Bearded Theory 2019

Gnomicide

Posted lastnight on the chat page.....

Line up number 1 comes out next Friday at 7pm. Its a very brief release with a lot of our acts still to come but will include 2 woodland headlines and Fridays pallet headline (around 15 acts). Its a very exciting line up this time around some very impressive second billers, lots of pretty things.

Roll on Friday then!

For me, it’s as good a first announcement  as they’ve ever made .

steel pulse!!!!

its not justwho they’ve announced, but where those bands are on the bill.

they seem to just keep getting stronger and stronger - and that’s with a reduced capacity this year. 

Very impressed 

Edited by man next door
  • Upvote 1

Getting Mr Plant this year shows that the festival is growing in stature

Where as some other festivals are falling by the wayside, or struggling to put on a good festival and  also get across the line financially.

8 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

@ivan... Spotify playlist as promised. The lottery winners aren’t on it as they’re not on Spotify which is a shame. I’ve researched setlists and put those songs on where possible. 

I admire your research re setlists!  

I am just so happy to have new stuff to listen to for a festival.  In November!  

19 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

I admire your research re setlists!  

I am just so happy to have new stuff to listen to for a festival.  In November!  

I don’t know anyone on the line up so far... except Lancashire Hotpots, so I like to know what they’re likely to sing. I like a good old sing along. 

5 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

I don’t know anyone on the line up so far... except Lancashire Hotpots, so I like to know what they’re likely to sing. I like a good old sing along. 

I vaguely know Suede and saw Headsticks at Farmer Phil's a couple of years ago - I think they were alright. But no, other than that I haven't got a scoobie either! 

Hollie Cook is good UK reggae and of course Steel Pulse are superb if you like Reggae.

The Skatalites hail back to the 60's originally and cover the whole Ska section of music and are great fun.

The Blinders are a cross between Artic Monkeys and Idles and well worth a watch.

Winachi Tribe played the Showcase stage last year and are a great soul/funk band.

Wildhearts are a proper rock band that just belt through everything they have ever written in an hour.

Broken Bones Matilda followed by Rev Hammer sounds great to me - both well worth a listen as is Lucia for a laid back chill in the Woodland.

Something more energetic and loud is Heavy Lungs - I shall be there. My wife will not as she says they are awful........ which will be why I like them.

• Upvote 2

Anybody any input  regarding the Sat night headliner , I know The Specials have been mentioned earlier.

I was thinking about it the other night and thought about Massive Attack.

It would be tight on stage without the amount of gear they bring tho !!!

I saw them years when they headlined an 02 Festival at Harewood House , near Leeds and that was smaller than Beardy.