this year i had several friends visiting only for one day, they all regretted it.

somehow garrix isn't mentioned on the ticket pages in all languages in the "buy this, see those" section. so maybe we are still missing 2 and a half heads

Loving the line-up so far for Sziget and giving serious consideration to flying over for it with the family.

Would be me, wife and two kids - 14-year-old girl and 8-year-old boy. Is it suitable for children this young? I've seen mention of a 500,000 capacity which is a bit bigger than our normal size festivals!!

Would probably get a flat in Budapest. Transport system appears decent.

Is there lots to see in the city during the day? Are there vantage points for the main stage without having to take an 8-year-old into the middle of hundreds of thousands of people?

Thanks in advance for any advice given.

S

Edited by swelsbyuk

4 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

Loving the line-up so far for Sziget and giving serious consideration to flying over for it with the family.

Would be me, wife and two kids - 14-year-old girl and 8-year-old boy. Is it suitable for children this young? I've seen mention of a 500,000 capacity which is a bit bigger than our normal size festivals!!

Is there lots to see in the city during the day? Are there vantage points for the main stage without having to take an 8-year-old into the middle of hundreds of thousands of people?

S

Totally suitable for kids of that age. There's even a Family Camping for families with even smaller kids.

I've never lived the festival without camping but it's pretty easy to go do to the city centre and come back.

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, Noeliam said:

Tesco Disco is great ;)

And go for the 7 days, especially if you're camping, you'll have a better spot. Even 10 days if you can handle it :)

Wheres 10 days come from? 7 days seems the most right? or can you camp before it starts or something?

7 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

S

500,000 capacity is over the 7 days.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, gfa said:

Wheres 10 days come from? 7 days seems the most right? or can you camp before it starts or something?

Yes the festival is open to campers 3 days before the official start. The vibe then is great, it's empty and you can do a lot of activities that would be impossible during the actual festival. Also, the parties at the camping are awesome, and you get to familiarize yourself with the location more.

• Like 1

Sorry, final question about kids. Do any of you know if everyone needs a full price ticket? As I say, I'm bringing my 14 and 8 years olds, and cannot find an option for kids tickets. If we have to pay 300 euros each for 4 of us it's going to prove to be too expensive unfortunately.

1 hour ago, swelsbyuk said:

Sorry, final question about kids. Do any of you know if everyone needs a full price ticket? As I say, I'm bringing my 14 and 8 years olds, and cannot find an option for kids tickets. If we have to pay 300 euros each for 4 of us it's going to prove to be too expensive unfortunately.

https://szigetfestival.com/en-int/festival-info#!/830/children-at-sziget

• Upvote 1

Do any of you have any idea when the 2019 festival may take place? Just been looking to book Airbnb's. In past four years it has started on 7 Aug, 8 Aug, 9 Aug and 10 Aug. Next year, if starting on a Wednesday again, it will be either 5 or 12 Aug I think.

21 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Do any of you have any idea when the 2019 festival may take place? Just been looking to book Airbnb's. In past four years it has started on 7 Aug, 8 Aug, 9 Aug and 10 Aug. Next year, if starting on a Wednesday again, it will be either 5 or 12 Aug I think.

ahm, days are out since the day after the 2018 edition closed... 7 afternoon to 14 daylight

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

ahm, days are out since the day after the 2018 edition closed... 7 afternoon to 14 daylight

Apologies, I meant 2020 not 2019

Edited by swelsbyuk

7 minutes ago, chunkychips127 said:

Leak incoming soon 👀

???? more??? :D 

• Upvote 1

I expect some between those, by my  analysis (I usually get a 30-40% of my assumptions straight):

Main Stage: James Bay, Franz Ferdinand, The Hives, The National, Rudimental, Django Django, Daughter, Tame Impala, Belle and Sebastian

A38: Sigrid, Modeselektor, Mac DeMarco, Robyn, Four Tet, AJ Tracey, Carpenter Brut, Dub FX, Boyz Noise, Richie Hawtin, Nina Kraviz, Jess Glynne, Father John Misty, Wilkinson, Sub Focus

Party Arena: Salvatore Ganacci, Hugel, W&W

Colosseum (soon to speak): Amelie Lens, Charlotte de Witte, Danis Sulta, Ben Klock, Chris Liebing, Joseph Capriati, Apollonia

• Upvote 1