Jump to content
Gnomicide

Bearded Theory 2019

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, tjamest said:

Not ringing any bells, but will give them a listen when i get home. Thanks

I think some have been used on adverts so you'd probably recognise them from that if nothing else. I think Lil' Devil was the last Easyjet advert!

Give Pure Cult a listen, it's the singles from 84 to 95 and matches a good chunk of their setlist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the last full set setlist I can find, it probably won't differ much to this unless they bring out a new album and swap some of the less well known stuff out. As long as they keep King Contrary Man, I'll be a happy bunny:

Wild Flower
Rain
Dark Energy
Lil' Devil
Peace Dog
Rise
Nirvana
Birds of Paradise
Deeply Ordered Chaos
The Phoenix
Sweet Soul Sister
She Sells Sanctuary
Fire Woman

Encore:

King Contrary Man
G O A T
Love Removal Machine

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a fan of this topic dropping to page 2. More news this week....

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2019 at 12:10 PM, Gnomicide said:

Not a fan of this topic dropping to page 2. More news this week....

 

 

ha ha - I've seen this so far down as said to myself, i cant have that, i'll have to talk rubbish and get it moved

Hopefully more news tomorrow then

What big acts are left to announce? 2 subs is it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Perks said:

ha ha - I've seen this so far down as said to myself, i cant have that, i'll have to talk rubbish and get it moved

Hopefully more news tomorrow then

What big acts are left to announce? 2 subs is it?

3 Pallet I think, including the 2 on before The Cult and a couple of Woodland to go.

Maui Waui coming too? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Maui Waui coming too? 

Hope so, like it in there me, mad place

The Cult is such a good announcement - ace that will be

To be fair, i'd be going to this even if I didn't like the line up - its part of my year now, I don't need to see a Line up before I buy tickets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Perks said:

Hope so, like it in there me, mad place

The Cult is such a good announcement - ace that will be

To be fair, i'd be going to this even if I didn't like the line up - its part of my year now, I don't need to see a Line up before I buy tickets

Yep, it's hit the Glastonbury stage, get tickets without caring who's on, preferably early bird to save a little dosh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sparkythetortoise said:

So if that announcement was Sunday, is that next week,as in the week that is very nearly finished, or next week as in the week which is due to start in a couple of days?

 

 

I have asked them :mellow:

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dreadzone added to Pallet on Sunday

Skids to Woodland (possibly subbing SLF)

Faithless DJ Set also in Woodland........ I wonder if this is on Thursday.

Maui Waui also announced with Henge, Electric Swing Circus and others.

https://twitter.com/beardedtheory/status/1091411736131969024

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Dreadzone added to Pallet on Sunday

Skids to Woodland (possibly subbing SLF)

Faithless DJ Set also in Woodland........ I wonder if this is on Thursday.

Maui Waui also announced with Henge, Electric Swing Circus and others.

https://twitter.com/beardedtheory/status/1091411736131969024

I think they said no acts on the Thurs to cut down on the travel chaos and just have the bars open

But then again something Thursday evening would be nice to dance to .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stuff is happening on the Thursday, just not much and not being advertised etc.... look out for the chalkboards.

And wont be till after gates are closed :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ivan said:

I think they said no acts on the Thurs to cut down on the travel chaos and just have the bars open

But then again something Thursday evening would be nice to dance to .

 

 

7 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Stuff is happening on the Thursday, just not much and not being advertised etc.... look out for the chalkboards.

And wont be till after gates are closed :)

Yep, chalkboards................ what time do the gates close?

I know Beans on Toast is Thursday and we had info on this thread a while ago that Faithless were headlining the  Woodland. Combine that info with the total lack of any spots they might play Friday, Saturday or Sunday and I added 2 and 2.

It would be  a superb Thursday night if correct.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't see Faithless (dj set) being Thursday as they're supposedly keeping in low key which sort of fits in with Beans On Toast doing it.

But this opinion is probably driven by my hatred of them and I can easily avoid them on other days :D I selfishly want Thursday to be all stuff I can at least watch.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was hoping for nothing I was particularly interested in on the Thursday as was going to have a good drink then and take it easy for the rest of the festival and actually remember some of the acts. The past 3 or 4 years too many acts have passed me by through over-indulging. However love Beans so that plan might go out of the window.

Edited by stutheblue
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably 3 daft monkeys Thurs as they are there every year and can't see them anywhere on the list. Just signed up to steward again - 6th year running...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pinhead said:

Probably 3 daft monkeys Thurs as they are there every year and can't see them anywhere on the list. Just signed up to steward again - 6th year running...

I read they wanted a break this year so won't be there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something new, The Alpaca Soundsystem lounge

https://www.facebook.com/events/793599344334576/

""

Check how we jammin' and ting...

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. We're having a party and we'd like you to come. Yes, Bearded Theory have asked us to come back this year. We are bringing the Alpaca. We are bringing some DJs. And we are bringing some tunes. Just for you. Yes you. Even you at the back.

This year, we're getting our own dedicated space. The Alpaca Soundsystem lounge. Plenty of space for dancing. Plenty of space for lounging.

So come and see us. Have a dance. Have a lounge. Do both.

More details on DJs and what not to follow.

So come on. Lively up yourself.""

Edited by Nobody Interesting
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2019 at 8:48 AM, Nobody Interesting said:

Something new, The Alpaca Soundsystem lounge

https://www.facebook.com/events/793599344334576/

""

Check how we jammin' and ting...

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. We're having a party and we'd like you to come. Yes, Bearded Theory have asked us to come back this year. We are bringing the Alpaca. We are bringing some DJs. And we are bringing some tunes. Just for you. Yes you. Even you at the back.

This year, we're getting our own dedicated space. The Alpaca Soundsystem lounge. Plenty of space for dancing. Plenty of space for lounging.

So come and see us. Have a dance. Have a lounge. Do both.

More details on DJs and what not to follow.

So come on. Lively up yourself.""

Sounds cool - not on lamebook, so cant read anymore, but the name is cool - wonder what music they play? 90's grunge would be nice :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was there last year but I think just in the corner of one of the bars?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another announcement a week Monday according to twater! Assuming that this will be Saturday's sub-headliners...

Also, it looks like Dr and The Medics are one of the 'secret' Thursday bands!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   1 member



×
×
  • Create New...