2 hours ago, gfa said:

Going to get no sleep at all though near some dance thing that is so loud till 4am ?

Made that mistake in 2017, went VIP which was next to bacardi arena...

Went for the safe option this time, in bridge camp.

My schedule today, really looking forward to blaze. 

20190806_202140.jpg

Edited by thetime

20 hours ago, lighthouse said:

That would be afwul. ?  I've heard their current live set/show is fantastic.

The more I read about this festival, the more I think it's not for me at all. The National and maybe Florence would be the only headliners I would care about.

It's not great imo, their 2018 shows i think were alot stronger and more fun. I just felt bored this year. 

1 hour ago, lighthouse said:

I heard that the guest singers bring a new dimention/vibe to their shows. More emotion.

I haven’t seen them on this tour myself though. 

I really really want to hear Rylan, Oblivions, You Have You Soul With You and Light Years to be set regulars. 

Ah I compute. That was where I was going wrong. I am robot. 

I am not programmed for emotion. Only fun! With the right upgrade I could adapt. 

14 hours ago, thetime said:

Made that mistake in 2017, went VIP which was next to bacardi arena...

Went for the safe option this time, in bridge camp.

My schedule today, really looking forward to blaze. 

20190806_202140.jpg

I’m near the beach but we are near that dance stage by Aldi ? got earphones now though so hopefully its alright. Jain was fantastic can’t lie

so a short sumup after the fist 2 days and my fifth sziget so far:

- food prices got pretty high, huh? i remember talking to locals like 3 years ago and they said sziget got almost unaffordable for hungarians. well, sad seeing them raising their prices higher and higher. the festial prices for a gyros pita are like 4 times higher than the regular standard in budapest. it's like paying 16 euro for gyros sandwich on a festival home in middle europe. 

- I dont know but coming back this year was pretty disappointing so far - the relaxed vibe is pretty much gone and it kinda reminds me of coachella. people more focusing on doing a great snapchat story during the shows instead of enjoying the concerts.

- mega-mainstream pop headliners like ed sheeran seem to attract a crowd that I'm incompatible with, I guess. my girlfriend and me descided to quit waiting in the crowd and skip the show cause of people beeing extremely pushy and trying hard to get closer to the stage. that said, I'm normally based in the punk-scene, I dont mind pogodancing and a good moshpit but I like to enjoy shows and dont want to fight for every inch of space.

- all in all the organisation of the festival is really excellent - we had no waiting issues to get the wristband, to load the festipay thingy, etc.

I hope that the upcoming days will be more like the "old sziget" I love. Looking forward to the national, catfish and the bottlemen and IDLES, but I already descided that this will be my last sziget festival. Enjoy your stay guys!

1 hour ago, lighthouse said:

Was Richard Ashcroft any good? He was excellent at Rock Werchter (big audience singalongs, perfect vibe).

Yeah, 1975, franz and him all had the same size crowd and he was good. Went back to the sound tower roughly and he was much better than when I saw him at isle of wight

23 hours ago, lighthouse said:

Was Richard Ashcroft any good? He was excellent at Rock Werchter (big audience singalongs, perfect vibe).

Fantastic.

Special mention for Xavier Rudd who was amazing, best set of the week so far.

Tamino, The National, James Blake and Richie Hawtin today. More if a chilled out day musically and cant see it being busy around main after macklemore.

11 hours ago, activean said:

Did they, how was the atmosphere ? :) saw some videos from Macklemore, looks like he had big crowd..

the crowd at macklemore was bigger than for the national, anyways the field was pretty full.

best show at the festival so far.

btw: LOL @ post malone for his playback show. weakest headliner ever :D

11 hours ago, Nicklord said:

I'm watching Post Malone now and it doesn't look the crowd is into it and there's nothing really going on on stage 

Post malone sounded awful. Went to parcels instead, they had a huge crowd and put on an insane show. Absolutely incredible atmosphere in that tent. Jungle were also incredible last night too

Edited by FestivalJamie
  • Upvote 1

On 8/12/2019 at 11:02 AM, FestivalJamie said:

Post malone sounded awful. Went to parcels instead, they had a huge crowd and put on an insane show. Absolutely incredible atmosphere in that tent. Jungle were also incredible last night too

anyone go to the RATM tribute? Some absolute scum in the pit whose only intent was to hurt people. Especially a fellah from Oz who was built like a fridge who just sprinted at people like he was in a rugby game. Pathetic. 

Vietnow was decent though.

btw: kinda 'funny' that the island of love and freedom uses fascist scum as securities.

one of the guys during the national had a black sun tattoo

another guy (sec. #310) had a good time treatening crowdsurfers like dangerous criminals while idles ... twisting their arms, etc.