INmusic Festival 2019

gregory

So i was right ?

I don't think it's THAT bad either, response on FB is quite good. 

1 hour ago, NomadicMan said:

Shame really as despite the underwhelming headliners the lineups pretty solid this year.

Exactly, add Smashing Pumpkins instead of Suede an this lineup looks great. 

But i agree with Gregory that lineup is a bit dated and not attractive enough for young people, Foals, Lp and Sofi Tuker alone are not enough. 

Hope they'll learn from this.. :)

"...the cult New Musical Express declared INmusic festival the best and most successful festival in Europe." :D 

Always makes me laugh/angry that they have the audacity to claim NME said this when they didn't.

Anyway, LP is playing on Wednesday, which means the Main Stage will probably look like this; 

Monday 24 Tuesday 25 Wednesday 26
Foals Suede The Cure
The Hives Garbage LP
Kurt Vile & The Violators Frank Turner  Sofi Tukker

Sad to hear that the festival appears not to sell well. I understand if some of you think the line up is old but I really like it (+ I grew up in the 90s listening to Suede hehe) . And the undercard bands are really strong this  year it seems=)  

Maybe festivals have trouble to sell out in general this year. For example: Rock Werchter are usually sold out by this time of year and so far they only sold out one day, 

Edited by ParanoidTourist
  • Upvote 2

Been to Zagreb today, heard a lot of rumours from media / musicians friends...including Papa Roach, Thievery Corporation, Tears for Fears...I personally dont believe in any of these, but people are throwing these names around. To me, it looks like line up is pretty much finished.

22 minutes ago, Andrej said:

Been to Zagreb today, heard a lot of rumours from media / musicians friends...including Papa Roach, Thievery Corporation, Tears for Fears...I personally dont believe in any of these, but people are throwing these names around. To me, it looks like line up is pretty much finished.

Tears for Fears plays on Sunday in the UK, on Tuesday in Luxembourg and on Wednesday in France, four days in a row is pretty unrealistic... 

1 hour ago, alan_ts said:

Meantime here in Trieste half city has bought tickets for InMusic :) 

Is there any advertisements around the city also? 

On FB many Italians, UK and German people commenting and liking stuff .. so i guess ticket dropout is mostly by Croatians, maybe Everest is right and 500kn is just to expensive (for that lineup) for them. 

In all interviews and statements they are pushing hard against the government about and the importance of the festival and the necessity of increasing subsidies if they want to survive.

I don't know, I'm fine with the idea of cheapest tickets for locals, as long they can rise the budget & survive that way. Wasn't/isn't the same with Exit fest? 

4 minutes ago, activean said:

Absolutely no. 

I think that most of the people (older people) interested in this festival is because of The Cure (I heard people talking about Inmusic also in my son kindergarten) 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, activean said:

On FB many Italians, UK and German people commenting and liking stuff .. so i guess ticket dropout is mostly by Croatians, maybe Everest is right and 500kn is just to expensive (for that lineup) for them. 

In all interviews and statements they are pushing hard against the government about and the importance of the festival and the necessity of increasing subsidies if they want to survive.

I don't know, I'm fine with the idea of cheapest tickets for locals, as long they can rise the budget & survive that way. Wasn't/isn't the same with Exit fest? 

Exit is 60€ (first price 45€) for ex Yu and 110€ (from 90€) for the rest. I was always wondering why inmusic doesn't do the same thing 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, gregory said:

After all that tickets went up by 50kuna / €7. 

So now a ticket w/ camping (and fees) costs €113. Not exactly the best value festival in Europe any more. 

Fair enough, I never consider the camping price since I've never camped. 

On 3/30/2019 at 8:08 PM, activean said:

I also like the idea of it, but they've never done it before, suggests low ticket sales. In 2017 tons of people flew from the UK for KOL, Arcade Fire, Kasabian and Alt J, but will they for this lineup? 

Anyway, here's a video;

Can someone of you recommend me any good places to visit in Zagreb while visiting INmusic ? Like bars, food, things to do ... 

I have already been few times there so I've seen the most touristic and known places and i'm looking for some new ways where to spend days..

Edited by activean