Bearded Theory 2019

Gnomicide

I reckon MA and Specials are both reasonably shouts. 

Until now, I'd have said they are too big, but Bearded do keep upping the level each year. They'd cost a packet, but probably justifiable on grounds of ticket sales / profile etc.

Personally, I'd rather see a band at the peak of their performance like Cat Empire, or Fat Freddy's Drop. It looks like Bearded are conscious of not booking 3 ancient headliners so there's always a chance.

Then something like Toots for sunday night , and I'd be very happy.

2 hours ago, man next door said:

I reckon MA and Specials are both reasonably shouts. 

Until now, I'd have said they are too big, but Bearded do keep upping the level each year. They'd cost a packet, but probably justifiable on grounds of ticket sales / profile etc.

Personally, I'd rather see a band at the peak of their performance like Cat Empire, or Fat Freddy's Drop. It looks like Bearded are conscious of not booking 3 ancient headliners so there's always a chance.

Then something like Toots for sunday night , and I'd be very happy.

With Paul Weller announcing summer shows he could be a possible ?

Like Robert Plant he is not an act that many people would disagree with.

I am excited tho to get the line up updates !!!

I would love to see Hookworms there

36 minutes ago, ivan said:

With Paul Weller announcing summer shows he could be a possible ?

Like Robert Plant he is not an act that many people would disagree with.

I am excited tho to get the line up updates !!!

I would love to see Hookworms there

I'm guessing Weller will want to sell his shows first, and Bearded have said it'll all be announced in next 8 weeks or something... so my woolly logic rules him out.... 

29 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

umm, whoops. :lol: 

Oh dear ,  feel so sorry for the band

Loved them at Lunar Festival this year , not even a torrential downpour could dampen my  spirits for em

3 hours ago, Ravey Davey Gravy said:

erm, you'd be surprised. He does nothing for me.

With the exception of a few Jam classics I ain’t a fan , but hey  

Years back Bob Geldoff played a festival and with the exception of early Boomtown Rats I was not bothered , but I hold my hands up and say it was an incredible set and I would certainly watch him again with far more regard

3 hours ago, Ravey Davey Gravy said:

Please god no, not double reggae again!

My mate loves em .

My lack of love from reggae comes from having to listen to Burning Spear in my brothers car 

On 11/7/2018 at 12:35 PM, Ravey Davey Gravy said:

If Hookworms are out of the picture, there are more ace 'worms' themed bands - specifically Flatworms

Would love to see Flatworms! Whenever they play festivals over here it’s usually with Oh Sees as well - that would be special 

5 hours ago, Ravey Davey Gravy said:

? I could cope with single Reggae because of other stages, but come on, Sunday night closer on both main stages when I want to see the festival off in style, poor planning last year for me

As a fan, I can see the different appeals of gdc and jimmy cliff - very different sounds / eras, but I see your point. 

It would suit us all better if they were at different times to watch / avoid as you choose. 

On 11/7/2018 at 8:26 AM, man next door said:

Some stuff...

Some other stuff

Aw man I would love it, love it, love it if they got Fat Freddy's Drop.

Missed Glasto tix this time around and looking to pop my Bearded cherry and I would be all over this. If they added Jason Isbell I'd happily die on the Sunday night afterwards.

• 3 weeks later...

There's 2 campervan fields, one right next to the Arena, and one across the (public, and not closed) road.

No passouts, just a wristband and for the most part the checks going into the Arena are fairly low key - if you're wearing short sleeves you might not even notice them happening.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Trout Mask Replica said:

Our first time at BT next year... 

Going to take the campervan? Anyone have any experience of that. How are the facilities? Is it outside of the festival main site as per Glastonbury? Pass outs etc? 

Campervan Field 1 is next to the Arena and Campervan Field 2 ( as we call em ) is just over the main road a few minutes walk from everything.

Just as you leave 1 and go into 2 there was a bar there this year and toilets nearby which was handy for the short  walk in

As I remember it both fields are flat which is always a bonus.

We camped in 2 and it was fine , nice and quiet there are toilets at the edge of the field and water points , vehicles nice and spaced out so we had no trouble leaving on the Sunday night.

As said there are no pass outs just the occasional pleasant request to show your wristband.

• Upvote 1