Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I am not going but...

The National

Parcels

Polo & Pan

The Blaze

Franz Ferdinand

Chvrches

Khruangbin

David August

L'Or du Commun

Protoje & The Indiggnation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 ed sheeran

2 florence

3 post malone

4 foo fighters

5 lucile crew

6 james blake

7 michael kiwanuka

8 richard ashcroft

9 franz ferdinand

10 years and years

 

not in that order

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are foo fighters and idles clashing a bit? i was basically considering to go one day only for them and frank cartert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ale said:

Are foo fighters and idles clashing a bit? i was basically considering to go one day only for them and frank cartert

Idles will probably finish 5/10 minutes before foo fighters come on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, thetime said:

Idles will probably finish 5/10 minutes before foo fighters come on. 

i hope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's your top 3 most difficult clashes this year? I don't think I have any of them this year and it's very strange for me... Maybe only the Virtual Riot/David August but it will depend on my mood. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, glavakpeti said:

What's your top 3 most difficult clashes this year?

 

No majorly annoying clashes but Yungblud/Ashcroft, Catfish/Superorganism and maybe Twenty One Pilots/IDLES will cause me some problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Macklemore is replacing The Prodigy at Provinssi in Finland, makes me wonder if something similar happened here. Not necessarily the the Prodigy were booked, just that Macklemore is going round Europe plugging gaps for people 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, On The Blend said:

Looks like Macklemore is replacing The Prodigy at Provinssi in Finland, makes me wonder if something similar happened here. Not necessarily the the Prodigy were booked, just that Macklemore is going round Europe plugging gaps for people 

Poor Keith, it would be nice to see them again :(

But they were booked to an other festival in Hungary... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, On The Blend said:

Looks like Macklemore is replacing The Prodigy at Provinssi in Finland, makes me wonder if something similar happened here. Not necessarily the the Prodigy were booked, just that Macklemore is going round Europe plugging gaps for people 

I rather believe that they just had the possibility and given the history Macklemore and Sziget have and the decreasing fame of M.,  they just came out with a favourable agreement and easily filled a vacant spot with a public acclaimed name and a good deal.

Tove Lo, Years and Years and Jain in contrast with Macklemore and Twenty One Pilots are, however, proves that this year's budget has been spent in a highly unbalanced way - which is not a good thing for a 7 days festival, IMHO

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Tove Lo, Years and Years and Jain in contrast with Macklemore and Twenty One Pilots are, however, proves that this year's budget has been spent in a highly unbalanced way

Exactly...f..... exactly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are we expecting any more names or is this the final lineup - I thought there might be something after the final ticket price increase....unless I've missed it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, VixyBlue said:

Are we expecting any more names or is this the final lineup - I thought there might be something after the final ticket price increase....unless I've missed it?

there are still some slots open on smaller stages like volt or music box, jazz and opera stage still to be announced, also tribute stage, campfire, caravan (but there was something with caravan i can't remember right now), slager fm stage and the program for sziget beach.

but nothing big or any big announcements i would say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2019 at 5:49 PM, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

this year's budget has been spent in a highly unbalanced way

I think you've hit the nail on the head. We're going from Anna of the North headlining A38 and Tove Lo subbing main to having 21P subbing the Foos.

Some days are far stronger than others, it's feeling a liitle wonk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2019 at 12:56 AM, On The Blend said:

I think you've hit the nail on the head. We're going from Anna of the North headlining A38 and Tove Lo subbing main to having 21P subbing the Foos.

Some days are far stronger than others, it's feeling a liitle wonk. 

And that is holding me back from taking vacations for sziget this year. My time is starting to get too precious (and my back too sensitive lmao) to spend one day camping with the best ambition to go through Post Malone in order to get to see Jungle.

On the other side, this year was generally pretty weak and all in all sziget came out with some pretty aces up its sleeve, so I won't bitch around like I did on sziget news in 2017, but I'm just looking forward for 2020 and take a hiatus this year from the whole circuit (dude I really hope Tool won't disappear from Europe for like ever...)

Edited by Yelo, the Parmiggiana

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to go anymore and am looking to sell my two 7-day passes (below face value!). Does anyone know of a place I might have luck selling them besides ticketswap? I don't like that they hold your money until after the event. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ffmcgill said:

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to go anymore and am looking to sell my two 7-day passes (below face value!). Does anyone know of a place I might have luck selling them besides ticketswap? I don't like that they hold your money until after the event. 

What country are you in? In the UK there is: www.twickets.live

Out of interest, as a couple of friends have expressed interest in attending, what kind of price are you looking for? PM me if you'd rather.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

What country are you in? In the UK there is: www.twickets.live

Out of interest, as a couple of friends have expressed interest in attending, what kind of price are you looking for? PM me if you'd rather.

Unfortunately I'm in the US, but if you could pass it along to your friends that would be great! I was hoping to get around 310 Euros (~$348), but would be willing to negotiate a bit as I would rather sell them for a loss than have them go completely to waste. Let me know if they want any more info or if they would like to email me directly :) I'll send you a pm as well 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2019 at 5:44 PM, gfa said:

Any idea when we'll get the tribute bands? That's what i'm looking forward to now really. Hoping for a muse one, arctics, red hot chili peppers

Good news! 

Screenshot_20190525-083058.png

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2019 at 7:33 AM, glavakpeti said:

Good news! 

Screenshot_20190525-083058.png

no names yet, but should be the next announcement now i guess!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tribute acts have been announced on the schedule.

Wednesday: Room , Spencer Hill
Thursday: Abba , Linkin Park
Friday: Guns n Roses , Rammstein
Saturday: Mumford & Sons , AC/DC
Sunday: Doors
Monday: David Bowie , Queen
Tuesday: Nirvana , Rage Against The Machine

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Sziget the closest to Glasto in terms of vibe and atmosphere? Also you can take your own drink everywhere can’t you? As opposed to being checked at the arena entrance 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, adequate8 said:

Is Sziget the closest to Glasto in terms of vibe and atmosphere? Also you can take your own drink everywhere can’t you? As opposed to being checked at the arena entrance 

I've never been to glasto but I think it's really close because the atmosphere is just perfect for me. You can do what you want with your drink, there's no checking at the arenas. To be fair, there are no arena entrances, you can enter wherever you want. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, adequate8 said:

Is Sziget the closest to Glasto in terms of vibe and atmosphere? Also you can take your own drink everywhere can’t you? As opposed to being checked at the arena entrance 

It's better than Glastonbury. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...