INmusic Festival 2019

gregory

29 minutes ago, everest said:

Why do you compare inmusic with exit? Exit is electronic festival with so many shitty acts. They had in past excellent bands, but now, only electronic garbage with few good rock bands. I've been on Sea star in 2017 only because of Prodigy and that was my worst festival experience. Exit is probably same shit.

For me, even if I dont like many bands on Inmusic, they still have a better lineup in a last few years.

Because The Cure are playing both, as @Nicklord had mentioned, but for much less (€25 per ticket) :)

Anyway, to no ones surprise, they deleted that conversation thread I mentioned, but I screen short it last week for prosperity https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/226792-inmusic-festival-2019/?do=findComment&comment=5570980 

52 minutes ago, everest said:

Why do you compare inmusic with exit? Exit is electronic festival with so many shitty acts. They had in past excellent bands, but now, only electronic garbage with few good rock bands. I've been on Sea star in 2017 only because of Prodigy and that was my worst festival experience. Exit is probably same shit.

For me, even if I dont like many bands on Inmusic, they still have a better lineup in a last few years.

That's not the point but @gregory explained what I wanted to say :D

Also if you don't like electronic music doesn't mean it's garbage. I'm not the happiest with the shift Exit took from alt rock to electronic fest but there's almost no shitty electronic music there, plus Exit has literally every type of music so of course when you look at the lineup you wouldn't like everything. Last year on the same day I saw (in order) LP, Fever Ray, 10 minutes of Migos, Sevdaliza, friend's metal band at some small stage and then Richie Hawtin

Edited by Nicklord
  • Upvote 1

I put that Excel lineup file online, open for everyone to edit (i hope it works)
INmusic lineup

Overall i would say lineup is not that bad so far but it is missing some big names compared to last two editions. It is comparable more to INmusic#11 in 2016.

But in case with two more solid names announced it would out of a sudden become quite strong, with more "known" names than usually and quite strong under cards (for INmusic standards)

@gregory I can't think of a more realistic acts you named on that list ?I would take Liam but expecting Kraftwerk/Bastille. Just not FF please haha .. 

Edited by activean

Foals just released new single and tour dates. They have a show Bournemouth June 26, so probably playing INmusic on the first festival day. 

Also just for the info, Peter Bjorn and John are playing in Ljubljana this March, tickets are 16-18€. 

Edited by activean
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, activean said:

Also just for the info, Peter Bjorn and John are playing in Ljubljana this March, tickets are 16-18€. 

I often go to Kino Siska and tickets usually are from 20€, they must be incredible. Anyway I'm joking, I quite like them. 

But with this stellar lineup I'm 99% out for InMusic, I'll go away for job in those days, it's better to be at work than watching LP :D

Edited by alan_ts

Šumski were now added to Euopavox. "Return to the strange and wondrous forest" ?

Thom Yorke is near, 2nd July in Germany and later in Italy .. 

He would fit instead David Bryne from last year, but this spot is already taken i guess..

He may even be a headliner here, i'm really confused what more can we expect ?

Edited by activean
  • Like 1

New week, new poster?My interpretation of it: 

-We are missing one headliner

-Kurt is second down

-One more Word stage headliner tba, but something local. 

-I doubt Sofi is headlining Hidden stage with Peter Bjorn & John, event though it would be great considering her musical genre + that would mean one more Word stage headliner to be added. 

-The number of known artist is already close to as it was in previous editions, but maybe we could get some more acceptable names this year, it's only January.

Image may contain: sky, cloud, text, outdoor and water

5 hours ago, Andrej said:

could see Liam now as last headliner.

That would bring quite a bad crowd over from the UK (like in 2017), so hopefully not.

I also have a vision of Cure fans buying a 3-day pass and only going on the cure day, so the festival could be quite empty the other 2 days (fingers crossed)

As for David Byrne = Kurt Vile, St Vincent = LP, and AIC = Garbage ... ?

3 hours ago, gregory said:

I also have a vision of Cure fans buying a 3-day pass and only going on the cure day, so the festival could be quite empty the other 2 days (fingers crossed)

?

I thought the same when they were announced... 

Italy is around the corner and their last shows here were about 80€...

• Upvote 1

Definitely this. The Cure are massive here in the region, and most of the ticket buyers are 35 or 40+, so they just want to see The Cure, are not a "normal" festival crowd, and if it rains and they dont like the line up on other days, they will simply stay at home.