Bearded Theory 2019

Gnomicide

4 hours ago, Perks said:

Ha, yeah sorry, just got excited as its next month..

I still need to get a tent, mine has given up the ghost, bought some boots the other day, in preparation for the rain....so hopefully that will be a waste of a purchase :)

Science fact

After what I understand was a protracted period of poor weather, which had put me off, I first decided to go to BT back in 2015 only the night before, despite the forecast being dodgy. It didn't rain all weekend, and the following year the weather was glorious. By my third year, I started to develop the theory that I was personally responsible for the fine weather, and sure enough, in 2017, hardly a drop fell on our heads. Last year, due to unforeseen circumstances, I couldn't attend, and sure enough, I understand it rained. 

To my mind this scientifically proves that me being at the festival prevents rain from falling, and therefore you will be pleased to learn that I shall be at this year's event with my newly discovered superpower creating a protective bubble from which everyone can benefit.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, sparkythetortoise said:

Science fact

After what I understand was a protracted period of poor weather, which had put me off, I first decided to go to BT back in 2015 only the night before, despite the forecast being dodgy. It didn't rain all weekend, and the following year the weather was glorious. By my third year, I started to develop the theory that I was personally responsible for the fine weather, and sure enough, in 2017, hardly a drop fell on our heads. Last year, due to unforeseen circumstances, I couldn't attend, and sure enough, I understand it rained. 

To my mind this scientifically proves that me being at the festival prevents rain from falling, and therefore you will be pleased to learn that I shall be at this year's event with my newly discovered superpower creating a protective bubble from which everyone can benefit.

If this could be scientifically proven, I'd buy your ticket myself.*

*I wouldn't. 

On 28 March 2019 at 8:24 AM, Nobody Interesting said:

Cannot edit my post above for some reason so here is the updated version!!

Got my running order email and have updated the clashfinder but I cannot work out how to delete things so have not done the showcase - the delete option is greyed out.

clashfinder.com/s/beardedtheory2019

I will guess this lot are Thursdays bands probably split between Maui Waui, Convoy Caberet and The Woodland:

Faithless DJ Set
Dr & the Medics

The Bar Stool Preachers
Beans on Toast

Green Man Rising
The In-Here Brothers

Just catching up.  I had found the clasfinder and was wondering who it was I had to thank! Thank you for creating and updating it.

I will be taking several printed copies and few highlighters for our group :)

4 hours ago, Miesh said:

just make sure at least one in your group buys a programme to get the finalized set times as the clashfinder is based on guess work and is usually out.

10 hours ago, Miesh said:

Just catching up.  I had found the clasfinder and was wondering who it was I had to thank! Thank you for creating and updating it.

6 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

just make sure at least one in your group buys a programme to get the finalized set times as the clashfinder is based on guess work and is usually out.

Very very much buy the programme - the Clashfinder is loads of guess work and will have lots that are wrong.

Use it only as a very rough guide and rely only on the definate set times and order in the programme. Until I have the prog in my hand I make no concrete plans.

23 hours ago, sparkythetortoise said:

Science fact

This post has made my day. I'll buy you a pint of Jaipur if we bump into each other.

8 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Very very much buy the programme - the Clashfinder is loads of guess work and will have lots that are wrong.

Use it only as a very rough guide and rely only on the definate set times and order in the programme. Until I have the prog in my hand I make no concrete plans.

I'm taking a laptop, printer and generator. Once I've got a programme, I'll set it up, update the Clashfinder and print myself a copy in my tent. I'll then go into the arena and realise I've forgotten it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, elgatonegrofabricwardrobe said:

This post has made my day. I'll buy you a pint of Jaipur if we bump into each other.

I shall spend the weekend walking up to people and saying "You are elgatonegrofabrixwardrobe, I claim my pint of Jaipur", to which most wll no doubt respond with "It looks like you've had enough Jaipur already, mate."

Come Sunday, though,  I finally manage to find you and, good to your word, you buy that pint, despite the fact that it is now tipping it down. Huddled together in a crowded beer tent, we sup down our beers in embarrassed, self-conscious silence.

"It was only a theory, " I finally say, before sheepishly sloping off.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, sparkythetortoise said:

I shall spend the weekend walking up to people and saying "You are elgatonegrofabrixwardrobe, I claim my pint of Jaipur", to which most wll no doubt respond with "It looks like you've had enough Jaipur already, mate."

Come Sunday, though,  I finally manage to find you and, good to your word, you buy that pint, despite the fact that it is now tipping it down. Huddled together in a crowded beer tent, we sup down our beers in embarrassed, self-conscious silence.

