INmusic Festival 2019

gregory

1 hour ago, gregory said:

Just watched some videos from the opening night of the new Muse tour. No fucking way that show/production is coming to INmusic. 

Agree, crazy what did they squeezed in that arena, next level production. Not sure if they will have the same at festivals (if they even do any festivals except RW after all).

Hope for Sam Fender tbc here or something similar.

• Upvote 1

On 2/23/2019 at 5:29 PM, activean said:

Agree, crazy what did they squeezed in that arena, next level production. Not sure if they will have the same at festivals (if they even do any festivals except RW after all).

Sam Fender would be nice! Also Ten Tonnes or Yonaka would be a great addition for me. 

Though still hoping for at least one slightly bigger name as 2nd or 3rd down on main stage. 

• Upvote 1

So INmusic will retweet...

Dear @INmusicfestival it seems @NoelGallagher's High Flying Birds are still free to come to Croatia somewhere between 24th and 26th June, so make it happen!! Thank you

...but won't retweet....

It’s my birthday today @INmusicfestival , announce a good band for me. Thanks. ✌️

...no more good bands to be announced confirmed. 

Anyone knows if they are as good as Sumski, the picture is promising. 

284 fans on fb, less than our favorites. These are the bands we want and the festival needs. 

Long life to EETB. 

Edit: great pic with prsut and malvazija ❤️

FB_IMG_1551263872999.jpg

Edited by alan_ts
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

Anyone knows if they are as good as Sumski, the picture is promising. 

284 fans on fb, less than our favorites. These are the bands we want and the festival needs. 

Long life to EETB. 

Edit: great pic with prsut and malvazija ❤️

FB_IMG_1551263872999.jpg

+ less than 1000 listens on Spotify...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

Hello all! I've almost 99% decided to go to the festival this year. Also planning to visit Croatia a few days before the festival. Can anyone recommend a nice coast town on driving distance from Zagreb?   

I recommend Istria (Rabac, Porec, Rovinij) or Krk Island, I really love it and it is 2hrs driving from Zagreb (Krk city is the most beautiful imo). 

Edited by alan_ts
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ParanoidTourist said:

Hello all! I've almost 99% decided to go to the festival this year. Also planning to visit Croatia a few days before the festival. Can anyone recommend a nice coast town on driving distance from Zagreb?   

I’d do Dalmatia over Istria. Zadar, Split then Island of Hvar. But depends what you want.l (and how much time you have)

Rabac is nice, quite a family friendly place though. Skip Porec, it’s been ruined by tourism. Rovinj is stunning but again a quiet little place.

Zadar and Split are bigger coastal towns with a lot of history. Hvar’s a stunning island frequented by the yachting brigade Some decent bars. 

If you want a heavy party place Pag islands probably your best bet....

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, NomadicMan said:

I’d do Dalmatia over Istria. Zadar, Split then Island of Hvar. But depends what you want.l (and how much time you have)

Rabac is nice, quite a family friendly place though. Skip Porec, it’s been ruined by tourism. Rovinj is stunning but again a quiet little place.

Zadar and Split are bigger coastal towns with a lot of history. Hvar’s a stunning island frequented by the yachting brigade Some decent bars. 

If you want a heavy party place Pag islands probably your best bet....

Thanks? Seems like a lot to choose from. I don't mind the quiet places actually so will check out the towns you suggested.

On 2/23/2019 at 4:21 PM, gregory said:

Just watched some videos from the opening night of the new Muse tour. No fucking way that show/production is coming to INmusic. 

On 2/23/2019 at 5:29 PM, activean said:

They're most likely a festival exclusive.

(Edit: which would explain Werchter's rather underwhelming undercard / shortened Thursday as it seems.)

Edited by nysmaw
  • Upvote 1

On 2/21/2019 at 3:36 PM, activean said:

I counted number of likes on announcements pictures on their FB page,  there is always Croatian + English one. I didn't count event posts because number of people joined in event it is constantly changing.

It gives the perspective of what people want the most and why Suede are headliners here. This year the average attenders age is going to be quite high i think :D 

The Cure 9.4K, Garbage 3.1k, Suede 2.8k, Foals 2.5k, LP 1.5k, The Hives 1.3k, Kurt Vile 1k, Frank Turner 500, Peter, Bjorn &John 370, Sofi Tukker 350, Skindred 250, Zeal & Ardor 106.

