INmusic Festival 2019

gregory

1 hour ago, gregory said:

Do you think INmusic would do something brave and let Janelle Monae headline?

Elbow are in Germany the Thursday of INmusic week, they very well could take a top slot. The Good, The Bad and The Queen could take a sub slot if they're not already filled by Kurt, Garbage & LP. Khruangbin could be an interesting World Stage headliner, as could Charlotte G.

Hope not. Wouldn’t want Elbow either. We badly need some rock acts....muse will do fine.

Seriously, what's going on there? This poster got me confused! All that names announced so quickly could mean more and stronger under cards this year, but on the other side, the lineup is maybe almost filled ? ... Also looks like they moving a bit away from (hard) rock to a bit more pop and commercial stuff.

About poster

- Sofi Tukker is very high, so probably headlining the Word stage? But on the webpage is after Frank Turner.. that kind of staff would fit nice in Hidden stage tent, like Superorganism last year, it does feel good to have something different after many hours of rock before that (and after couples of beers)

- Garbage are not headliners imo, and they were placed there just temporary, but after that third headliner saga last year...you never know.

- Same applies to Kurt Vile, he maybe really is second down .. 

Worst scenario:

We have all headliners and LP + Kurt second down and two artists headlining word stage so we can only expect 1 strong artist second down at main + local Word stage headliner and maybe something decent third down . 

Best scenario:

One more headliner to come, One more second down and even a Word stage headliner. Sofi is at Hidden stage or some other stage before, Kurt is together with Skindred playing third down at main stage, plus some fine names added at other slots .. that would be an improvement.. 

• Upvote 1

Sofi Tukker play Exit festival too and they're in the same line as Tarja from Nightwish and The Selecter, there's no way they'll play high here. I think the person who makes the poster is not the same one who manages the site and that facebook person fucked it up cause he/she saw the order there before they changed it

21 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Sofi Tukker play Exit festival too and they're in the same line as Tarja from Nightwish and The Selecter, there's no way they'll play high here. I think the person who makes the poster is not the same one who manages the site and that facebook person fucked it up cause he/she saw the order there before they changed it

Hmm, possible. 

Also, some of the names are really long and they have to fit those names somehow in a form that looks proportional, Frank occupy the whole line itself. 

1 hour ago, Nicklord said:

You can’t read anything from Exit line up. First name ahead of her is Phil Anselmo. If she’s on the main stage she’ll be third. Outside chance she headlines the hidden stage but more likely headlines the world stage as I thinks she’s too big to go on that stage second. You gotta remember repetitor/slaves headlined that stage two years ago and she’s bigger than both.

Her most popular songs have 60 million listens on Spotify, I think she’s better know than people here think. She had a very prominent spot at sziget last year.

7 minutes ago, NomadicMan said:

It’s a tiny festival and when you blow all the money on The Cure and Muse there’s nothing left over for things like other bands and poster designers innit ?

Soffffi Tulker is expensive tho :D 

Joking aside. They could literally give some random student from any designer highschool to make the poster and it would look better. 

More random thoughts. I think they're gambling way too much with this. They expect from The Cure alone to sell 20k 3 day tickets while costing 70€ where The Cure day at Exit costs 30€. I mean, not every Croat will go to Novi Sad but people see that and attack them on facebook regularly and it kinda ruins their not that nice PR reputation with locals

I agree this year it's a disaster comparing to past years , anyway this was the poster in 2017 before  KOL were announced...we don't have to be so pessimistic (maybe)

Anyway 2017 was their strongest edition even without KOL imo.

IMG_1806.PNG

Edited by alan_ts

5 hours ago, Nicklord said:

More random thoughts. I think they're gambling way too much with this. They expect from The Cure alone to sell 20k 3 day tickets while costing 70€ where The Cure day at Exit costs 30€. I mean, not every Croat will go to Novi Sad but people see that and attack them on facebook regularly and it kinda ruins their not that nice PR reputation with locals

This conversation here worries me: 
https://www.facebook.com/events/1493309164107899/permalink/1766244726814340/

Maybe my translation's off, but it seems like they're saying 'The Cure are cheap for €70, plus you get some other shit, so suck it!'. Which isn't great if you're not a fan of the Cure is it.

And like you said, The Cure aren't actually that expensive this year it seems, they're just acting like there are due to their legendary status. Exit was about €90 for 4 days inc. camping before xmas and will have 50+ more international acts than INmusic by summer.

Anyway, "everyone has their headliner..."

Edited by gregory