Bearded Theory 2019

Gnomicide

1 hour ago, Paul ™ said:

If his rumour came from one of the BT team, so would not look good posting information that's been passed on possibly confidential

So why bother saying anything at all?  Or offer to PM people?  The festival forum equivalent of a prick tease!

• Like 1

Folk are being a tad harsh regarding this fellow and his rumour, it seems to me. My thinking is that he heard something, didn't feel comfortable saying out loud, so (admittedly foolishly) suggested that he'd have a quiet word in the ear of anyone super keen to hear. Immediately, he gets an avalanche  of PM requests and the penny drops telling anyone is as good as telling everyone. Was he naive? Very probably, but it takes regular visits here to realise how avariciously the mere whiff of a rumour will be pounced on here. Hopefully we'll find out his deepest, darkness secret tomorrow, so it's all good -  let us not judge, lest we be judged.

4 minutes ago, sparkythetortoise said:

Folk are being a tad harsh regarding this fellow and his rumour, it seems to me. My thinking is that he heard something, didn't feel comfortable saying out loud, so (admittedly foolishly) suggested that he'd have a quiet word in the ear of anyone super keen to hear. Immediately, he gets an avalanche  of PM requests and the penny drops telling anyone is as good as telling everyone. Was he naive? Very probably, but it takes regular visits here to realise how avariciously the mere whiff of a rumour will be pounced on here. Hopefully we'll find out his deepest, darkness secret tomorrow, so it's all good -  let us not judge, lest we be judged.

Nah, you're far too nice - he said "Just don't want to ruin anything , or look stupid if its wrong" - nothing about not repeating something he'd heard confidentially or anything.  He's just been teasing from the start, without any intention of telling us!  

Not that I'm really bothered, as man next door said, "it's just few people chattin' shit together during the cold winter months" 

1 hour ago, Beerqueen said:

Nah, you're far too nice - he said "Just don't want to ruin anything , or look stupid if its wrong" - nothing about not repeating something he'd heard confidentially or anything.  He's just been teasing from the start, without any intention of telling us!  

Not that I'm really bothered, as man next door said, "it's just few people chattin' shit together during the cold winter months" 

I don't think I've ever been accused of being far too nice - I'll bank that!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, sparkythetortoise said:

It’s a charitable assessment of the situation , my friend . 

14 minutes ago, man next door said:

I don't think this announcement will cover Walkforever's (not telling us) band - as tonight is, I think, Woodland headliners.

Yep that's what they said - so I don't suppose I'll know many but will look forward to getting to know them! 

From the BT forum

We are only doing another 5 on Pallet this eve, sadly on Woodland Friday one of our acts wont be performing and its very sad news, so you can piece that one together but Magical Sounds out this eve. Some more coming over to you a week on Thursday.

It may of been the buzzcocks on the woodlands, RIP pete shelley.

Yeah shame about Buzzcocks, good line up overall so far and so much more to come! :) 

We are delighted to announce the remaining acts for Friday night on the Pallet; Brit rock band EDITORS, American punk band OH SEES, festival favourites MAD DOG MCREA and ska band SPUNGE complete the day. Canadian folk punk act THE MAHONES join Sundays line up.

The Woodland welcomes STIFF LITTLE FINGERS to Friday and Saturday is topped by indie act IDLEWILD who are joined by up and coming Manchester rock band SLOW READERS CLUB, folk act SETH LAKEMAN and folk punk band MATILDAS SCOUNDRELS. Singer songwriter BEANS ON TOAST, ska band BAR STOOL PREACHERS and acoustic duo THE IN-HERE BROTHERS also make an appearance.

Magical Sounds have announced another blinding line up with techno act CHRIS LIBERATOR and world music band TRANSGLOBAL UNDERGROUND heading up Fridays Mega Dog takeover, trance DJ`s UNION JACK and THE EGG top Saturday and the legendary ORB (live) headlining Sunday. Joining them are MICHAEL DOG, EMPERION, GLOWBONES, BLACAKAT, TEMPLEHEAD, DUST JUNKIES SOUNDSYSTEM, GINGE, MC TEABAG, ED TANGENT, SPACEHOPPER, DJ EVOLUTION, PHIBES, ARIES, DOPE AMMO, CLUMSY, DIGITATAL FOUNDATION FT TOM SPIRALS, LOGAN & MANLEY, GAUDI, BANCO DE GAIA, DR TRIPPY, ANIMAT, MONSTER CEILDAH BAND and FLUTATIOUS

Convoy Cabaret are pleased to announce ska band SPORADICS, reggae punk act DUB THE EARTH, dub act AOS3 top the billing. They are joined by MAD DOG COLLECTIVE, SPANNER, 51ST STATE, BUFF, ALCOHOL LICKS, REALITY ATTACK, CLUSTERF*CK, ANARHISTWOOD, LACERTILLA, MR MARACAILLE, THE BROUHAHA, THE BABES, THE BLUNDERS, SPLINK, DAMIDGE, ZOMBIE MET GIRL and KNOCKDOWN DOLLS.

I'm very happy with Editors, I've seen them many times and love Tom Smith's voice and stage presence.  Also looking forward to Idlewild and there's others in there I've heard about but don't know well so will give them a listen.  Not bad at all, not bad. 

So I'm right in thinking we're still waiting for Saturday's headliners on the Pallet stage aren't we?  Or have I forgotten someone?