči street and hrvatskog sokola street. 

I hope they publish first name shortly so that this debate gets more alive, the Cure seems to be the most logical move at the moment. 

The Cure was confirmed for Exit festival, probably that rules out them for Inmusic ? 

Those two festivals never share same headliners, they are both in Balkan area. 

After Firenze and Exit it would be really bad timing to confirm them as the last one, also The Cure are now twice quite close to Zagreb. So Mumford or who do you think? 

I’ve got a feeling the biggest act this year will be Muse. Last played here in 2007 and I’ve heard a few (unsubstantiated) rumours. I know people would say they are too big but I think Muse are the kind of band that tour like hell and like to get area coverage. Besides tickets prices are already up and no one announced yet which suggests a solid line up and/or a big ticket selling name.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Nicklord said:

At the press conference today they explicitly said The Cure's management contacted them (after years of Exit contacting/begging :lol: them) and said they're open about playing for less cause the band wanted to play some new places this summer

This makes me think they're in with a chance for INmusic, but who knows. 

I still think Muse are way too expensive for INmusic, but happy to be proved wrong. Foo Fighters might be more likely even than Muse IMO... 

1 hour ago, everest said:

In Rock Werchter topic someone said that Muse is doing stadium tour, no festivals, like Metallica.

You’d expect them to do a stadium tour for the album and then do festivals after this. They played some pretty small festivals as part of the drones tour so I don’t see them as too big. The Cure is a better fit for inmusic though but I’d have thought they would’ve announced them already if they had them.....would be painful for the Croats to let the Serbs announce first :P

21 hours ago, everest said:

2006 - Franz Ferdinand, Morrissey

2009 - Lilly Allen

2011 - Arcade Fire, Jamiroquai, Grinderman

2013 - Bloc Party

2015 - Motorhead (rip Lemmy)

i guess i was wrong  then, but till 7 years from sharing headliners. Tnx for the info.

8 hours ago, NomadicMan said:

The Cure is a better fit for inmusic though but I’d have thought they would’ve announced them already if they had them.....would be painful for the Croats to let the Serbs announce first :P

That was my point, festivals are more rivals to each other than partners (ok, Exit has become mostly electronic party in recent years .. ), so why wouldn't announced them already?
Love your Muse theory, i  just hope we are not to optimistic.

Artist releasing new album in next few weeks: Muse, Mumford & Sons, Disturbed, Imagine Dragons, The 1975

the festival is okey, you can see a lot of good bands for a very cheap ticket price. atmosphere is usually nothing special, people come for headliners only. food and drinks are horrible. but if you come for some good sets, and dont want to pay high ticket prices, its good.

24 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

No no. I meant who were they trying to get cause obviously they wanted someone and that didn't go through

I believe this this has actually happened, QOTSA and Nick cave were both announced as headliners, while Interpol/Alice in Chains were not. 

They did book Interpol and probably were looking for one more but it didn't go through or/also there was no need to because tickets were selling well.

otherwise I agree with you about weird PR

Edited by activean

6 minutes ago, gregory said:

INmusic's most recent follow on Twitter is The Cure... 

That makes the booking very likely.....They always follow the bands they book. I’d be quite into seeing the cure at inmusic next year.

incidentally they also retweeted some dude who was asking Matt Bellamy to come to Zagreb. Maybe they got both :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, NomadicMan said:

incidentally they also retweeted some dude who was asking Matt Bellamy to come to Zagreb. Maybe they got both :rolleyes:

They re-tweet literally anything mentioning them lol. But ya, Cure look very likely now I reckon. Wonder if they'll be touring a 90 min 'hits' set or go longer where allowed...

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, gregory said:

They re-tweet literally anything mentioning them lol. But ya, Cure look very likely now I reckon. Wonder if they'll be touring a 90 min 'hits' set or go longer where allowed...

Colours of Ostrava ensured on Facebook that the Cure will play over 2 hours set.

• Upvote 1