8 minutes ago, SkaPanda said:

I totally think they could fill a serious spot for headliner (as Gorillaz did last year). They sure wouldnt sell out, but still it would be a present for a relevant part of the goers who aren't seeking for a Kygo-like experience

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

I totally think they could fill a serious spot for headliner (as Gorillaz did last year). They sure wouldnt sell out, but still it would be a present for a relevant part of the goers who aren't seeking for a Kygo-like experience

I'm not completely convinced that even the alternative crowd of Sziget would go crazy over The Cure. Will definitely draw a crowd, but they really feel like a niche thing like Manu Chao was a few years back. Kind of like PJ Harvey was a great quality booking, but eventually had non-existing crowd.

The Cure isn't niche at all. Manu Chao is different, he's headlining in the certain parts of Europe only where The Cure is the headliner literally everywhere

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, eyebrain said:

I'm not completely convinced that even the alternative crowd of Sziget would go crazy over The Cure. Will definitely draw a crowd, but they really feel like a niche thing like Manu Chao was a few years back. Kind of like PJ Harvey was a great quality booking, but eventually had non-existing crowd.

To be honest, niche for Manu Chao is everybody wanna party without having a big ass headliner (back in the day I found the pick pretty lazy, so I went for Editors - wish I could turn back time). PJ Harvey was set random in a totally different lineup it was so off from the rest of the names that I would be surprised if 10% actually knew her.

The Cure on a set up day with a senseful Main/A38 set could be ace. Think of WhoMadeWho-Bonobo-Gorillaz combo last year.

7 hours ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

As one of my all time faves, my all time favourite album being one of the cures it would be an amazing booking. :wub:

The Cure would be nice, but Foos would be even nicer if they'll be around as well... both would be amazing! :D

By the way, it looks like that from now on a guy from the Netherlands & Belgium Sziget staff will give official answers on reddit, regarding the organization. So, if you have questions or if you want to give him feedback about the festival, he'll make sure your voice will be heard.

Edited by #1SzigetFan

Looks like that we might have an almost full program on the first day of Sziget for the first time ever, according to the guy from the Sziget staff on Reddit. That means that depending on the acts they can get they might open A38 as well which would be awesome for us, who don't want to attend Ed Sheeran. He said that he'll come back with details soon.

30 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Looks like that we might have an almost full program on the first day of Sziget for the first time ever, according to the guy from the Sziget staff on Reddit. That means that depending on the acts they can get they might open A38 as well which would be awesome for us, who don't want to attend Ed Sheeran. He said that he'll come back with details soon.

Hopefully they will open the A38 up, could of done with that in 2017 during Pink.

• Upvote 1

So, it's official! Kylian, the guy from the Netherlands & Belgium staff confirmed on reddit that A38 will be also open on the very first day, for the first time ever!

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, #1SzigetFan said:

And more news are coming about next year's edition. We won't have a World Music Stage at Sziget 2019. What do you think that we'll get as replacement?

Nothing, they will just drop the new caravan and the World, without improving it in order to make more space for other stages imo.

Can see them giving a new map tho!

On 10/17/2018 at 10:30 AM, Nicklord said:

The Cure isn't niche at all. Manu Chao is different, he's headlining in the certain parts of Europe only where The Cure is the headliner literally everywhere

*Not literally

21 hours ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Nothing, they will just drop the new caravan and the World, without improving it in order to make more space for other stages imo.

Can see them giving a new map tho!

I think they could use that place for another mixed genre stage, mostly with bands with instruments. As I said in one of my previous posts, the sound quality of most acts (especially those with instruments) in A38 is very poor, so they might bring them to another stage to perform in open air. I think they would sound way better that way. The article said that at World Music Stage was about 10.000 people maximum capacity & I think it should be enough for some cool bands to play there.

The Cure getting announced pretty much everywhere, bet they won’t play Sziget. :mellow:

1 hour ago, thetime said:

The Cure getting announced pretty much everywhere, bet they won’t play Sziget. :mellow:

Can't be sure about that, they have a date at Rock En Seine that is pretty random right now. Can see them being announced somewhere in august, maybe at Sziget too

1 hour ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Can't be sure about that, they have a date at Rock En Seine that is pretty random right now. Can see them being announced somewhere in august, maybe at Sziget too

Also playing Glasgow mid August, so hopefully.