5 hours ago, OllieR said:

Hey guys, just wondering about the city pass can you get it once you arrive or is it cheaper to buy through the festival before you arrive? 

i think its the same price

1 hour ago, OllieR said:

Also guys how do you top up the wristband? 

there are top up points all over the island

hey guys, I'm wondering what the "online check in" is?

my ticket says: "if you have bought your ticket online, you have to complete the checkin process online. on site we will be checking your ID or passport to verify the checked in date".

I searched but can't find that online check in thing.

Anyone can help me? Thank you.

Edited by Baxxx

9 minutes ago, Baxxx said:

hey guys, I'm wondering what the "online check in" is?

my ticket says: "if you have bought your ticket online, you have to complete the checkin process online. on site we will be checking your ID or passport to verify the checked in date".

I searched but can't find that online check in thing.

Anyone can help me? Thank you.

I'm guessing they ditched that setup and just doing the usual check in at site. I can not see them sending out emails now, especially with opening just 7 days away.

2 hours ago, thetime said:

You are very negative about the festival, every post you make is negative. You come across such a right misery guts. 

This is actually not true, I am a fan of Sziget, I just dislike how they carried the festival out this edition, because this is a cheesy management for a festival like Sziget: Broken Social Scene is not a super-cheap act usually, and this year they don't have many shows booked in the festival circuit, so there are reasons to believe that Sziget had the funding to find another band; moreover, in the past years they made last-minute replacements that were more relevant than this one (Clean Bandit - Rita Ora in '17's edition, i.e.): if they wanted they could have make a last-min replacement, because they proved they can. 

So yeah, I am not happy about this choice; does paying 160 € for two days and having one band I had in the list cut right off with no replacement makes me a misery guts? I don't know, mate, I'm sorry to kill the vibe, but I'm just pointing out a fact (which of course you could not care about), that tags along with the removal of the parties (which was free merchandising and good time), the cut off in the timeslots of some performances, et cetera.

I also listed the reasons why I have this consideration, it's not like I'm coming throwing poo on the forum like people used to do to the now-almost-gone SzigetNews: last year I was quite amazed by how they got back from the mess they made in '17 and I found the management in 14-16 years pretty good (few flaws, but who has not).

Hope this makes a point in my perspective: I don't like to be the party buster of the forum, but if we are here only to try re-selling tickets or rejoice randomly with no attempt to create a discussion whatsoever, what is the point of the community itself?

Edited by Yelo, the Parmiggiana
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

This is actually not true, I am a fan of Sziget, I just dislike how they carried the festival out this edition, because this is a cheesy management for a festival like Sziget: Broken Social Scene is not a super-cheap act usually, and this year they don't have many shows booked in the festival circuit, so there are reasons to believe that Sziget had the funding to find another band; moreover, in the past years they made last-minute replacements that were more relevant than this one (Clean Bandit - Rita Ora in '17's edition, i.e.): if they wanted they could have make a last-min replacement, because they proved they can. 

this exactly, small festivals like Truck in the UK this weekend literally replaced a second stage headliner the same day as the festival (20k festival) so Sziget which is giant in comparison should definitely have acts lined up, just a bit disappointing really for a major festival.

1 hour ago, uncertain said:

I am disappointed Broken Social Scene are not getting a replacement act. It was one of the bands I was excited for. Still looking forward to see Big Thief (despite their 16:00 slot), Khruangbin and Polo & Pan. 

Big Thief are going to be amazing, that voice.

9 hours ago, uncertain said:

The latest album is so good! Hope they'll play Paul this time :))

Would of been so much better in the A38 though, would of been lovely in there. Although have to say with a bit more research the a38 is stacked this year, I have 29 artists just in the a38 I want to check out. Which is a big difference to the main stage where its around half that mark. 

Really strong year if you really do your research, for me that is. ?