INmusic Festival 2019

gregory

back to reality for a second, why would Sanigold headline the second stage and Frank or Sofi not? Is Santigold bigger than a 3rd tier Main stage act (Kurt, Frank, Sofi) in 2019? 

Trying to understand this lineup is even more confusing than last year. 

I would estimate them on about same level, even social networks and the number of Spotify listeners basically indicates that.

Maybe the 3rd down will be stronger than the Word stage, to encourage people to come sooner into the festival site. 

Edit: On website she is set after Kurt, Frank, Sofi and before Skindread, Peter Bjorn &John and Zeal & Ardor .. that could prove your theory. 

Edited by activean

1 hour ago, activean said:

I would estimate them on about same level, even social networks and the number of Spotify listeners basically indicates that.

Maybe the 3rd down will be stronger than the Word stage, to encourage people to come sooner into the festival site. 

Edit: On website she is set after Kurt, Frank, Sofi and before Skindread, Peter Bjorn &John and Zeal & Ardor .. that could prove your theory. 

I think you're right.

Maybe we will get some clues if they update the poster tomorrow..?

Edited by ParanoidTourist

7 hours ago, gregory said:

Yep, was thinking acts instead on website may go Main, World, Hidden in order. 

Wrote this going for a piss at 4:30am. Let me try again;

"Yep, was thinking the acts listed on website may be in order of Main, World, Hidden." So;

• The Cure, Foals, Suede, Garbage, LP, The Hives, Kurt Vile & The Violators, Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls, Sofi Tukker
  • Santigold
  • Peter Bjorn and John, Skindred, Zeal & Ardor

But probably not though. I still think Frank Turner will headline 2nd stage, probably Sofi Tukker too. Could equally be;

• The Cure, Foals, Suede, Garbage, LP, The Hives, Kurt Vile & The Violators
  • Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls, Sofi Tukker, Santigold
  • Peter Bjorn and John, Skindred, Zeal & Ardor

In which case 0 more acts to come. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Assuming there are 2 headliner slots left on world stage: let speculate who could fill those slots:)

I would like Thom Yorke and The Good, The Bad & the Queen but knowing thats not maybe realistic I'd guess on Cigarettes after sex and Johnny Marr (both play Hurricane the previous weekend). Maybe I'm even too optimistic about those too..

Other smaller acts that maybe could appear: Yonaka, SWMRS, Ten Tonnes, Sam Fender, Idles

What do you think?  

Edited by ParanoidTourist

1 minute ago, ParanoidTourist said:

True! I forgot about Idles. Adding them to the list

InMusic used to have some harder stuff and I think this is the only festival they have not announced yet :D

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

Assuming there are 2 headliner slots left on world stage: let speculate who could fill those slots:)

I would like Thom Yorke and The Good, The Bad & the Queen but knowing thats not maybe realistic I'd guess on Cigarettes after sex and Johnny Marr (both play Hurricane the previous weekend). Maybe I'm even too optimistic about those too..

Other smaller acts that maybe could appear: Yonaka, SWMRS, Ten Tonnes, Sam Fender, Idles

What do you think?  

Miles Kane maybe. Sigrid. Wolfmother? The Wombats?

3 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

Yeah, Another Heavy name would be awesome. Otherwise we have to make do with Zeal & Ardor??

And Skindred....

Edited by gregory

Fuck just lost a whole post. Let's try again. A few other thoughts:

* "We will announce headliners of second stage" - headliners plural, Santigold is singular. more to come then hopefully.
* Monday announcement = Friday announcement possible.
* Santigold is another less than relevant act hey. This lineup has a very dated / retro feel at the moment. 
* Skindred in the tent late night would actually be pretty fun, let's hope it happens.
* No Billy Corgan / Smashing Pumpkins possible

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, gregory said:

* Monday announcement = Friday announcement possible.

Lets hope so! This is ridiculous speculation on my part but the fact that they haven't updated the poster possibly means they'll announce again this week and wait with the poster update

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, gregory said:

* Skindred in the tent late night would actually be pretty fun, let's hope it happens.

Couldn't agree more and Sofi there would be amazing too. I'm happy with this upgrade, so that there is something to do after the main stage. 

I'm expecting one local artist ranked as Word stage headliner and this is probably it, JINX took that spot in 2018 and they were announced May 11th, so i don't expect everything to be announced so quickly. Best scenario one local + one foreign known name. 

At some point we thought Kurt Vile is second down, Garbage are headliners and that we have all known names like a month ago and since than Suede, Hives and Santigold were announced so i'm quite happy with how this has turned out after all ?

And White Lies this weekend with "The only chance to see them in area" so ruled out + Morcheeba playing Zagreb Beer Fest in May, so also ruled out.

Skunk Anansie announced a show in Ljubljana few days ago, it has just been sold out and the tickets were 28€ (200+kn), they are really big here. 

Skunk Anansie have always been very big here. Now that Ljubljana is sold out, I expect a lot of other fans from the area to go to Zagreb show. Zagreb show is in the venue 4 x bigger than Ljubljana. if Suede and Foals really are InMusic headliners this year, then Skunk would headline it as well. They are way way bigger here than both Suede and Foals.

9 minutes ago, Andrej said:

Hm, are they local ? Never heard of this band, and I live part time Croatia, part time Slovenia.

Another local act. It really is that time of year then hey.

No mention of stage or headliner status on the website. They played in Zagreb last night apparently, huge venue... 

Image may contain: 1 person, sitting and indoor

Edited by gregory