Bearded Theory 2019

Gnomicide

1 hour ago, uscore said:

Yes, I'm getting quite excited by how close this is getting. This will be my first Bearded Theory.  It looks lovely.

Any recommended food places?

Ghandi's flip flop - but make sure you're really hungry if you go for one of their mixed plates, I thought I was going to die, I was so full!

11 hours ago, uscore said:

Yes, I'm getting quite excited by how close this is getting. This will be my first Bearded Theory.  It looks lovely.

Any recommended food places?

Go to the Indian place for breakfast, free tea or coffee.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Bought my booze today!  ?

I have just been given a bottle of rum, that is now in the BT beer armoury, was thinking earlier about what else to take

What you gone for?

14 minutes ago, Perks said:

I have just been given a bottle of rum, that is now in the BT beer armoury, was thinking earlier about what else to take

What you gone for?

Just a selection of cans of beer - I chose 2 types of craft beers and 2 types of cheaper ales - I think one was London Pride and one of the craft was Dead Pony's Club but can't remember what the others were.  I've allowed 4 cans per day and the rest will be from the ale tent.  Plus a box of red wine for a glass back at the van before bed.  I don't drink spirits so that will do me.

I also bought a big bar of chocolate!  Not sure what to take in the way of food as I tend to prefer just buying lovely grub from the stalls and not preparing anything for myself!  I often find I buy nice little bits and bring most home with me,  So probably just same late night nibbles to go with wine!

6 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

Brave...normally get mine 2 days before to reduce the risk of me caning through it after a bad day at work!

I tend to stick to wine at home or bottled beers so the cans are reasonably safe!

On 5/3/2019 at 5:40 PM, Beerqueen said:

Just a selection of cans of beer - I chose 2 types of craft beers and 2 types of cheaper ales - I think one was London Pride and one of the craft was Dead Pony's Club but can't remember what the others were.  I've allowed 4 cans per day and the rest will be from the ale tent.  Plus a box of red wine for a glass back at the van before bed.  I don't drink spirits so that will do me.

I also bought a big bar of chocolate!  Not sure what to take in the way of food as I tend to prefer just buying lovely grub from the stalls and not preparing anything for myself!  I often find I buy nice little bits and bring most home with me,  So probably just same late night nibbles to go with wine!

I love red wine, but I can’t drink it out of the house, sends me wild, I can contain it at home, drinking it with food.

I’m gonna make some cola cube rum and some lemon sherbet Gin.. bring a few beers and as you say buy from the beer tents.

Buzzing now, not long to go, finally bought meself a new tent. It’s all happening ?

18 minutes ago, Perks said:

I love red wine, but I can’t drink it out of the house, sends me wild, I can contain it at home, drinking it with food.

I’m gonna make some cola cube rum and some lemon sherbet Gin.. bring a few beers and as you say buy from the beer tents.

Buzzing now, not long to go, finally bought meself a new tent. It’s all happening ?

I always think these smaller festivals are a good practice run for the bigger ones - I go with a friend with a camper van to Bearded Theory so can take things and if I don't use them at least I haven't lugged them 3 miles from the parking!  And if I don't have enough with me during the day (whether booze, food or clothes) I can nip back easily.  But still think I will take less and see if that works.  

Yep getting excited now!

14 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

I always think these smaller festivals are a good practice run for the bigger ones - I go with a friend with a camper van to Bearded Theory so can take things and if I don't use them at least I haven't lugged them 3 miles from the parking!  And if I don't have enough with me during the day (whether booze, food or clothes) I can nip back easily.  But still think I will take less and see if that works.  

Yep getting excited now!

Yeah totally, i always bring too much to BT, its a nice luxury.

Wonder if the bike taxi will be back, used to love that guy playing his glam rock. he wasn't there last year. I know to some it might seem lazy as the car park isn't far, but me pals back is rubbish, so for a tenner (and a can) that dude was great, we take and pitch our tent first, then go back for everything else, and get him to cycle it, another luxury

Totally right about it being so easy to nip back to the tent and grab more stuff, i love that. Can be at the main stage and only be like 15 mins away from the camp site. Perfect

6 minutes ago, Perks said:

Yeah totally, i always bring too much to BT, its a nice luxury.

Wonder if the bike taxi will be back, used to love that guy playing his glam rock. he wasn't there last year. I know to some it might seem lazy as the car park isn't far, but me pals back is rubbish, so for a tenner (and a can) that dude was great, we take and pitch our tent first, then go back for everything else, and get him to cycle it, another luxury

Totally right about it being so easy to nip back to the tent and grab more stuff, i love that. Can be at the main stage and only be like 15 mins away from the camp site. Perfect

Tbh I'm still too bone idle to nip back though!  But at least I know I can.

First time to Bearded Theory,  with our 4 year old in a campervan. From the info map, it looks like the 2 CV options are Trent and Oaklands. There doesn't seem to be a quiet or family options for CV, so can you ask for Trent when you arrive (it looks further away so maybe quieter)? Thinking of  the 4 YO getting to sleep...

Sadly there is no choice with what field you get put into, Trent is filled first and then Oaklands and the parking teams will fill them up as needed.

I'd suggest arriving later if you want to be over the road in Oaklands, but from experience this won't be any quieter/louder than the other one, perhaps slightly.

PS you got them mixed up, as Trent is the one nearest the arenas.

Oh and enjoy, it's a brilliant festival :)

1 hour ago, DarrenVonBoathook said:

First time to Bearded Theory,  with our 4 year old in a campervan. From the info map, it looks like the 2 CV options are Trent and Oaklands. There doesn't seem to be a quiet or family options for CV, so can you ask for Trent when you arrive (it looks further away so maybe quieter)? Thinking of  the 4 YO getting to sleep...

Oakland’s is only over the road from the main arenas and Trent .  Oakland’s is really quiet at night in fact all of time and you are further away from the late night tents and possible sound bleed.

Having done numerous festivals , Bearded attracts an older crowd so this is reflected with quiet fields.

If you don’t ask you don’t get so I would politely ask if you could be in Oakland’s , I  can’t see an issue.  Last year we were put in Oakland’s , when there was still space in Trent , they seemed to be taking turns at filling both fields up.