INmusic Festival 2019

gregory

21 hours ago, alan_ts said:

It's like the Chinese water torture: a single name at time but you don't know when. 

Last year they announced some names every Friday at 11am but no headliners. 

This year there is not a scheme so basically it is totally unpredictable. 

Yep, this year is all over the place.

The Cure: Friday 30th Nov
Foals: Friday 7th Dec
LP: Wednesday 12th Dec
Kurt Vile: Tuesday 18th Dec
Frank Turner: Friday 21st Dec
PB&J: Monday 24th Dec

3 hours ago, activean said:

Ticket price is staying the same till 15.3. 

Hmmm. I'd say this is bad news if anything, means no massive acts will be announced before then, or after probably (as mid-March is pretty close to the festival). RIP Muse. 

That being said, last year tickets went up (from €53 to €60) on March 31st, final raise was May 16th (to €67)

I think around 75€ + fees after 1st March could be the already the final price.

Basically all notable artist are going to be announced for the same price, i doubt there is going to be anything after that date, except some smaller names and daily tickets in May, for around 60€. 

I think we could get 2 pretty strong names plus some solid under cards, but no huge massive act Like Muse ( Officially gave up and bought a ticket for Milano solo show ?). 

Maybe tomorrow a new name? 

Edit: Flogging molly were announced 1.3. in 2017 and some decent stuff like Danko Jones, Superorganism .. even later, but usually till march headliners were all announced. 

Edited by activean

In 2016 they didn’t announce KoL together with a big price hike till February. I wouldn’t read too much into it, I don’t think there is a great deal of consistency when it comes to the management at inmusic.

for those of you wanting to keep the hope of Muse alive here’s a theory....tickets at Graz, Milan and Budapest not selling as quickly as they’d hoped so they block the Inmusic announcement till March to give max chance for people like Activean to decide to give up hope and buy tickets for the solo tour ?

Edited by NomadicMan
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, NomadicMan said:

for those of you wanting to keep the hope of Muse alive here’s a theory....tickets at Graz, Milan and Budapest not selling as quickly as they’d hoped so they block the Inmusic announcement till March to give max chance for people like Activean to decide to give up hope and buy tickets for the solo tour ?

party GIF

• Upvote 1

Just now, gregory said:

Come on Alan, you'll never win ;)

Anyway, I think some people will not be happy (me), but this is their first Euro show so cool INmusic got them I guess.

Now the big question, where will they play?

I know, I quit posting news :(

Third down on main stage imo. 

16 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

Cruilla Festival in Barcelona announced Gargabe some weeks ago...

Yes you're right, they have a few shows announced.

Anyway, they are playing INmusic on Tuesday, confirmed on their website. That's the first confirmed day for an act we know. I guess they will be second down.

If Kurt is also second down then good for him, but hopefully they bring another act of Garbage's size (like Byrne, St V, AIC last year), with him 3rd down like @activean thinks. Is LP the same size as Garbage? She opened the 3rd stage at Mad Cool last year..

Edited by gregory

33 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

Are they the same day? 

No, just a guess. 

But Garbage are obviously bigger and with the bar set on the same level it makes sense Kurt is 3rd down. IMO he is more on Danko Jones or Frank Carter level (or am i underestimating him?)

LP is somewhere in between but 2nd down is my guess, let's not get to optimistic again. 

4 minutes ago, activean said:

No, just a guess. 

But Garbage are obviously bigger and with the bar set on the same level it makes sense Kurt is 3rd down. IMO he is more on Danko Jones or Frank Carter level (or am i underestimating him?)

LP is somewhere in between but 2nd down is my guess, let's not get to optimistic again. 

Garbage are a '00 band, I don't know if they are bigger than Lp now for example. 

But who knows, InMusic is unpredictable :)

26 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

Garbage is way bigger but LP has  3.5mil monthly listeners in Spotify while Garbage has 1.5 mil. They also posted Garbage on the first row with the Cure and Foals.

https://www.inmusicfestival.com/en/program/2019

They always put the new act first to begin with, and change it later. We will learn a lot when they update it, if they're below LP I'll be shocked.

At that Spanish festival they're 5th though;

image.png.0a4c6104643dd6ad3dc6baf7705a54d0.png