Bearded Theory 2019

Gnomicide

They've posted the selection of beers up on Facebook but I can't seem to copy it over to here. Suffice to say, it looks good! £4 a pint mainly (except for the festival beer which is £3.90) and they're using reusable mugs which cost £2 each and will be cleaned at each refill (I can see that slowing down service a bit if people bring their own - might just buy one so I can swap it for a clean one each time)

12 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

They've posted the selection of beers up on Facebook but I can't seem to copy it over to here. Suffice to say, it looks good! £4 a pint mainly (except for the festival beer which is £3.90) and they're using reusable mugs which cost £2 each and will be cleaned at each refill (I can see that slowing down service a bit if people bring their own - might just buy one so I can swap it for a clean one each time)

The only festival where the beer is cheaper than in my local pub!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

you should get another pub!

Weatherspoons ? 

Tetley IPA was £1.99 a pint when I was in  Leeds last month to see Blue Oyster Cult.

Edited by ivan

42 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I don't drink brexit beer, thanks. ;) 

Although Tetley happens to be owned by Carlsberg , so i am not sure how that works out !

1 hour ago, sparkythetortoise said:

Good point - I shall sup my remainer £4.10 continental pilsner in solidarity

I shall continue to purchase my £1 a pint canned  Pilsner from the local Polish shop .

Is it me or is it getting harder to spot Wetherspoons pubs? Was in one for an hour last week before my other half said 'Surprised you agreed to come in here as its a Wetherspoons'. Nearly spat my rank room temperature ale over the dirty table (to be fair, the signs were there)

The Wetherspoons gimp can sod right off and take the Vac dickhead with him.  

38 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

Is it me or is it getting harder to spot Wetherspoons pubs? Was in one for an hour last week before my other half said 'Surprised you agreed to come in here as its a Wetherspoons'. Nearly spat my rank room temperature ale over the dirty table (to be fair, the signs were there)

The Wetherspoons gimp can sod right off and take the Vac dickhead with him.  

Use their APP as an avoidance tool  !  ?

After listening to the playlist quite a lot now, I am now starting to pull together a list of who I want to see.  Almost ideally there are lots of , "hmm they sound pretty good and I wouldn't mind seeing them", a couple of "Yep, will see them probably" and a few "nah, I don't think so".  But I don't think there is any "yes, absolutely, must see them at all costs".

As I say pretty ideal - somewhere to head for if I want to but nothing I need to rush for if I stumble across something else to enjoy on the way.

Now to start on Glastonbury!

18 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

After listening to the playlist quite a lot now, I am now starting to pull together a list of who I want to see.  Almost ideally there are lots of , "hmm they sound pretty good and I wouldn't mind seeing them", a couple of "Yep, will see them probably" and a few "nah, I don't think so".  But I don't think there is any "yes, absolutely, must see them at all costs".

As I say pretty ideal - somewhere to head for if I want to but nothing I need to rush for if I stumble across something else to enjoy on the way.

Now to start on Glastonbury!

Doves.... never seen them and i am so looking forward to it..!

57 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

Doves.... never seen them and i am so looking forward to it..!

I really feel I should know them better.   I seem to remember my son liking them years ago but can't really place them.  I don't think they've come up on my playlist much either so will have to have a proper listen.  Still have a few weeks to make some adjustments to the list!

19 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Yey, my tickets have been despatched ?

One month today.

Just gone straight to me emails then to see if i had the note of delivery, then remembered I'm on the payment plan and not fully paid up yet

This time in a month will be a nice feeling at work