Franz Liszt

Northern Soul

Franz who? 

Nope, not a new band. Hungarian chap a couple of hundred years was old. 

Ladies and gentlemen, please forgive me, not glastonbury related though I wish it was, for the composer is long dead... Should Valentina Lisitsa appear on a stage at Glasto somewhere playing this piece of music? I hope so.

A piece of background. It’s a classical piece. A piano piece. Written over 200 years ago. Listen to it all by all means but if you’re pressed for time just go from 6 minuets in (I’m sure, with the majority of people on here being music lovers you’ll, well, most of you, be familiar with the piece) 

Having being able to play literally 1 or 2 pieces of classical music parrot fashion on piano I heard and seen this on YouTube and was completely blown away, if you watch it you’ll see why. On watching it and listening to it I thought to myself how difficult is that to play? It seems impossible (watch the hand speed, again, roughly from 6 minutes in) 

Having researched the piece. The Hungarian Rapsody No2 by Franz Lizst. His piano works are only really attempted by students studying music at a doctoral level and even then many students don’t even bother due to the complexity of his works. British/UK piano grades are 1-8, this piece is however rated “far more complex” than grade 8 to even contemplate playing at a level worthy or listening to. 

Sorry for boring you with all this it’s just gone 3 in the morning and I’ve had a few beers and I really like this, it just seems neigh on impossible but this lady does it with aplomb.

Anyway, here it is.....https://youtu.be/LdH1hSWGFGU

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Northern Soul said:

Franz who? 

Nope, not a new band. Hungarian chap a couple of hundred years was old. 

Ladies and gentlemen, please forgive me, not glastonbury related though I wish it was, for the composer is long dead... Should Valentina Lisitsa appear on a stage at Glasto somewhere playing this piece of music? I hope so.

A piece of background. It’s a classical piece. A piano piece. Written over 200 years ago. Listen to it all by all means but if you’re pressed for time just go from 6 minuets in (I’m sure, with the majority of people on here being music lovers you’ll, well, most of you, be familiar with the piece) 

Having being able to play literally 1 or 2 pieces of classical music parrot fashion on piano I heard and seen this on YouTube and was completely blown away, if you watch it you’ll see why. On watching it and listening to it I thought to myself how difficult is that to play? It seems impossible (watch the hand speed, again, roughly from 6 minutes in) 

Having researched the piece. The Hungarian Rapsody No2 by Franz Lizst. His piano works are only really attempted by students studying music at a doctoral level and even then many students don’t even bother due to the complexity of his works. British/UK piano grades are 1-8, this piece is however rated “far more complex” than grade 8 to even contemplate playing at a level worthy or listening to. 

Sorry for boring you with all this it’s just gone 3 in the morning and I’ve had a few beers and I really like this, it just seems neigh on impossible but this lady does it with aplomb.

Anyway, here it is.....https://youtu.be/LdH1hSWGFGU

I've just copied that, and am going to listen to it in full later, with my wife. I must admit that I did have a tiny sneak preview at after 6 minutes in, and can confirm that her dexterity is indeed insane. I'm looking forward to listening / watching the whole thing now. Thanks for posting. :)

So I started listening (Lizstening?) and immediately thought of a few snarky jokes (CGI hands, not as good as Aladdin Sane etc).

But holy shit! That's amazing. Thank you for sharing.

Its not what I go to Glastonbury for so if she was there I'd be elsewhere but you should thank me because the tosser who always stands next to me talking in a loud voice about house prices, Provence or Phil fucking Collins we be with me at a guitar-fest and you might be able to watch uninterrupted.

Best,

Waap