INmusic Festival 2019

gregory

21 hours ago, activean said:

Can someone of you recommend me any good places to visit in Zagreb while visiting INmusic ? Like bars, food, things to do ... 

I have already been few times there so I've seen the most touristic and known places and i'm looking for some new ways where to spend days..

il be keen to know this also, would love some dive/quirky locals bars 

9 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Just go to one of the parks and sit on a bench and drink from a bottle like a true slav. I've been to Zagreb like 15 times in my life, only ever got coffee in bars in the morning (also like a true slav should) :P

What a weird way to spell rakija. 

I agree though. If anyone still wants a bar, I quite like sw*nky monkey garden (I am by no means an expert or a local, so there might be better options). 

15 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Just go to one of the parks and sit on a bench and drink from a bottle like a true slav. I've been to Zagreb like 15 times in my life, only ever got coffee in bars in the morning (also like a true slav should) :P

Haha actually last year I spent a morning in a smoky bar in Jarun drinking beer and talking about football with some old local. 

Me as a tourist I really appreciated The Garden Brewery bar and Submarine burger. 

But from what I've seen almost every bar in the city centre has a court and a good drinks choice. 

Tolkien’s house probably has the best beer menu, burgeraj does the best burgers, sw*nky bar (attached to a youth hostel) as someone mentioned is cool and great for meeting people.

if you want to do something really...erm...different... get pissed up and hit a turbofolk nightclub at 2 am ?

3 hours ago, clasher said:

What a weird way to spell rakija. 

Rakija at home at 7am before breakfast. 

2 hours ago, NomadicMan said:

Tolkien’s house probably has the best beer menu, burgeraj does the best burgers, sw*nky bar (attached to a youth hostel) as someone mentioned is cool and great for meeting people.

if you want to do something really...erm...different... get pissed up and hit a turbofolk nightclub at 2 am ?

Actually, I would recommend this. It's so fancy AND trashy at the same time. If you go one time it can be enjoyable for sure

• Upvote 1

The top program and the extremely inexpensive ticket price of the INmusic Festival has also recognized one of the most important music magazines in the world, the cult New Musical Express, which is the INmusic festival in Zagreb, declared the best and most successful festival in Europe.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

Siddharta is arguably the biggest Slovenian (mainstream) rock band (not as big as Šumski in croatia though), so I thought I'd tell you a bit about them. 

I grew up listening to their first three albums (ID, Nord, Rh-), know them by heart and would certainly recommend them as you'd struggle too find a bad song. They sing predominantly in slovenian (there's an english version of Rh-), however I wouldn't let that bother me too much since they mostly have texts that sound good but don't make much sense anyway ?

Since the third album they have released quite a few more, with some hits and some misses. They usually play a nice mix of old and new, but the songs you should know, the ones they played a lot lately or the songs I recommend you start with if you wanna check them out are: Na Soncu, Napoj, Ledena, Medrevesa, Platina, Ring, Samo Edini.

Edited by clasher
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, clasher said:

Siddharta is arguably the biggest Slovenian (mainstream) rock band (not as big as Šumski in croatia though), so I thought I'd tell you a bit about them. 

I grew up listening to their first three albums (ID, Nord, Rh-), know them by heart and would certainly recommend them as you'd struggle too find a bad song. They sing predominantly in slovenian (there's an english version of Rh-), however I wouldn't let that bother me too much since they mostly have texts that sound good but don't make much sense anyway ?

Since the third album they have released quite a few more, with some hits and some misses. They usually play a nice mix of old and new, but the songs you should know, the ones they played a lot lately or the songs I recommend you start with if you wanna check them out are: Na Soncu, Napoj, Ledena, Medrevesa, Platina, Ring, Samo Edini.

They're quite high up in the list (... Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls, Sofi Tukker, Peter Bjorn and John, Skindred, Gato Preto, Siddharta, Black Honey, Fontaines D.C., Zeal & Ardor). Will they be second down on the World Stage? Or bigger than that? 

Nice addition. I liked them a lot when I was a kid. They don't come to Serbia often, I think I watched them in 2012 the last time

Did Laibach ever play at Inmusic? I know they played Exit twice so if they can play there they should/could play Inmusic too. My by favorite Slovenian band :D I'm gonna spam them about Laibach now

This is them for those who don't know: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glu9wA4HjE0

• Like 2

Siddharta is confirmed to play on 24.6., they are not and they haven't been a part of Europavox but confirmed as "part of the Europavox project" so that suggest the stage .. It's going to be so weird to see them in such a small venue ?

Wonder where and when Sofi, Skindred and Kurt Ville are playing. 

8 minutes ago, activean said:

Siddharta is confirmed to play on 24.6., they are not and they haven't been a part of Europavox but confirmed as "part of the Europavox project" so that suggest the stage .. It's going to be so weird to see them in such a small venue ?

Personal reflection: considering the amount of known acts, is the possibility they expand Hidden Stage? Just a thinking but it makes sense to me. 

10 minutes ago, activean said:

I was thinking just the same!

Are you 100% not going this year? 

Sadly no...I'm in center of Italy for all the week working :(

But I'm for Foos in Pula the week before ;)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, activean said:

Kurt was announced for Main, but who knows about the others. Frank Turner too. Lysistrata sound great too, wonder where they’ll be. 

Anyone still think we have a World Stage headliner to come or will it be one of the stageless acts..?

6 hours ago, Nicklord said:

Did Laibach ever play at Inmusic? I know they played Exit twice so if they can play there they should/could play Inmusic too. My by favorite Slovenian band :D I'm gonna spam them about Laibach now

Something for you here :) 

2 hours ago, gregory said:

Kurt was announced for Main, but who knows about the others. Frank Turner too. Lysistrata sound great too, wonder where they’ll be. 

Anyone still think we have a World Stage headliner to come or will it be one of the stageless acts..?

Maybe they'll try with another local big act, for Croatians. Daily Schedule is around 3-4 weeks away, we should have full lineup at that time. 

Actually some guy commented 4 days ago that lineup is great and he bought a ticket, asking if there will be more names and they replied "there will be another announcements, but the negotiations are in progress so we will see who it will be." (Google translate=)

So we are missing 1 Balkan stage artist, some Word stage artist playing from 19.30-20.30, Lysistrata announcement and all competitions winners? 

When I mentioned this to a mate, he did seem to like the idea of going. I'm surprised there's no Easyjet/Ryanair/other cheap airline to Zagreb though given they seem to go to everywhere else in Croatia... what is an option to get there without whacking the cash up for direct BA or Croatian Air?

11 minutes ago, charlierc said:

When I mentioned this to a mate, he did seem to like the idea of going. I'm surprised there's no Easyjet/Ryanair/other cheap airline to Zagreb though given they seem to go to everywhere else in Croatia... what is an option to get there without whacking the cash up for direct BA or Croatian Air?

I presume you are flying from the UK... There's EasyJet to Ljubljana and some dirt cheap Ryanair connections to Rijeka, Trieste and Venice. You should be able to get from each of those to Zagreb for less than 30€. Venice is a bit further away... Depends on whether Stansted works for you too... 

Got them to confirm Sofi Tukker for the Main Stage ;) 

That means we might have another World headliner to come, unless The Hives or Frank Turner headline.

image.png.378286a6d73d93c3cce53a9df273ee94.png

I wonder where Skindred will play, now the Main seems full. They didn't get any Europavox association... 

• Upvote 1