Bearded Theory 2019

Gnomicide

Thursday acts will be in the programme. 

Can't guarantee I'll have interweb on Thursday once the masses arrive, or be sober enough to remember! 

Not sure when the arena area will open but it will be before any acts are on stages of course :)

8 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Thursday acts will be in the programme. 

Can't guarantee I'll have interweb on Thursday once the masses arrive, or be sober enough to remember! 

Not sure when the arena area will open but it will be before any acts are on stages of course :)

Will the food stall in the camp site be open before the arena?

After attending Glastonbury, Kendal Calling, Leeds Festival, Hardwick Live, Wickerman, Electric Fields and Bingley Music Live between us, me & a mate (Lochland5) have decided to give BT a try this year.

What's the vibe like compared to the above (with the exception of Glastonbury as, just like Sinead O'Connor said, nothing can compare)?

In addition, what at the bar prices like? Some festivals take the proverbial as punters can't take their own stuff into the arena...is it the same at BT?

Atmosphere - Very relaxed and family friendly. Less 18-30 year olds than you get at most festivals around but aside from that a fairly even spread of age ranges. Nobody getting worryingly out of control.

Bar prices - The main bars look a lot like this:

57194589_2283485221731094_93576202247628

The woodland bar has it's own menu.

13 minutes ago, incident said:

Bar prices - The main bars look a lot like this:

57194589_2283485221731094_93576202247628

The woodland bar has it's own menu.

£4 a pint aint too bad at all...I've seen a lot worse (including £5 for a pint of pi$$ in the O2 Academy in Leeds!)...do you happen to know if they've entered the 'contactless' age at the bars?

1 hour ago, Paul ™ said:

Bars and a lot of food trader stands will be taking card this year.

Also you can take your own booze (no glass) into the arena areas

Will there be a bloke with a disco ball necklace and a woman who doesn't stop smiling walking through the crowd selling vodka jelies? 

On 5/18/2019 at 10:43 AM, Perks said:

Are you to drink now? ?

Weve prob all met each other, the amount of random people I talk to there who are lovely, must be you guys, but yeah I'm up for a meet, Thursday is prob best for me, I'll be milling around Acko's bar anyway  

Subject to shifts with Oxfam i’d Be up for a few sherbets with you lovely people. What you all think sometime Thursday?

4 hours ago, Mr_Grump said:

After attending Glastonbury, Kendal Calling, Leeds Festival, Hardwick Live, Wickerman, Electric Fields and Bingley Music Live between us, me & a mate (Lochland5) have decided to give BT a try this year.

What's the vibe like compared to the above (with the exception of Glastonbury as, just like Sinead O'Connor said, nothing can compare)?

In addition, what at the bar prices like? Some festivals take the proverbial as punters can't take their own stuff into the arena...is it the same at BT?

You’ve forgot to add T in the park there as well tut tut ! 

Any how looking forward to this gonna make sure I see Cult and The orb and the rest I will just go with the flow with Micks recommendations, bought a new tent today nice three man dome , again mick recommended it and said it’s dead easy to pitch so I will hold his beer while he shows me ?

Beer prices seem great what’s the point in sipping warm beer when your paying pub prices seems reasonable to me . 

Cant believe the hotpots are playing! You kept that 1 quite mick ! Total garbage !

whats the crack with getting in and out is the traffic bad ? 

6 hours ago, Mr_Grump said:

You can take your own beer in too - I tend to buy most of my beers from the beer tent because as you say it's a lot nicer.  But sometimes it's nice to be able to crack open a can without trudging to the beer tent - in the middle of a set or something similar.  It's a small site so no problem nipping back to the tent/van/car for more either.

Edited by Beerqueen

6 hours ago, chuckles07 said:

Subject to shifts with Oxfam i’d Be up for a few sherbets with you lovely people. What you all think sometime Thursday?

Think the bars are open in the afternoon, music will be on in the evening... what time you suggest?

8 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Think the bars are open in the afternoon, music will be on in the evening... what time you suggest?

Tea time - 5.30 ish? Will people be in and set up by then

1 hour ago, Losing my hair said:

I'll be there if I'm not on shift, whereabouts?

I haven’t been to BT before so am not much use am afraid. Any of the regulars got a suggestion?

3 hours ago, chuckles07 said:

I haven’t been to BT before so am not much use am afraid. Any of the regulars got a suggestion?

I'll get a pic of a good spot at the bar later and post it :)

Around 5-5:30 then on the Thu afternoon sounds good. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Paul ™ said:

I'll get a pic of a good spot at the bar later and post it :)

Around 5-5:30 then on the Thu afternoon sounds good. 

We also need something obvious for the people like me who wander around oblivious to most things around them.

I can't even wear my cucumber hat as it is almost dead and needs to be saved for Glastonbury