INmusic Festival 2019

gregory

It looks like booking Thievery Corporation was great decision, their FB announcement has 1600 likes already, only The Cure, Garbage, Suede, Foals and the The Hives have more. 

New banner today, Inmusic have moved them higher, also above Santigold and that makes it even more suspicious - or they moved her to other day or maybe to 3rd down on main stage and TC are headlining Word stage ? Either way this day also looks strong for Inmusic standards. (They conformed TC are playing 25.6)

Image may contain: cloud, sky, text, outdoor, nature and water

• Upvote 1

I guess they have to have moved Santigold to Wednesday to headline. Can’t see her playing below TC. They’re getting a massive reaction though, maybe they were meant to be before Santi and they got switched.  TC defo got moved up the artist order on the website within a few hours of the announcement & reaction 

• Upvote 1

I thought it was strange that they were that low at first. They have a huge fanbase here for some reason (like Skunk Anansie). They're playing a 10k venue in Belgrade in june for example. Tickets are 15€ and I imagine it's gonna be almost full

Edited by Nicklord

Uf InMusic got so lucky late with this TC booking. Big band all around ex Yu, and i guess not that expensive. In our market, I would say only The Cure are a bigger band here. If TC would play Zagreb alone, i guess they can do 3,000 tickets themselves. No other band on this years line up can move that amount of tickets except for the Cure of course.

Sometimes our market is just so strange, Skunk Anansie are playing Zagreb in a 5,000 cap venue, and Prague in 800 cap ?!

• Upvote 1

Two new acts ??

26 names so far all together + Lysistrata, out of <50. 

Still missing 3 main stage names, 5-6 World stage and half of Hidden stage names (mostly all small ones with short set), Balkan names and INtheater stand up shows (why aren't they in English? ?)

13 hours ago, activean said:

Two new acts ??

26 names so far all together + Lysistrata, out of <50. 

Still missing 3 main stage names, 5-6 World stage and half of Hidden stage names (mostly all small ones with short set), Balkan names and INtheater stand up shows (why aren't they in English? ?)

42 'bands' last year, so we are getting close. 

I think we have the 3 Balkan names already; Eid East, the rappers, and Mangroove (what a waste of a stage just having one band play per day...)

Day tickets from tomorrow? 

1 hour ago, activean said:

One day ticket for Day 2, 25 June 2019, Tuesday. Not valid for other dates. Suede, Garbage, Thievery Corporation, Santigold, Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls, Zeal & Ardor, Gato Preto, Black Honey, tbc

Wow

:o 

I wonder if they might put Santigold on from 0045-0200 or something? I can’t see her playing at 7:45 on the second stage, she’s still a big act 

Just now, activean said:

"Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances, Santigold is canceling the entire European tour scheduled for this summer, as well as the performance at this year's INmusic festival. "

:o ? 

I wonder if they knew this when they booked Theivery Corporation on the same day (and then put them on the same poster for a week anyway...) 

That suck, i was really looking forward to see her:/ 

I was asking myself the same question, but why would they made post about The hives just half an hour before cancellation announce?

In case they didn't knew, she was meant to be Word stage headliner at first IMO but later they booked Thievery to boost ticket sales so that day is full and i don't expect equivalent replacement. 

4 minutes ago, activean said:

That suck, i was really looking forward to see her:/ 

I was asking myself the same question, but why would they made post about The hives just half an hour before cancellation announce?

In case they didn't knew, she was meant to be Word stage headliner at first IMO but later they booked Thievery to boost ticket sales so that day is full and i don't expect equivalent replacement. 

yeah, they almost definitely won't replace her now they have TC, she was probably quite expensive too ($50-100k I'd guess). More money saved.

Meanwhile, no acts announced for World Stage on Wed...