Bearded Theory 2019

Gnomicide

Those that went to the very early years will tell tales of ice on the inside of tents but I don't know what time of year they took place.

2016 was the coldest at night I can remember (only missed one since 2012), gorgeous during the day though, those cloudless skies have a price to pay. A price worth paying but I've taken an extra blanket every year since. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Do it, you will not regret it......... unless you drink too much Jaipur X

Oh shite.. 

Repeat after me.. "do not let bexj near the jaipur", "do not let bexj near the jaipur"... That's it, you gottit! Thanks! 

On 12/11/2018 at 7:46 AM, Gnomicide said:

Any idea what time this is coming? The usual is 7pm but it's normally on a Friday. 

Given your superb knowledge of all things date and time related will you be giving us a Bearded Thingy?

Oh Matron.

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 1:21 PM, PDAD said:

I've never been to Bearded Theory before but am definitely interested.

What's the general 'vibe' of the place? Is there anything in particular that makes it stand out as a must - see festival?

Basically, convince me, please. 

Ta!

I enjoyed it that much last year that I am not really bothered about Glasto next year - so that is a validation for ya !

Cos it's Christmas and cos the rest of the lineup comes out tomorrow I thought I would create this.

https://clashfinder.com/s/beardedtheory2019/

I have not checked it fully yet and some stages I guessed times as there are less acts on that previous years but it will give you all an idea.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ivan said:

Listening to Flaming Lips last night they popped into my head as a possible Beardy headliner

I think Flaming Lips are too expensive, they only tend to play more expensive/larger festivals, I think it must be the logistics of getting here with all their kit, etc.

Flaming Lips would fit Bearded amazingly, but I don't expect it to be them.

1 hour ago, ivan said:

Listening to Flaming Lips last night they popped into my head as a possible Beardy headliner

Am I the only one who has no concept of Flaming Lips? I'm pushing 50, regular gig goer, love my music and all that but simply have no idea who they are. I must educate myself. I'll report back with my findings.

2 minutes ago, Ravey Davey Gravy said:

Am I the only one who has no concept of Flaming Lips? I'm pushing 50, regular gig goer, love my music and all that but simply have no idea who they are. I must educate myself. I'll report back with my findings.

Don’t just listen to them... you must go see them.

Glastonbury 2017 Park headliner... it was possibly the most joyous performance I have seen in 10 Glastonbury’s.. absolutely epic.

i was very very drunk ? 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, generationgav said:

Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbot just announced a couple of gigs, might be too big but would fit well and timing seems appropriate that they'd want to announce and sell their solo tickets first.

That would fit in with the British and solo and in a band thingy we were told a few weeks back

1 hour ago, generationgav said:

I think Flaming Lips are too expensive, they only tend to play more expensive/larger festivals, I think it must be the logistics of getting here with all their kit, etc.

Flaming Lips would fit Bearded amazingly, but I don't expect it to be them.

They headlined Bluedot last year, which is about the same size (I think)

48 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

Don’t just listen to them... you must go see them.

Glastonbury 2017 Park headliner... it was possibly the most joyous performance I have seen in 10 Glastonbury’s.. absolutely epic.

i was very very drunk ? 

I agree with this. I do not like them on record that much. However, live, they are spectacular. Its the strangest thing.