Bearded Theory 2019

Gnomicide

1 minute ago, BlueDaze said:

in your dreams...

tried off the iPhone 4G at the same time (well, a tad behind laptop) as a test..  early birds were gone by 09:03..

Now I'm worry I've used up my ticket luck for the year :(

Or maybe it shows I'm a ticket wizzard :D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Gnomicide said:

Now I'm worry I've used up my ticket luck for the year :(

Or maybe it shows I'm a ticket wizzard :D

i got the early bird on the laptop... but by the time i had juggled the iphone they were gone... *

*note to self : 4G works well enough but let somebody else manage that device... focus on the one.

It is a good sign.!

30 minutes ago, dirtymookie said:

Booked up for the first time. One I've meant to go to for many years but never got round too. In my determination to go, I have booked not knowing if I'll be going solo so some hints and tips or even stories/reviews would be appreciated muchly!

my first time this year (as a sort of Glastonbury replacement)... obviously good enough to go back in 2019.

very laid back and friendly..

music choice wise, it felt like Glastonbury without The Pyramid, Other and John Peel (and maybe West Holts..).. You either do your research or just follow your ears.. I probably saw 3 really decent acts a day, which is good value in itself.

Food wasnt bad... Bars were fantastic, local ales at really decent prices.. You can take your own booze in (which is great) but the bars were so good you didnt need to.

They had a bit of a disaster getting people parked up on the thursday this year... but they have already published an apology and a solution for improvement next year.

Enjoy.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, dirtymookie said:

Booked up for the first time. One I've meant to go to for many years but never got round too. In my determination to go, I have booked not knowing if I'll be going solo so some hints and tips or even stories/reviews would be appreciated muchly!

I think Bearded is run by old punks and crusties ( that is not a criticism ) so the music looking at previous line ups can be geared to that and the dance side is more The Orb than Ibiza & EDM.   The acts they can attract seems to get bigger every year so I am really looking forward to finding out what they have for 2019 , but that aside one of the highlights for me this year were October Drift that played at 12.30 lunchtime or something.

Its not like a Leeds or V and attracts a much more mature crowd and the bars are really geared up to provide for the real ale brigade and the prices are pretty reasonable as well.

You can take your own beers into the arenas providing you can get em in your bag so to speak and don't roll up dragging 80 cans in a wheelbarrow. 

For me the best thing was getting the Spotify playlist that someone kindly put up and hammering that months before I went. The downside then being I had too many clashes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ivan said:

For me the best thing was getting the Spotify playlist that someone kindly put up and hammering that months before I went. The downside then being I had too many clashes.

I will be making a playlist as soon as the line up drops next month. I’ll share it here Ivan. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, ivan said:

Surely the bongos will just go elsewhere . as quite a few of the tea pot tent will have been on stimulants , they ain’t going to want to keep it down and just whisper till 8 am .  Just stick the tea tent away from camping .

The Bongo players we saw all had entertainer wristbands so BT would have more sway with them more than the paying punter i would think, if normal punters then they will struggle to stop it at 10pm .

28 minutes ago, jimbo68 said:

The Bongo players we saw all had entertainer wristbands so BT would have more sway with them more than the paying punter i would think, if normal punters then they will struggle to stop it at 10pm .

They are in strange situation .

Bongo entertainment when bands are on waters it down a bit , but if they start once the main stages are shut some punters complain they are playing too late at night .

2 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

I will be making a playlist as soon as the line up drops next month. I’ll share it here Ivan. 

Crikey I was expecting the line up next year , but come to think of it finding out Mr Plant was playing had me ending my dry January . Within a minute I was downing a beer blasting out Achilles Last Stand ! 

20 hours ago, ivan said:

Crikey I was expecting the line up next year , but come to think of it finding out Mr Plant was playing had me ending my dry January . Within a minute I was downing a beer blasting out Achilles Last Stand ! 

I’m sure I read they were releasing some of the line up next month. I have my Incider playlist to keep me going for now so it doesn’t really matter, but I do love to find new bands. I’ve just discovered Tankus the Henge, proper catchy tunes. 

1 hour ago, Curlygirl said:

I’m sure I read they were releasing some of the line up next month. I have my Incider playlist to keep me going for now so it doesn’t really matter, but I do love to find new bands. I’ve just discovered Tankus the Henge, proper catchy tunes. 

You did indeed read it. They said so on the FB post when they thanked us for buying tickets.

Super festival, enjoyed the last few years. Bit of a hiccup with See when buying the tickets (I ended up with too many due to confusing post purchase notification). To be fair See sorted it our pretty quickly and easily. 

I was unfortunate to get robbed last year by the thieving scum who invaded the site. Gail from the Something Else Tea Tent recently sent me some money by way of compensation that had been donated on site by punters. Big shout out for that, super nice of the punters donating and Gail for organising when she did not have to.

Already looking forward to this little gem again.

• Upvote 1

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 11:52 PM, Popsider75 said:

Traffic was a pain on the Thursday this year so hats off for making changes

Lets hope they take on board where they went wrong

• You can't spend 20 mins lining up a Camper Van or Caravan when its busy
  • You can't allow someone to say " We want to park next to our mates "  When they do not know where there mates are , try and contact them by phone and then have an impasse when its all blocking up behind until they find out where there mates are , then realise there mates are a few rows away and then try and accommodate them when the row is full up !

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 11:52 PM, Popsider75 said:

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Nope they said November, and no date given as yet.. be a few weeks yet I'd imagine. 

Oh Blast - don't know where I got that from. Dreamed it probably. 

Which has just reminded me - had my first Glastonbury dream last night. Was on my way, stopped off at a service station, and ended up having an argument with my mate over whether ME should cut that tree in the middle of the Pyramid field.

...sorry, went off topic there. Sign of my increasing age