INmusic Festival 2019

gregory

So this will be the first time ever that there'll be more than 3 English speaking acts on the Hidden Stage, right? (PB&J, Zeal & Ardor, and now these 2. Possibly Skindred too)

Also possibly the first time there'll be clashing 'international' acts too....

Edited by gregory

1 minute ago, activean said:

Both sounds solid to me,  maybe worth checking them out while having a beer :D

Hidden stage is the most improved stage in terms of lineup compared to previous years, but isn't a bit small for bands like PB&J or Skindred ? 

PB&J are confirmed for it, was just guessing for Skindred (based on Sofi, and Frank Turner possibly being 3rd down on Main alongside Kurt V (confirmed MainStage)

• Upvote 1

Just now, gregory said:

PB&J are confirmed for it, was just guessing for Skindred (based on Sofi, and Frank Turner possibly being 3rd down on Main alongside Kurt V (confirmed MainStage)

I know, but i meant the capacity of the place, PB&J could attract some crowd .. Isn't that tent pretty small ? 

Anyway, i think i'm gonna spend more time here than i did in the previous years ?

• Upvote 2

Here's my 'i-got-too-much-free-time-table' :

If the text is green = the day is confirmed (by looking on bands websites etc). Foals is a guess but seems very likely.
If the font is normal (not italic) = they are confirmed for that stage.
If it's italic = they are not confirmed for that stage, it is a guess. (Hives, FrankT, LP, Sofi, Skindred)

image.png.700023be000e9b9a50759a3a6c3a7834.png

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, gregory said:

If the text is green = the day is confirmed (by looking on bands websites etc). Foals is a guess but seems very likely.
If it's italic = they are not confirmed for that stage, it is a guess. (Hives, FrankT, LP, Sofi, Skindred)

Not thinking much of the Wednesday but Monday and Tuesday look really good.  Especially once they announce Idles for that world stage slot on Tuesday.

22 minutes ago, gregory said:

Announcing a full US Tour, Idles will return to the US May 2019. They’ll play 16 dates across the US with support from Fontaines DC.

They are at south side on 23 then st gallen following Thursday or Friday. Could easily fit Inmusic in and they are touring like hell. Interesting Fontaine’s link. They definitely fit along the slaves, frank carter line of previous years.

Spoilers, but first The Cure "festival" setlist of the year here: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-cure/2019/carnival-city-festival-lawns-johannesburg-south-africa-392050b.html 

Almost identical to the Hyde Park setlist but 3 songs longer. 

They came on at 20:15 and curfew was 23:00. I wonder how long INmusic will give them...

• Upvote 1

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 1:44 PM, gregory said:

Just saw that Sofi Tukker plays on the 24th of June so perhaps Santigold or the Hives plays on a another day:) 

Really interested which stage are Sofi Tukker playing because of different genre (+ They kind of grown on me)

Last few announcements:

Fontaines and Black Honey -Friday 15.3

mangroove -Thursday 7.3

Santigold - Monday 4.3

Edi East - Wednesday 27.2

At least one per week so next one incoming this week probably? If there is any interesting yet to announce, i expect it to happen after ticket price rise. 

• Upvote 1