On 2/21/2019 at 7:19 PM, activean said:

Just out of curiosity, 2018 numbers to compare:

Nick Cave 8.7K, Alice in Chains 6.1K, QOTSA 4.9K, Interpol 3.5K, David Bryne 3.4K, St. Vincent 2.3K, Portugal. The man 2.1K, The Kills 900...

Hah, this year the numbers are obviously lower except Cure  .. makes me wonder how tickets are going?Or maybe people will like this posts in that incoming 4 months when all the promotion will go out and this is not relevant

Edit: Sorry for all the posts, same as Gregory i still didn't accept Suede as headliners, not even being announced as one ?

Be very careful about comparing these numbers. Facebook algorithms are pretty little bastards and a lot plays into how and to whom the posts are going to show, for instance if you past few posts had low reaction rates, your next posts will not perform as well as they would if your past posts didn't flop, etc.. Paid promotions could mess up with its information value as well. The time element is also important to consider as the festival's fan base (in terms of followers) would have likely grown over the year, thus new posts are more likely to be shown to more people, hence more likes.

All in all, we can conclude that people are a lot more into The Cure than into Kurt Vile, but we can't directly tell whether people were more excited for Nick Cave or The Cure. And it tells us nothing about the ticket sales. But thanks for the numbers anyway!

Some fake hope for a better Monday?

To keep the debate alive.

Any chance one of Sofi Tukker and Frank Turner not being Word stage headliners? Frank was offical announced as one I think, but we are only guessing Sofi? 

Third headliner was a local one last few years, so i'm expecting the same and that is what they meant...

Screenshot_20190303-215319_Facebook.jpg

3 hours ago, activean said:

Some fake hope for a better Monday?

To keep the debate alive.

Any chance one of Sofi Tukker and Frank Turner not being Word stage headliners? Frank was offical announced as one I think, but we are only guessing Sofi? 

Third headliner was a local one last few years, so i'm expecting the same and that is what they meant...

Here's the stages I think they have officially announced (or not announced) acts to be playing on in website order:

• The Cure (Main Stage)
  • Foals (Main Stage)
  • Suede (Main Stage)
  • Garbage (Main Stage)
  • LP (Main Stage)
  • The Hives
  • Kurt Vile & The Violators (Main Stage)
  • Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls
  • Sofi Tukker 
  • Peter Bjorn and John (Hidden Stage)
  • Skindred 
  • Zeal & Ardor (Hidden Stage)

I guess it's possible Skindred could be a Hidden Stage headliner, and Sofi or Frank are 3rd down on Main. I think it's their poor English / deliberation deceptive self, but if they really will "announce headliners of second stage", best case scenario we could be looking at this;

Main  
Foals The Cure Suede
LP Garbage The Hives
Kurt Vile & The Violators Frank Turner  Sofi Tukker

World Music Stage  
TBC TBC TBC

Hidden Stage  
Skindred Zeal & Ardor Peter Bjorn & John

I don't think Frank would play 3rd down again though, especially as he's headlining arenas in the UK right now. Sofi have a 20m viewed song. I'd like to be wrong.

• Upvote 1

So I keep a spreadsheet #nerd of where the bands are playing, days etc, and I thought I had this right, but I've just looked and can't see LP or Garbage down as Main Stage at all now. I don't know if they edited the pages or what but now there is a lot of mention of playing the 'INmusic stage' or 'Jarun stage'.

Could "na jarunsku pozornicu / the Jarun stage" actually be The World Stage re-named as the Jarun Stage? The Hives and LP are down as playing on it.  "LP will take over the Jarun stage" etc. 'The World Stage' hasn't been mentioned once so far this year. Maybe a Croatian can confirm how it reads in native language. 

INmusic detectives assemble.

Yeah that's good shit. Fair play. First European show she's announced too, and first since summer 2016.

So she'll headline of course. First act announced for OTP World, I wonder if there are 2 more headliners to come after all... 

Edited by gregory

8 hours ago, gregory said:
  Main  
Foals The Cure Suede
LP Garbage The Hives
Kurt Vile & The Violators Frank Turner  Sofi Tukker

World Music Stage  
Santigold TBC TBC

Hidden Stage  
Skindred Zeal & Ardor Peter Bjorn & John

It's going to end up pretty fucking strong if this turns out to be correct...

• Upvote 1