INmusic Festival 2019

gregory

4 minutes ago, Andrej said:

Uff, so i guess all the money has been spent on The Cure. Foals are a decent live band, pretty big in UK I guess, but here in the region they can not sell a 1,000 cap club on their own.

I don't even think The Cure are that expensive next summer tbh judging from where they're playing. But their status alone is enough for INmusic to scrimp and save

41 minutes ago, gregory said:

All 3 days had co-headliners this year, and no big headliners lol 

Foals are 22nd on this poster, below Alice In Chains. What's the fanbase like in Croatia?

large_64e405a702dab22a871d05938f0a3368.jpg

p.s we are not getting Muse lol

Nick Cave is a big name in Croatia. He's massive here in ex Yu. I'd say he's just bellow The Cure and that's only cause he played a few times and they didn't 

Also Foals are a small headliner no matter who the other 2 are

Whether the weakest headliner or strong(est) artist before last band on main stage. i Was expecting Skunk Anansie when i get the notification. 

You never know at Inmusic but there are some reasons why Foals could be co-headlining on same spot as Alice in chains last year, so not on headliner position.

- They didn't headline even in 2014, why would they now?

- Announcement just one week after The Cure, no press conference or any mention of new headliner announcement before today. 

- They avoid using the word "headliner" on all FB posts, they only put it on website but

- They had 7 headliners last year and everyone is headliner for someone (?)if you ask them so not confirmed as top 3 act.

What are the chances, what do you think? :)

Some headliners comparison from 17-19, to get a perspective on what to expect

2017                 2018             2019

1. Arcade Fire      - QOTSA           - TBA
  2. Kings of Leon  - Nick cave      - The Cure
  3. Kasabian          - Interpol          - Foals

Just now, gregory said:

God, nothing on there I'd want to see. How are BMTH in big font on every poster this year? 

They wouldn't dare bring Limp Bizkit would they? Last year was super respectable indie/rock all around (minus AIC) so...

The Prodigy fit well the third headline spot imo...

Haha Everest you are going to be mad, FF are coming back! ?Morcheeba seems possible to comeback (Inmusic 2010), Prodigy are ruled out for next decade, i read interview this summer and festival director pointed out Prodigy as the worst experience they had. 

INmusic is indie rock festival, with the majority of home and UK visitors and program is suited to this markets mostly. Foals were headlining Reading/Leeds and they probably aren't so expensive so logic move to book them.

Kraftwerk are free and very near that time, Tame impala, The national, Bon Iver, Mogwai ..