Bearded Theory 2019

Gnomicide

3 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

That would fit in with the British and solo and in a band thingy we were told a few weeks back

I thought act they were referring to  was American ?

3 hours ago, Ravey Davey Gravy said:

Am I the only one who has no concept of Flaming Lips? I'm pushing 50, regular gig goer, love my music and all that but simply have no idea who they are. I must educate myself. I'll report back with my findings.

Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots is a good start , we named our cat Yoshi after it

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

The Cult, Little Steven and The Disciples of Soul , Doves and Wildwood Kin.  I thought they were announcing a lot more than just the four!  Don't really have much of a view of any of those as I don't know them well enough.  More to have a listen to!

There are a few more announced too like Muddy Summers, SLF bumped up to headliners, True Deceivers, Pulled Apart by Horses

Clashfinder updated with best guesses for times

Edited by Nobody Interesting

20 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

The Cult, Little Steven and The Disciples of Soul , Doves and Wildwood Kin.  I thought they were announcing a lot more than just the four!  Don't really have much of a view of any of those as I don't know them well enough.  More to have a listen to!

Just listen to AC/DC and that will get you acquainted with The Cult.  

“Love “is a good album to start with.

15 minutes ago, walkforever said:

Little steven was the guitarist I was referring to as Paul will confirm.  I had been told Saturday so that was wrong. Well done bearded

Certainly fits the US , Rock , Solo Artist 

On 12/14/2018 at 2:50 PM, man next door said:

So expect Neil’s critical comment to be scheduled for around 8-9 o clock. (Although could be the next morning, if he has an early night - hard to say) 

28 minutes ago, man next door said:

feeling a bit flat after that announcement.... 

No interest in any of the headliners this year. 

Can't win 'em all. 

I still love you Bearded. 

:lol: 

Just now, man next door said:

There's a difference between stating that the headliners aren't to your preference, and just being consistently and unnecessarily negative about a festival.

I'm guessing you're intelligent enough to understand that, but stubborn enough not to acknowledge it.

you're making it up. :rolleyes:

I'll make criticisms where I think they're deserved. The two criticisms I've made of BT are exceedingly well deserved. I can remind you, if you'd like to see exceedingly just criticisms?

31 minutes ago, man next door said:

feeling a bit flat after that announcement.... 

No interest in any of the headliners this year. 

Can't win 'em all. 

I still love you Bearded. 

I felt a bit disappointed with the headliners announcement but that's because I don't know much about The Cult or Little Steven.  I was hoping for Pixies to be honest but maybe that was a little ambitious.  There's more bands on the bill this year that I am interested in so that's a plus though.  It's a cracking little festival, really looking forward to it. 

2 minutes ago, AmyShambles said:

I felt a bit disappointed with the headliners announcement but that's because I don't know much about The Cult or Little Steven.  I was hoping for Pixies to be honest but maybe that was a little ambitious.  There's more bands on the bill this year that I am interested in so that's a plus though.  It's a cracking little festival, really looking forward to it. 

Yeah, this is it. 

There's bookings that are just $hit bookings, and there's bookings that are decent enough - but just not suited to an individuals tastes etc. These clearly fit into the latter category. 

It's outstanding that a festival of this size has the likes of Seth Lakeman and Steel Pulse playing in earlier slots - which suits well with us doing it with kids these days, so it's all good.

11 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

you're making it up. :rolleyes:

I'll make criticisms where I think they're deserved. The two criticisms I've made of BT are exceedingly well deserved. I can remind you, if you'd like to see exceedingly just criticisms?

Presumably, one of these is the UB40 debacle?

You were far more reserved in sharing your views when Wychwood booked them the next year :lol: (do efests still sponsor Wychwood, I'm not sure?)

Criticism is fine, of course, but in being so inconsistent with it, it just comes across targeted - which is what I've objected to in this long running tittle tattle.

Edited by man next door

4 minutes ago, man next door said:

Presumably, one of these is the UB40 debacle?

You were far more reserved in sharing your views when Wychwood booked them the next year

nope, forgotten that one (the others are far worse, btw). And that was criticism of an act passing themselves off in another's name.

A year later, why do i need to repeat stuff? For how they're listed here, I'm still telling promoters that (depending on circumstances) I won't list them in the way they want or I won't list them at all. Do you think I should have repeated the same criticisms for every show?

Edited by eFestivals