Bearded Theory 2019

Gnomicide

14 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Sadly there is no choice with what field you get put into, Trent is filled first and then Oaklands and the parking teams will fill them up as needed.

I'd suggest arriving later if you want to be over the road in Oaklands, but from experience this won't be any quieter/louder than the other one, perhaps slightly.

PS you got them mixed up, as Trent is the one nearest the arenas.

Oh and enjoy, it's a brilliant festival :)

13 hours ago, ivan said:

Oakland’s is only over the road from the main arenas and Trent .  Oakland’s is really quiet at night in fact all of time and you are further away from the late night tents and possible sound bleed.

Having done numerous festivals , Bearded attracts an older crowd so this is reflected with quiet fields.

If you don’t ask you don’t get so I would politely ask if you could be in Oakland’s , I  can’t see an issue.  Last year we were put in Oakland’s , when there was still space in Trent , they seemed to be taking turns at filling both fields up.

Thanks for the replies. I'll ask when we get there but it sounds like its not a problem wherever we end up.

Looking forward to trying a new festival (with no preconceptions).

49 minutes ago, sparkythetortoise said:

What's it called, sir, and what are they serving up? I do like the odd bhajia in the morning, but doubt I could hack it every day.

In the morning they just do bacon, sausage, egg rolls and the like. Not sure what it's call, they just have a big sign up saying Indian Food.

The curries they do from lunch onwards are very nice too.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

In the morning they just do bacon, sausage, egg rolls and the like. Not sure what it's call, they just have a big sign up saying Indian Food.

The curries they do from lunch onwards are very nice too.

Cheers for that - I shall check it out -  I'm thinking it might be Gandi's flipflop, but may well have just made that up out of no where 

34 minutes ago, sparkythetortoise said:

Cheers for that - I shall check it out -  I'm thinking it might be Gandi's flipflop, but may well have just made that up out of no where 

Ghandi's Flip Flop and the Indian are two separate vendors. The indian sells veg and non-veg. Ghandi's just vegetarian. Both great! The Indian is called just that Indian Food. Half a dozen sikh guys I think, very clean and tidy.

Edited by stutheblue
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, stutheblue said:

Ghandi's Flip Flop and the Indian are two separate vendors. The indian sells veg and non-veg. Ghandi's just vegetarian. Both great!

Well at least I didn't create Ghandi's Flip Flop out of my head! I guess I just go looking for an obviously Indian food outlet selling bacon butties in the morning - can't be many of them

1 minute ago, sparkythetortoise said:

Well at least I didn't create Ghandi's Flip Flop out of my head! I guess I just go looking for an obviously Indian food outlet selling bacon butties in the morning - can't be many of them

They are normally on the left as you enter the field about 4 vendors in. I really can't wait now, thinking about the food there gets me as excited as the bands.

1 hour ago, stutheblue said:

They are normally on the left as you enter the field about 4 vendors in. I really can't wait now, thinking about the food there gets me as excited as the bands.

I also thought they were just called Indian Food but last year notice the also had Taste of Indian on the sign

website here

http://www.tasteofindiacatering.co.uk/

better pictures here including BT ones

https://www.whambamtikka.com/festivals

.....Im ready now :)

41 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Yey

and as long as the discussion goes something like................................ warmer and dryer than this would be good, then yes.

Yeah defo warmer, its pretty chill out there

You know what, i'll prob get swore at for this, but I dont mind a bit of light rain at a festival, not heavy mind! but cloudy days are much more preferable than hot sunny ones for me

1 hour ago, Perks said:

Yeah defo warmer, its pretty chill out there

You know what, i'll prob get swore at for this, but I dont mind a bit of light rain at a festival, not heavy mind! but cloudy days are much more preferable than hot sunny ones for me

Light rain if there has to be overnight to settle the dust, and the cloud keeps it warmer too, followed by fluffy white clouds and sunny intervals max temperature of 20/21 degrees C.

Perfect ?

3 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Light rain if there has to be overnight to settle the dust, and the cloud keeps it warmer too, followed by fluffy white clouds and sunny intervals max temperature of 20/21 degrees C.

Perfect ?

We’ll defo get Little Fluffy Clouds ?

Totally agree dude, perfect. Not rain like tonight, sure it’s hammering it down here

hello.

Im a fat man. Who likes food a lot. Part of the appeal of festivals for me is the wide range of sustenance to help my ever expanding waistline.

This is my first Bearded Theory. Tell me, do they let it be known what outlets will be there for me to munch through? Or is it 'old skool' with the basics (burger/curry/pizza), and I should be concentrating more on the lovely cider? (Bakewell Tart flavour? YES PLEASE!!!!)

Thanks for any info you may have. See you down the front for Lottery Winners.

6 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

What tent did you go for @Perks

I'm packed! 

EECD123C-D1D8-427E-8D98-E5B809092ADF.jpeg

Blimey. Some of the booze is still there!

4 hours ago, retromoz said:

hello.

Im a fat man. Who likes food a lot. Part of the appeal of festivals for me is the wide range of sustenance to help my ever expanding waistline.

This is my first Bearded Theory. Tell me, do they let it be known what outlets will be there for me to munch through? Or is it 'old skool' with the basics (burger/curry/pizza), and I should be concentrating more on the lovely cider? (Bakewell Tart flavour? YES PLEASE!!!!)

Thanks for any info you may have. See you down the front for Lottery Winners.

Not sure if they give out details but there's a fairly mixed bag. Indian, noodles, burgers, fish & chips, scotch eggs, veggie, greek... loads of choice.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

What tent did you go for @Perks

I'm packed! 

EECD123C-D1D8-427E-8D98-E5B809092ADF.jpeg

Hello, I went for a 3 man eurohike, £48 from Millets. Just noticed it’s gone up in price now.

Loving your collection of booze there. Excellent work ?

E8A563D6-5803-4F7A-9264-653F6F9D3451.jpeg

9 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Remember to decant the glass bottles :)

On site today, was glorious sunshine and now very pleasant this evening 

As I understand it all alcohol in glass bottles will be drunk on the journey  down and all glass disposed of ethically at Tibshelf services