Bearded Theory 2019

Gnomicide

6 minutes ago, tjamest said:

Who do you think it was?

Looking at Truck  would one Wolf Alice cost the same as an Easy Star and a Sherlock?

I don't know. I thought they still had 2 slots to announce anyway but it doesn't read that way. Something wrong when an act the size of a sub headliner at Bearded can be stopped playing any number of festivals.

45 minutes ago, man next door said:

its a decent lineup.

The depth of quality is remarkable when you consider the capacity is reducing this year.

I'm delighted with it, I could happily watch almost all of the acts on The Pallet, then you've got the rest of the stages where there are plenty of others I want to see too (apart from Magical Sounds, obvs :) ). Plus there are 4 other stages with stuff on that isn't even included in the poster. 

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

I'm delighted with it, I could happily watch almost all of the acts on The Pallet, then you've got the rest of the stages where there are plenty of others I want to see too (apart from Magical Sounds, obvs :) ). Plus there are 4 other stages with stuff on that isn't even included in the poster. 

Me too dude, although I love me some Magical Sounds, and as you say more stuff going on thats not announced. Top top festival, cant wait for it

Just looking at the line up again and noticed Smiley and the Underclass are on there - delighted with that. Saw them a few years ago there and they were brilliant. Cheered me Monday up that has

33 minutes ago, Perks said:

Just looking at the line up again and noticed Smiley and the Underclass are on there - delighted with that. Saw them a few years ago there and they were brilliant. Cheered me Monday up that has

Yep - I've noticed that too. Not seen them yet, but intend on getting along to Maui for that one

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 1:04 PM, Gnomicide said:

I don't know. I thought they still had 2 slots to announce anyway but it doesn't read that way. Something wrong when an act the size of a sub headliner at Bearded can be stopped playing any number of festivals.

Quite possibly - Winning the Mercury Music Prize for Visions of A Life  and the sell out shows they finished with at the end of the year has put their value up.  Wolf Alice would not be cheap tho .  The other one I thought of was White Lies ( who I love ) who I think are headlining the Thurs at Y Not , but I would not have thought they were a Beardy Band  , but then neither I thought are  Editors so what do I know !

Edited by ivan

• 2 weeks later...

I've been listening to the playlist and to be honest am struggling to find much that I love. It all seems a bit generic punkish. Don't get me wrong I'm sure I'll have a great time but what would people recommend that is a bit less punk? P. S already earmarked Little Steven and Idlewild. 

10 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

what would people recommend that is a bit less punk?

Some obvious one's here, perhaps, but here's my check list of less punkish acts I think are worth checking out

The Oh Sees, Editors, Wildwood Kin. Transglobal Underground, Slow Readers Club, The Egg, ClusterFuck, Seth Lakeham, Flutatious, Easy Star All Stars, Orb, Banco de Gaia, Henge, Bloodshake Chorus, Nebula Sun, Little Red Kings, The Blinders, Dreadzone, Steel Pulse

10 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

I've been listening to the playlist and to be honest am struggling to find much that I love. It all seems a bit generic punkish. Don't get me wrong I'm sure I'll have a great time but what would people recommend that is a bit less punk? P. S already earmarked Little Steven and Idlewild. 

I look at the line and think it could do with some more bigger/headliner punk acts.

Smiley and The Underclass (ska/reggae) and Electric Swing Circus are good live acts.

14 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Easy All Stars playing Dark Side of the Moon ? 

At present there are only a handful of acts I'm interested in so could do with listening to the playlist over the next few weeks.  To be honest I am a little disappointed with the line-up but I am still really looking forward to the festival itself.

Must sees are Editors, Doves and Suede.  Saw The Blinders support The View in Manchester a couple of years ago so will likely give them a watch, pretty decent live.  Will also watch the The Lottery Winners too as they are a local band and we know the guitarist.

Just want to be on the site now, in the sunshine (fingers crossed) with my mates and a beer.

Edited by AmyShambles

7 hours ago, sparkythetortoise said:

If the Editors are a must for you, then do check out the Slow Readers Club - they plough similar furrows (I think SRC may have supported the Editors in the past)

Watched a couple of their videos on YouTube when the line up was first announced. Will give them a proper listen, cheers!

On 3/20/2019 at 10:42 PM, Beerqueen said:

Hello beerqueen, what sort of music are you into?

1 hour ago, Perks said:

Hello beerqueen, what sort of music are you into?

Like most people probably I find it difficult to define. I like indie, ska, rock a bit of pop so probably more or less anything except punk, dance and r n b which I don't dislike as such but find a bit samey. I guess the fact that I'm in my 50s may give a clue as to not liking more modern stuff!

Thanks - I am sure I'll  find stuff that I'll  like whether it's in the smaller tents or on the main stage. And it's the first festival of the year so that will make it a blast!

18 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Like most people probably I find it difficult to define. I like indie, ska, rock a bit of pop so probably more or less anything except punk, dance and r n b which I don't dislike as such but find a bit samey. I guess the fact that I'm in my 50s may give a clue as to not liking more modern stuff!

Thanks - I am sure I'll  find stuff that I'll  like whether it's in the smaller tents or on the main stage. And it's the first festival of the year so that will make it a blast!

Yeah you're right, I find it hard to define too - so shouldve asked in a better way - sorry.

Have you seen Imperial Lesuire before, they are ska / reggae, great fun, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, Smiley and The Underclass are well worth a watch, Lancashire Hotpots are gonna be fun too - always good craic them

I love going through the line up on you tube, especially the Maui Waui tent, find some right good ones on there.

Yeah as you say, you'll always find stuff, mingle around and that, i cant wait, gonna be ace

1 hour ago, Perks said:

Yeah you're right, I find it hard to define too - so shouldve asked in a better way - sorry.

Have you seen Imperial Lesuire before, they are ska / reggae, great fun, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, Smiley and The Underclass are well worth a watch, Lancashire Hotpots are gonna be fun too - always good craic them

I love going through the line up on you tube, especially the Maui Waui tent, find some right good ones on there.

Yeah as you say, you'll always find stuff, mingle around and that, i cant wait, gonna be ace

Funnily enough since I posted that it seems to be a lot of punk,  the playlist has chucked out loads of other stuff including Electric Swing Circus, True Strays, Indigo Velvet and yes Smiley and the Underclass.  Will listen to Imperial Leisure too, thanks.  Have seen the Lancashire Hotpots before and had ear-marked them. So have now got quite  a healthy list of people to see. 

Can't wait. And in less than a week we can say it's next month!

Got my running order email and will update the clash finder later unless someone beats me to it.

clashfinder.com/s/beardedtheory2019

I will also scour the line up and come up with the Thursday bands, but pretty sure we know them already:

Faithless DJ Set
Dr & the Medics

The Bar Stool Preachers
Beans on Toast

Green Man Rising
The In-Here Brothers

Cannot edit my post above for some reason so here is the updated version!!

Got my running order email and have updated the clashfinder but I cannot work out how to delete things so have not done the showcase - the delete option is greyed out.

clashfinder.com/s/beardedtheory2019

I will guess this lot are Thursdays bands probably split between Maui Waui, Convoy Caberet and The Woodland:

Faithless DJ Set
Dr & the Medics

The Bar Stool Preachers
Beans on Toast

Green Man Rising
The In-Here Brothers

• Upvote 4