Bearded Theory 2019

Gnomicide

38 minutes ago, Perks said:

1 day down, 2 to go. Got all me stuff together tonight, shit is getting real!

Yeah I've got a couple of busy days at work.  Almost everything is now put together though not packed yet.  Last few things to find (some of them like purse and phone have to be last minute).  Can't wait!  And can't stop thinking of the food!  

Not long now.

Found all the festival stuff (post house move) so happy days. All drink sorted, light stuff already in car just the clothes, tent and drinks to add and we are good to go ?

We all need to look after @Gnomicide if Glastonbury drops their full line up as he will have to be in The Thingy duties whilst enjoying Thee Oh Sees - I'd buy him a drink if I knew what he looked like ha ha.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The_Amazing_Oblong said:

My last day at work today. I've got a couple of meetings this morning and then I'm about done. Must resist festival booze..

Ha, good luck, i'm finding it hard to resist and i'm at work

Very excited, last day in the office today, work from home tomorrow, then im done - let the good times roll

46 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Not long now.

Found all the festival stuff (post house move) so happy days. All drink sorted, light stuff already in car just the clothes, tent and drinks to add and we are good to go ?

We all need to look after @Gnomicide if Glastonbury drops their full line up as he will have to be in The Thingy duties whilst enjoying Thee Oh Sees - I'd buy him a drink if I knew what he looked like ha ha.

:D

I bumped into Scottie at Bearded once when he was still doing eFests stuff. He wasn't happy because Silver Hayes (I think) lineup had just come out and he had to add all the acts to the lineup page.

6 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

:D

I bumped into Scottie at Bearded once when he was still doing eFests stuff. He wasn't happy because Silver Hayes (I think) lineup had just come out and he had to add all the acts to the lineup page.

I was probably stood in the same area as I was next to him when it dropped ha ha

• Upvote 1

On 5/19/2019 at 2:04 PM, Mr_Grump said:

After attending Glastonbury, Kendal Calling, Leeds Festival, Hardwick Live, Wickerman, Electric Fields and Bingley Music Live between us, me & a mate (Lochland5) have decided to give BT a try this year.

What's the vibe like compared to the above (with the exception of Glastonbury as, just like Sinead O'Connor said, nothing can compare)?

In addition, what at the bar prices like? Some festivals take the proverbial as punters can't take their own stuff into the arena...is it the same at BT?

Hi Mr_Grump... Are you still going to Kendal this year? Nice to hear you're coming to Bearded... I'm guessing @LOCHLAND5 couldn't wait a few more months to see the Hotpots :wub:

You'll love This festival mate, It's small and perfectly formed. Wonderfully organised, punters are all lovely, great acts, fab ales and ciders, It's just got a really lovely feel! I'm still going to Kendal but would happily drop it if I had to chose between the two. See you there... And I don't have to smuggle the cherry bakewell ;)

4 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Yippee.
We have Cherry Bakewell, and other concoctions chilling in the fridge ready for the off.

I'll also bring Coconut and vanilla rum and Rhubarb, Pink grapefruit and black pepper gin. Where are we meeting on Thursday 17:30?? I'd recommend woodlands bar area, near the sound desk? If it's open.

Edited by Curlygirl

Just now, Nobody Interesting said:

Yippee.
We have Cherry Bakewell, and other concoctions chilling in the fridge ready for the off.

I've made some interesting amoretto and 'something special' cookies....i say cookies, its more like mush - cookie dough mush. Got some pineapple and vanilla tequila infusing still too.

How long you had your concoctions infusing? @Nobody Interesting

1 minute ago, Paul ™ said:

Ok so this photo is of the main bar, there are 2 smaller canopy's and one larger canopy outside.

I suggest we meet on the right hand side one as we look at the tent as per the red arrow.

20190521_133605.jpg

Red arrow - I thought it was some strange red genitalia :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Coconut and vanilla rum and Rhubarb, Pink grapefruit and black pepper gin. Where are we meeting on Thursday 17:30?? I'd recommend woodlands bar area, near the sound desk? If it's open.

wow, rhubarb, pink grapefruit and black pepper gin, that sounds amazing

2 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Coconut and vanilla rum and Rhubarb, Pink grapefruit and black pepper gin. Where are we meeting on Thursday 17:30?? I'd recommend woodlands bar area, near the sound desk? If it's open.

Paul has just posted meet place - would be lovely to catch up with you and I am in a far better head space than a year ago to...... hurrah.

We also have vodkas - Raspberyy, Raspberry and Ginger, Raspberry Lime and Mint - and moe to be made for GF too

1 minute ago, Perks said:

I've made some interesting amoretto and 'something special' cookies....i say cookies, its more like mush - cookie dough mush. Got some pineapple and vanilla tequila infusing still too.

How long you had your concoctions infusing? @Nobody Interesting

Started the first lot before Xmas and have been adding bit by bit since. Average 3 weeks infusing.

I'll try and make it along to any meet up but I said that last time and failed. I won't have seen most of the people we meet up with since the last Bearded (seen as there's been no Glastonbury) so It's kind of difficult to drag your self away.

If it's in The Woodlands, that will be better, probably heading there anyway, presuming that's where Beans will be? 

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I'll try and make it along to any meet up but I said that last time and failed. I won't have seen most of the people we meet up with since the last Bearded (seen as there's been no Glastonbury) so It's kind of difficult to drag your self away.

If it's in The Woodlands, that will be better, probably heading there anyway, presuming that's where Beans will be? 

giphy.gif

There's an efest meet??? ooohhhh :yes:

Can anyone tell me if those lovely people at Cheesy Vinyl place do food to go? As adore halloumi fries but don't want to do sit down just for a snack? Do they still do cheese doorstep sandwiches too?

6 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

There's an efest meet??? ooohhhh :yes:

Can anyone tell me if those lovely people at Cheesy Vinyl place do food to go? As adore halloumi fries but don't want to do sit down just for a snack? Do they still do cheese doorstep sandwiches too?

Yes they do takeway.