INmusic Festival 2019

gregory

Went to see Suede last night, really good show. I wasnt there on Monday, but yesterday seemed like there was a lot less people than in previous 2 years. Also less bars, stages, the festival seems smaller in general. Should be very crowded for The Cure tonight.

The best thing about this “craft beer”’ is that if you hold it long enough to go flat and warm it tastes like English ale. Lol. 

Cure is gonna be packed tonight, a bit worried about the lack of loos and bars. Let’s see. 

Edited by gregory

2 hours ago, gregory said:

The best thing about this “craft beer”’ is that if you hold it long enough to go flat and warm it tastes like English ale. Lol. 

Cure is gonna be packed tonight, a bit worried about the lack of loos and bars. Let’s see. 

Many people peed in the woods yesterday due to the lack of toilets. Might be worse today as you say but lets hope for the best

17 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

Sound went completly off in the midle of the concert for 10 minutes and after that next few songs sounded terible, could barely hear anything. 

I'm reading now that there was electricity shoutdown in that part of Zagreb.. 

'Koncert slavne grupe The Cure nakratko prekinut zbog nestanka struje' 

S*it happens:) 

Edited by activean

Probably the weakest InMusic in the last 5 years. Everything was doubled down, not more than 12-13k people I would say. A lot of stages disappeared, a smaller amount of bars. Felt like The Cure concert with a few more bands thrown around them. Still had some good moments, liked some live sets, but felt very strange all in all. 

• Upvote 1

Good thread, we almost didn't guess anything but it was fun, 1.094 replies, wow! :)

Despite all critics here, i enjoyed festival. Weather was fine, 2-3 good concerts everyday, the atmosphere was good, acceptable food/drink queues most of the time, people relaxed... 

There were some unnecessary things like every year, traditional lack of toilets, no bus on first day, some PR fighting on Facebook with people, Hidden stage was even smaller .. Also basicly no upgrades compared to last years. 

Still worth paying that 50€, too cheap to miss :D

I'm curious what will follow after edition like that. 

Nice to met you Gregory. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, activean said:

2 days after and still no statement, nothing on webpage, no 'see you next year' thing.

Who knows what is going on.. 

In a case of doubt they are selling tickets for 2020 ?

Edited by alan_ts

BBC talked to Robert Smith of The Cure in light of their upcoming Glastonbury headline show, and touched upon their recent headline show at INmusic festival #14: "Weirdly enough we've never played a show in Croatia and it was our very first time in Zagreb last night and it was absolutely fantastic, it was really great![The audience] sang along to songs I've never heard crowds at our shows sing along to, it was absolutely quite bizarre, it was great." Thank you Robert, we had a blast which was absolutely worth the decades of waiting! ???

Velike pohvale Roberta Smitha INmusic festivalu! BBC je razgovarao s Robertom Smithom povodom njihovog nadolazećeg headline nastupa na Glastonburyu pri čemu se frontman kultnog The Curea osvrnuo i na nedavni nastup na INmusic festivalu: "Začudo nikada nismo svirali u Hrvatskoj, a sinoć nam je bio i prvi posjet Zagrebu tako da je bilo apsolutno fantastično, stvarno sjajno! Publika je pjevala sve riječi pjesama, čak i onih na koje nikada na našim nastupima ne pjevaju, bilo je posve bizarno, zaista sjajno!" Hvala Roberte, i nama je bilo divno, a čekanje se sve ove godine apsolutno isplatilo! ???

C332CA7E-8536-407C-B53C-058857A5C04A.png

So what did everybody think of this year? It was my first time at In Music and I was pleasantly surprised=) 

My top five concerts were: 

1) Zeal & Ardor (what a band!)

2) Suede                  

3) The Cure (Epic!)

4) Peter, Bjorn & John (a real surprise for me: super good live band!) 

5) Foals

49 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

So what did everybody think of this year? It was my first time at In Music and I was pleasantly surprised=) 

2) Suede                  

3) The Cure (Epic!)

5) Foals

1) The Cure
2) Zeal & Ardor
3) Suede
4) Fontaines D.C.
5) Garbage

Honourable mention goes to Skindred, which was just mad. Whatever their style is, it may not be my thing but the performance was absolutely electric and got everyone going. Crazy band.

Edited by ShutUpDonny
  • Upvote 1

I've only been to the first 2 days (also was in Croatia the whole weekend before and that was ace too) and I loved it. It was smaller but that was better for me. Foals were great, they played all the best songs from the new album. They were better than the last time I saw em in 2016. Suede were boring as shit if you ask me :D Garbage were a nice surprise. All in all, I loved it. 

I wanted to have an efest meetup but I literally had no time for anything there. Hopefully next year :( 

On 7/1/2019 at 5:25 PM, ParanoidTourist said:

2) Suede                  

3) The Cure (Epic!)

5) Foals

Evening, abit of a long one 

Also my first INmusic,

have to say I enjoyed it more than expected, the line up for me wasn’t great and I’m used to going to Glastonbury so was worried about the size of INmusic but i found something to enjoy throughout the whole festival.

day 1:  I got in quite early, caught the back end of Paul the walrus (with about 30 other people) - dno - kurt vile - skindred(what a show) - the hives (love them) - Johnny marr - foals 

going off the line up day 1 was the best day for me, sadly couldn’t find time for Fontaines

Day 2: frank turner - gato preto - black honey - garbage - thievery corporation - lysistrata - suede - zeal & ardor 

planned to start early with the Ks but ended up exploring more of Zagreb. And buying gin from Lidl 

day 3: joy cut - mangroove - LP - kojoti - the cure - Peter Bjorn & John 

probably the least excited day for me, but great shows from the cure and Peter bjorn, not a bad vegan burger aswell 

Top 5 in no particular order:

The hives (great energy frontman)

foals (always been a fan)

frank turner (really good as always)

the cure (really enjoyed the cure but needed the toilet 5-6 songs in, got reasonably close to the front, so getting front to back was crazy so apologies if I stood on anyone’s toes, let’s just say I stayed at the back when returning ?)

skindred (not my type of genre really but woke up the festival, got everyone involved and it was great fun)

mention to kurt vile, someone I wish I had looked at before the festival, but will be giving a good listen after

overall I would come again in the future, 

great atmosphere, friendly people & good weather can’t really ask for more(maybe better beer, but it all does the same thing), love the top up card idea think this would be great in the uk 

but I think the ladies need more toilets 

Away from the festival, I explored Zagreb which is a lovely place, decent bars and curry bowl have some great food! 

again really friendly people, never have I had an apology from a shop assistant when they spoke there own language instead of that of the customer which made me smile, planned to go to plitvice lakes but never managed it (something for when I come back) but i did go over to ljubljana For the day instead really nice place 

• Upvote 3