INmusic Festival 2019

gregory

What are your thoughts about Suede as third headliner? I mean they are nice but i don't think of them as someone on the same level as Nick Cave or QOTSA or is it me underestimating them? Maybe because they are not that big in our area. 

How strong do you think are they going to be at Bilbao BBK, second stage at Alt-J/David Byrne spot or main stage? 

Otherwise happy with the other names (Garbage, Hives, LP, F.Turner ..)

Do we even bother asking INmusic PR, probably not worth a try ha? ?

10 minutes ago, activean said:

What are your thoughts about Suede as third headliner? I mean they are nice but i don't think of them as someone on the same level as Nick Cave or QOTSA or is it me underestimating them? Maybe because they are not that big in our area. 

How strong do you think are they going to be at Bilbao BBK, second stage at Alt-J/David Byrne spot or main stage? 

Otherwise happy with the other names (Garbage, Hives, LP, F.Turner ..)

Do we even bother asking INmusic PR, probably not worth a try ha? ?

I'm pretty happy with Suede headlining but I liked them since the 90's so I'm probably biased. But, as someone pointed out earlier in the thread, they are not exactly playing stadiums anymore. 

I've actually mailed InMusic PR asking them about the headliner thing. Maybe miracously I'll get at straight answer?

3 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

Got a reply from the organisers via Facebook regarding the Suede-being-headliner-or-not- question: 

-  "Yes, Suede are one of the headliners". 

It's officially begun the season "every artist is an headliner"  ❤️

• Upvote 1

The Cure were simply to expensive this year, big festival wish, and all was booked around them. Other headliners are just reflection of the budget, that was all spent on The Cure. I like the line up and its a decent one, maybe some people will miss the second strong name, but for me its all good.

1 hour ago, Andrej said:

The Cure were simply to expensive this year, big festival wish, and all was booked around them. Other headliners are just reflection of the budget, that was all spent on The Cure. I like the line up and its a decent one, maybe some people will miss the second strong name, but for me its all good.

I'm also happy with the line up so far. Just hope we can get one or two smaller (but known) names that can add spice to the line up.

Perhaps Idles or the Descendants as been mentioned above.  

Edited by ParanoidTourist

4 hours ago, activean said:

Poster from this day exactly one year ago, we had 10 names (now we have 12)

Image may contain: sky, cloud, text, outdoor and water

And full poster, we can expect something similar this year. Image may contain: sky, text, outdoor and water

Interesting comparison. I hope we might get yet another good band as 2nd or 3rd way down on Main stage. There's room for that I hope

Edit: mailed them again and asked about more bands. They answered that "yes there will be more international acts". Not much but it gives me a little hope:)

Edited by ParanoidTourist

36 minutes ago, gregory said:

Last year had 6 'headliner' sized acts (in big font), this year we've barely got 3. Byrne and St Vincent are more qualified headliners than Suede in 2019.

Take away LP, Kurt Vile & Sofi Tukker and this line up would already look pretty dated in 2009...

True but you know as well as me there isn’t much more to come.

I counted number of likes on announcements pictures on their FB page,  there is always Croatian + English one. I didn't count event posts because number of people joined in event it is constantly changing.

It gives the perspective of what people want the most and why Suede are headliners here. This year the average attenders age is going to be quite high i think :D 

The Cure 9.4K, Garbage 3.1k, Suede 2.8k, Foals 2.5k, LP 1.5k, The Hives 1.3k, Kurt Vile 1k, Frank Turner 500, Peter, Bjorn &John 370, Sofi Tukker 350, Skindred 250, Zeal & Ardor 106.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, activean said:

2019:

The Cure 9.4K, Garbage 3.1k, Suede 2.8k, Foals 2.5k, LP 1.5k, The Hives 1.3k, Kurt Vile 1k, Frank Turner 500, Peter, Bjorn &John 370, Sofi Tukker 350, Skindred 250, Zeal & Ardor 106.

Just out of curiosity, 2018 numbers to compare:

Nick Cave 8.7K, Alice in Chains 6.1K, QOTSA 4.9K, Interpol 3.5K, David Bryne 3.4K, St. Vincent 2.3K, Portugal. The man 2.1K, The Kills 900...

Hah, this year the numbers are obviously lower except Cure  .. makes me wonder how tickets are going?Or maybe people will like this posts in that incoming 4 months when all the promotion will go out and this is not relevant

Edit: Sorry for all the posts, same as Gregory i still didn't accept Suede as headliners, not even being announced as one ?

Edited by activean
  • Upvote 1