INmusic Festival 2019

gregory

Originally i was sure it was The Cure and Muse this year. But then since The Cure started a pretty massive hype here, and tickets were selling great, i kind of thought why would they spend all that money on Muse, if they dont need to. But who knows, that tour gap on InMusic dates really is interesting.

2 hours ago, everest said:

So I have interesting information. My "source" tells me that Muse was never closer to Inmusic... but he doubts because tour is already announced. 

But he probably didnt see tour gap. We need to wait. Muse has to be 3rd headliner. 

What do you mean by this @everest, I'm a little confused. "Muse was never closer to Inmusic" = they are really close to playing/being confirmed? or the opposite? 

4 minutes ago, NomadicMan said:

Good so we are in agreement. Muse playing on the 24th....Cure on the 25th and foals on the 26th

Gregory, I’ll apologise for your crushing disappointment when they announce some mid sized Indy band in a few weeks ;)

I think Foals will be on 24 (they have a UK show on 26), Muse would prob be 25 based on their schedule. And then The Cure to close on 26?

1 minute ago, eivomracsy said:

i love how you guys get that much hope out of some days off in their shedule. 

but seriously, is there any other reason why they should play their only festivalshow apart from werchter at inmusic? 

none at all, apart from them not playing in Croatia since 2007. it's very unlikely IMO

20 minutes ago, eivomracsy said:

i love how you guys get that much hope out of some days off in their shedule. 

but seriously, is there any other reason why they should play their only festivalshow apart from werchter at inmusic? 

I also swear I remember inmusic saying last year somewhere they will have muse one day....so you have the tour gap AND this anecdotal evidence about something that may well not have happened....gotta be them ?....

Otherwise i agree with you all that it all fits, but i'm having a hard time believing a medium size festival with 60€ ticket would book them beside Werchter. @everest try to get more information from your source guy.

Hands down it they can do Muse and Cure with this budget, that would be best buy price and instant sell out. 

Two door cinema club sounds way more realistic :))  

7 minutes ago, NomadicMan said:

Sounds possible yes. 15th March is exactly 6 weeks before the European tour starts....believe my friends it’s happening..

You miscalculated, 6 weeks later is 26.4, tour is starting 26.5 ?

btw, new teaser for the tour just published :):

Edited by activean
  • Upvote 1

woke up to read all these posts, you guys are crazy ?

but @everest's math adds up to me, and tickets have been 500kuna since the Cure were announced so I guess the majority of tickets were sold at that price, which comes closer to €2million (plus camping, beer, sponsorship etc.). I agree Frank Turner, Foals, LP, Kurt Vile and even Garbage are not expensive compared to Byrne, St Vincent, AIC etc.  Foals easily could have got 50k to headline this (he says knowing almost nothing about the business). 

13 minutes ago, Andrej said:

I just dont know where from are you getting this 30,000 tickets thing. I dont think capacity of this festival is over 20,000. I've been there a few times and there have never been anywhere near these 30k numbers. 

100,000 people over the 3 days in 2017 according to here , but I agree, feels like a lot less

Edited by gregory

Plenty of articles from 2017 (and 2018 with Nick Cave) reporting about KOL breaking attendance record with 30+k daily visitors. Agree with that it feel less, probably because some folks are there just for headliner show, so before 11pm there actually are less people?

https://www.nacional.hr/inmusic-festival-kings-of-leon-pred-vise-od-30-000-ljudi-na-jarunu/

Nah, these are all press releases from promoter, its always some stupid numbers, people here in the region tend to lie a lot, cause of sponsorship, image etc. Exit always puts out fabricated numbers, Ultra Croatia also. I think i once saw that Ultra Croatia claims to have 200,000 people there, and then in the next sentence they say the capacity is 35,000 per day and the festival is 3 days :)