Me and my missus just laughed our heads off at that. She said she'll get you a pint too. See you at the Pallet stage bar in May pal.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Hi. Thanks. We're a big group and will have programmes between us. At Latitude last year I didn't have time to do my own clashfinder so printed one and took a few spares and a highlighter. We had fun colouring in and found a single sheet handy for carrying around, just as a reminder of what we wanted to see.

3 hours ago, elgatonegrofabricwardrobe said:

Me and my missus just laughed our heads off at that. She said she'll get you a pint too. See you at the Pallet stage bar in May pal.

Well look out for, and say hello to, a bloke that looks a bit like Bez wandering around with a bloke that looks a bit like Adrian Edmondson (I'm the Edmondson looky-likely btw), because that will be me, in a state of inebriation and probably trying to cadge fags off someone (because we all know that cigarettes can't hurt you if a: you didn't buy them and b: you smoke them outside you own postcode).

...and that's another of my science facts

See you on the other side

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I'm taking a laptop, printer and generator. Once I've got a programme, I'll set it up, update the Clashfinder and print myself a copy in my tent. I'll then go into the arena and realise I've forgotten it.

Or you have forgotton to put a new ink cartridge in before you left home !

I can see you running round the festival with this request 

" Does anyone have  a black toner cartridge for an Epson XP 305 on them  ? "

• Like 1

21 hours ago, sparkythetortoise said:

ha ha, if you manage to say the words elgatonegrofabrixwardrobe to me, i'll buy you a pint of Jaipur too

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Quite a few changes on the new site map. Magical Sounds on the opposite side, Maui-Waui where MS used to be with Showcase in their old spec. New Circus tent as you enter from the campsite. 

I fell across, while searching for a version of this map my eyeballs could read, a version of last year's map which had them swapped round, and also a poetry and theatre tent where the circus now is. Not being able make it last year, I'm intrigued as to whether any of that actually happen, or was it quietly dropped?

Edited by sparkythetortoise

25 minutes ago, sparkythetortoise said:

I fell across, while searching for a version of this map my eyeballs could read, a version of last year's map which had them swapped round, and also a poetry and theatre tent where the circus now is. Not being able make it last year, I'm intrigued as to whether any of that actually happen, or was it quietly dropped?

Poetry & Word didn't happen, the rest where in the same place as last year.

11 hours ago, Perks said:

Just realised 6 weeks today. Badass

Need to buy a tent!!!

Wow I do now really  need to concentrate on the Beardy  Spotify Playlist 

Edited by ivan

On 3/28/2019 at 4:38 PM, sparkythetortoise said:

There aren't formal arena's as such, but the Woodland stage is accessed only by a narrow pathway through the woods, and it surrounded by trees (really, magical area btw) so in practise there is a finite capacity. I've never experienced problems getting in other than a minor queue but I think it does become an issue for headliners. So if you're going to see SLF then maybe settle on the Skids as well so you are already in.

IS there a bar and more importantly, toilets, in the Woodland stage area?

2 minutes ago, uscore said:

IS there a bar and more importantly, toilets, in the Woodland stage area?

There's a bar. The toilets are outside the entrance and so you would get caught by any potential queue to get back in.

But honestly I wouldn't expect that to be a problem. In previous years queues have been rare and never more than a few minutes. The main problem has been that the bar was right next to the entrance, and so people would congregate there causing congestion and making the area seem busier than it actually was. This year they've moved the bar away which should improve circulation.

• Upvote 1

To be fair, the acts I'm looking at, Slow Reader's Club and Idlewild, will probably be playing at the same time as the Cult - so hopefully that will be the bigger pull and there won't be any crowd issues anyway.   I just wee a lot so it's useless me getting anywhere early for a good spot!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, incident said:

There's a bar. The toilets are outside the entrance and so you would get caught by any potential queue to get back in.

But honestly I wouldn't expect that to be a problem. In previous years queues have been rare and never more than a few minutes. The main problem has been that the bar was right next to the entrance, and so people would congregate there causing congestion and making the area seem busier than it actually was. This year they've moved the bar away which should improve circulation.

Think they've said on Facebook the Woodland will be slightly bigger this year and there will be loos inside so no need to go out and queue up to come back in....result!  

• Upvote 1

Love the woodland, got quite a few to see in there this year too - Such a cool area to just go and chill in

Going through the line up, new one for me - Pulled Apart By Horses, gonna plan to check them out

Still need to buy a tent!