Bearded Theory 2019

Gnomicide

I am getting giddy for it , I just need to stop listening to The Oh Sees ( i will be down the front for them ) and check out some of the other acts.

Radio 6 were playing TransGlobal Underground last night which was good !

Looking forward to going to Bearded for my 2nd year :) 

Here's hoping the weather stays dry (although I didn't think last year was too bad apart from that electric storm that scared the hell out of me!!)

I've even gone through the beer list and added tasting notes so know what to ask for/might like (as not a massive beer drinker but like to try stuff)

27 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Looking forward to going to Bearded for my 2nd year :) 

Here's hoping the weather stays dry (although I didn't think last year was too bad apart from that electric storm that scared the hell out of me!!)

I've even gone through the beer list and added tasting notes so know what to ask for/might like (as not a massive beer drinker but like to try stuff)

I was in the CV field and after a few late nights since Weds  slept through it. 

However for friends in the field there where differing outcomes. 

One got male got scared so went and camped in the car , one was really scared but did not dare leave her tent so had to ride it out.  One had dropped one  so could not give a F**K about the storm and sort of  revelled in it and then fell into the tent and ripped it and one was pretty narked and wet as said partner would not shut up all night and they spent hours getting damp   in ripped tent. Others were pleased that the storm was loud enough to drown out a mates snoring !

5 hours ago, generationgav said:

Site looking grand!

Anybody with inside info (Paul - looking at you) can give us a hint what time SPUNGE are on Friday. I know it's going to be around 1pm, but would be handy to know.

Sorry can't help with that, not seen the listings but looking at position then I'd guess around then too 

7 hours ago, ivan said:

I was in the CV field and after a few late nights since Weds  slept through it. 

However for friends in the field there where differing outcomes. 

One got male got scared so went and camped in the car , one was really scared but did not dare leave her tent so had to ride it out.  One had dropped one  so could not give a F**K about the storm and sort of  revelled in it and then fell into the tent and ripped it and one was pretty narked and wet as said partner would not shut up all night and they spent hours getting damp   in ripped tent. Others were pleased that the storm was loud enough to drown out a mates snoring !

I was in a tent, slept through it.

had a row with the new tent last night, didnt realise the poles go through the outside first and the inside clips in, all my others have been the other way round. gonna try it again tonight, got too cross last night

going shopping at dinnertime, grab some booze and stuffs, im like a child with all this excitement...and petulance with a tent

24 minutes ago, Perks said:

had a row with the new tent last night, didnt realise the poles go through the outside first and the inside clips in, all my others have been the other way round. gonna try it again tonight, got too cross last night

going shopping at dinnertime, grab some booze and stuffs, im like a child with all this excitement...and petulance with a tent

Please just remember to pack the poles !

We are so looking forward to this - it has been a long wait since our last festival at the end of September and BT is the start of summer for us ?

Best start to look at packing cos we have moved house and all the festival stuff is still in boxes........................ the drink is sorted and ready though.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, generationgav said:

Any tips on first camping festival with a toddler (16 months old)

We're pretty chilled overall and don't expect to see everything and everybody we want to, but would really love to see Suede! Our 4th BT, but 1st ever festival with a toddler.

Not really dude, but me pals bought their twins last year, different experience, but they still had an ace time, camped in family camping, but we'd hang out with them in the day, night times were different. they used to stay out as late as they could

35 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

We are so looking forward to this - it has been a long wait since our last festival at the end of September and BT is the start of summer for us ?

Best start to look at packing cos we have moved house and all the festival stuff is still in boxes........................ the drink is sorted and ready though.

Just made some pineapple tequila, making full use of my work from home day. got you tube on in the background, bearded theory videos

So damn excited - will get all me stuff sorted the weekend, hope you havent left any important stuff at the old house

7 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

it has been a long wait since our last festival at the end of September and BT is the start of summer for us ?

Missed BT and all festivals last year due to travelling SE Asia, so our last one was Equinox 2017!! 

So glad to be back in a field and cant wait till this time next week as will be nearly time to let you lot in :D x

5 hours ago, Robofish said:

Anyone who has been before: are there decent food options? The beer options look great but man can't live on beer alone.

EDIT:

Ahem, I just read the thread, and yes there are. As you were.

I love your Avatar ! 

I will listen to the album tonight 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Missed BT and all festivals last year due to travelling SE Asia, so our last one was Equinox 2017!! 

So glad to be back in a field and cant wait till this time next week as will be nearly time to let you lot in :D x

This time next week we shall be on the road heading towards you.so cannot wait.

7 days time :D