Bearded Theory 2019

Gnomicide

16 hours ago, walkforever said:

I'm happy to pm someone the rumour I heard in case it's true. It came from a good source but as i say if it is true bt have excelled themselves. Just don't want to ruin anything , or look stupid if its wrong 

I can't resist. Please PM me! 

Still baffling me.

Every act I come up with I think they would be more suited to Ramblin Man or Download.

I think the best I can come up with to fit Beardy would be Dinosaur Jnr , who are excellent live and were brilliant at EOTR a few years back , but not sure they would be the stellar headliner .

10 hours ago, ivan said:

Still baffling me.

Every act I come up with I think they would be more suited to Ramblin Man or Download.

I think the best I can come up with to fit Beardy would be Dinosaur Jnr , who are excellent live and were brilliant at EOTR a few years back , but not sure they would be the stellar headliner .

Same here. Then the Pixies came on my headphones and I thought 'OOoh...hello!'. Can't see it but that would be immense...they were sooo good at Bluedot a couple of years back. Actually, Bluedot is half the capacity of Bearded so maybe its not outside the realms of possibility.

3 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

Same here. Then the Pixies came on my headphones and I thought 'OOoh...hello!'. Can't see it but that would be immense...they were sooo good at Bluedot a couple of years back. Actually, Bluedot is half the capacity of Bearded so maybe its not outside the realms of possibility.

I saw Pixies on the Doolittle tour , what a night we started near the front and by the end of the gig  who we found ourselves near the back.

It was soo hot and what I remember also is before they came on Black Francis came from the side of the stage in bare feet and checked out the set up on  stage ( sort of checking out how much room he had or where he was going to stand )  before wandering back to the dressing room.

What I find hard is trying to think what headliner BT would go for .

Its far easier guessing them for Glasto , Leeds & Reading etc

21 hours ago, walkforever said:

Band or an individual ? Both

It's this bit that is intriguing me (I'm resisting asking for a PM as I'm quite enjoying the speculation). 

Alice Cooper fits that description better than anyone else I can think of unless it's a Singer and The Backing Band kind of name.

Has anyone who's received the PM been able to poo-poo the idea?

Love a poo-poo. 

10 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

It's this bit that is intriguing me (I'm resisting asking for a PM as I'm quite enjoying the speculation). 

Alice Cooper fits that description better than anyone else I can think of unless it's a Singer and The Backing Band kind of name.

Love a poo-poo. 

I wouldn't worry - I asked for a PM but haven't got one so am still speculating!  ?

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Love a poo-poo. 

I just see Alice more as a Ramblin Man headliner or lower down the slot at Download and not Beardy . 

10 minutes ago, man next door said:

I'm not sure how well the theatrical side of it would go down, if he still does all that....

(Not speaking as anywhere near an Alice expert or fan )

Lord if the Boa when missing I would just abandon my tent and check into the nearest hotel .

Woodland Stage would be a no go with that on the loose , that would be native habitat !

Would Bryan Adams be a Beardy booking ?

1 hour ago, man next door said:

I'm not sure how well the theatrical side of it would go down, if he still does all that....

(Not speaking as anywhere near an Alice expert or fan )

I reckon he'd have to do the theatrical stuff to keep the casual observer happy but the best I ever saw him was the time he many dispensed with all that stuff and just delivered a killer set list.

45 minutes ago, ivan said:

Lord if the Boa when missing I would just abandon my tent and check into the nearest hotel .

Woodland Stage would be a no go with that on the loose , that would be native habitat !

Would Bryan Adams be a Beardy booking ?

Nah. Another one I've seen loads of times and was always good despite diminishing album output but I couldn't see him at Bearded. 

2 hours ago, ivan said:

I just see Alice more as a Ramblin Man headliner or lower down the slot at Download and not Beardy . 

He played Cropredy in 2013 (and went down a storm apparently) so I don't doubt that he'd play BT and go down trifficly.

Don't normally enjoy "crowd footage" but this is worth watching

Edited by Rumblestripe
inserted video

Just now, man next door said:

odd. 

maybe it was a cry for attention, or something.

I did wonder - I didn't understand why he couldn't say outright on the forum what the rumour he had heard was.  If it's wrong, ok, it was only a rumour anyway.  No-one's going to hold it against anyone.