Anybody got any recommendations of acts playing the smaller stages? Realised that everyone we are seeing are on the two main stages and it would be a shame to not take in any of the other stages.

Naaz on the Europe Stage sounds pretty good. Poppy, but my kids will like that. Sadly, she clashes with Gang of Youths who I really want to see. 

57 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Anybody got any recommendations of acts playing the smaller stages? Realised that everyone we are seeing are on the two main stages and it would be a shame to not take in any of the other stages.

Naaz on the Europe Stage sounds pretty good. Poppy, but my kids will like that. Sadly, she clashes with Gang of Youths who I really want to see. 

If it avoids clashes and it might because it’s late - 23.15 on Monday - Bohemian Betyars in Global Village. They are very popular locally and tremendous drunken Gypsy punk. Outrageous fun with all the locals singing along with their crazy tales is a way you get even though you can’t understand a word. They call themselves the ‘streetbastards’. 

I think they are a classic Sziget act that sort of sum up the festivals true vibe.

Also - the reggae/ African stage has a fantastic vibe to just hang out between other things you want to do - it’s must a wonderfully laid back and friendly little glade. It has the the added advantage of having a ‘secret’ path from it that brings you in at the front left of the main stage. This is quite a find, because nearly everyone approaches the main stage from the right and you can get nowhere near the most popular acts, but that little trip through the woodland from the reggae stage is a revelation!

Like Glastonbury, make time just to wander rather than have a list of acts - it’s something hardly anywhere can touch Glastonbury for but Sziget does very well.

Edited by amfy
  • Upvote 3

what do you guys think can we expect from post malone?

will he have a band on tour or is it just his autotune singing and some playback on a pretty empty stage like in recent yt videos.

that would be weak for a headliner ... thinking about skipping sunday completely and party in budapest instead :D

Edited by Baxxx

53 minutes ago, Knalbal24 said:

Hey everyone, just one last-minute question. We are a group of 4, arriving on tuesday, so we're moving in one day earlier. Is it still relatively easy to find a good spot in the shade then?

If you're arriving on the morning, it will take some time for you to find some, but you'll be fine eventually. I have always arrived a day before and got a spot under a shade, just takes a bit of time. The prime spots are taken of course. 

1 hour ago, lighthouse said:

Very curious about how the National performance will go down. Would be my number one act to see if I was going.

Although I love the national, I'm thinking they will bomb with the average sziget crowd. Think the the bacardi arena/Coliseum will be rammed that night.

7 hours ago, lighthouse said:

That would be afwul. ?  I've heard their current live set/show is fantastic.

The more I read about this festival, the more I think it's not for me at all. The National and maybe Florence would be the only headliners I would care about.

To be fair mate it's not about the headliners like a werchter, so many stages and different styles. I would highly recommend the festival, it's my go to festival now. 

Incredible festival. Not even had music yet but the atmosphere is so good here not sure how the crowd will be vs british, but at least theres not twats everywhere. Going to get no sleep at all though near some dance thing that is so loud till 4am ?