Bearded Theory 2019

Gnomicide

52 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

8.59 am

See you there :)

The first year i went, 2012, me and me pal (we live in Bham) had Glastonbury in our minds and left at like 6.30am - we were there 7.15! didn't open till 9am, was so funny, couldnt believe how stupid we'd been

54 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

8.59 am

Same here !

If we get set up early , i will use the time to do a bit of maintenance on the camper , have a mooch , meet up with friendsin  the camp sites and try not to hit the booze  too early.

My partner wanted to arrive Friday morning , but with Sister Bliss on the decks , Thursday she ain't gonna win that one.

Does anyone know what time Ms Bliss will be on ?

1 hour ago, retromoz said:

Due to my wife going to see Take That with her ma the day before, we cant get there till Friday AM. One assumes there will still be tons of space in family camping, right?

Am looking forward to it! :)

There was a whole field empty last year - but that was cos nobody knew it was there ha ha

Seemed to be space for 4 man tents even on Saturday morning so you should be fine.

I just hope we get lots of time cos we have a new tent and this will be the first time we put it up (we now live in  a flat so have nowhere to test). The old tent will be in the car just in case though.

• Upvote 1

I'm looking to get there about noon. Gentle drive down from Manchester, picking up my mate from the airport who is flying in from Belfast, brekkie on the way. Also have a new tent, one of those inflatable ones. Had a trial run on the field last week. Cannot wait.

Edited by stutheblue

17 hours ago, stutheblue said:

I'm looking to get there about noon. Gentle drive down from Manchester, picking up my mate from the airport who is flying in from Belfast, brekkie on the way. Also have a new tent, one of those inflatable ones. Had a trial run on the field last week. Cannot wait.

We bought one of them a few years ago...best £300 I've ever spent. Dead sturdy, piece of piss to put up and surprisingly easy to put back in the bag!

17 hours ago, stutheblue said:

I'm looking to get there about noon

13 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Probably leave home around 9, get there for 11ish

42 minutes ago, justanotheronethen said:

Thurs 07:20 coach from Victoria, onsite after lunch

Good to hear not everyone is still gonna aim for gates at 09:00, more people that spread it out over the day the better :)

Personally I will be there on the 13th... Not long now :D

4 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

We bought one of them a few years ago...best £300 I've ever spent. Dead sturdy, piece of piss to put up and surprisingly easy to put back in the bag!

How many hours i have spent watching people trying to put the small Quecha pop up tents back into the circular bags !

I have never had one so never had to endure that , i am sure they must have caused lots of arguments and possibly trips to the welfare tent 

4 hours ago, justanotheronethen said:

Weds night train Chichester to Croydon, FIFA then sleep on mate's sofa 

Thurs 07:20 coach from Victoria, onsite after lunch

Tent up, read programme 

Relax 

?

Lets hope there is not too much " Next game wins on FIFA " or you may roll up at Beardy just as She Sells Sanctuary is finishing !

1 hour ago, ivan said:

Lets hope there is not too much " Next game wins on FIFA " or you may roll up at Beardy just as She Sells Sanctuary is finishing !

Ha! I am competitive but hampered by being absolutely hopeless at FIFA. Even the training is a struggle. If I was to wait until I score (onside) the Orb will just be finishing Little Fluffy Clouds ?

On 4/25/2019 at 4:19 PM, stutheblue said:

We're coming down from Manchester too, looking to leave mid-morning around 11am to get there around 1ish... hopefully not as much queuing on the roads this time (due to something stuck under a bridge I believe) 

3 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

We're coming down from Manchester too, looking to leave mid-morning around 11am to get there around 1ish... hopefully not as much queuing on the roads this time (due to something stuck under a bridge I believe) 

And the fact they were so slow in getting Campers and Caravans into the fields and not getting em off the roads which caused everything to back up.  But they have promised to alleviate this year , by taking the rulers of the car park attendants . 

2 hours ago, The_Amazing_Oblong said:

I'm pretty lucky with this one as it's just down the road. Last few years I've popped home for a shower Saturday morning as it's quicker than waiting in the queue. 

I find best time to go is mid-day or just use the one in my van :) 

59 minutes ago, generationgav said:

Can't decide what time to turn up on Friday. We normally get there for a leisurely 12 - but I think SPUNGE will be on 12:30 or 1 and want to be in the arena for them! 

Easy... turn up on the thursday :D

• Upvote 1

On 4/28/2019 at 8:58 PM, ivan said:

And the fact they were so slow in getting Campers and Caravans into the fields and not getting em off the roads which caused everything to back up.  But they have promised to alleviate this year , by taking the rulers of the car park attendants . 

Yeah it took us a couple of hours from being within sight of the site!  And probably an hour just to go round the perimeter of the field even once inside the gates.  It didn't help that they were giving wristbands out individually when you got to the front of the queue and then took each van one by one and told them precisely where to park!  All forgotten once parked up and it helped that it was nice weather but still......