1 hour ago, swelsbyuk said:

How many times have you been to each? (that's an enquiry btw, not a challenge - I've never been to either. But Sziget 2019 here we come!)

Been to about 10 Glastonbury's and this will be the 4th Sziget. 

Edited by thetime
  • Upvote 2

On 6/12/2019 at 9:47 AM, glavakpeti said:

I've never been to glasto but I think it's really close because the atmosphere is just perfect for me. You can do what you want with your drink, there's no checking at the arenas. To be fair, there are no arena entrances, you can enter wherever you want. 

The difference is that you can bring your own alcohol in to the festival site at Glastonbury, but you can't at Sziget. 

19 hours ago, eyebrain said:

The difference is that you can bring your own alcohol in to the festival site at Glastonbury, but you can't at Sziget. 

It sounds good at first but its actually worse than any other festival - at least you can drink in the campsites for most. If you get spirits in they won't take them off them though will they i'm presuming.

34 minutes ago, gfa said:

It sounds good at first but its actually worse than any other festival - at least you can drink in the campsites for most. If you get spirits in they won't take them off them though will they i'm presuming.

Alcohol is so cheap at sziget,  you dont need to take any in with you. 

On 6/17/2019 at 7:18 PM, thetime said:

Alcohol is so cheap at sziget,  you dont need to take any in with you. 

Cheap and auchan cheap are different things. Over ten days the difference adds up ;) 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, everest said:

Thanks.

I will probably go only to see Foo Fighters, even I saw them twice in Pula.

Is there a fan pit? Is it a big problem to catch a place in first rows? Okay not first rows, but some 50m from stage will be cool.

No fan pit or prime pit or whatever, but for Foo Fighters you probably will have to queue the whole day (which is quality anyway) on the main stage

18 hours ago, elrogerman said:

hi first timer here  im staying outside so I wonder if the city pass is worth it ? also at what time the metro closes ? thanks 

hey!

i think the city pass is well worth if youre planing on some city trips. its my 3rd time and i always had it and used it a lot.

on the side of the festival the train runs all night. u dont know about the other side of the river.

Hi all! Got some questions as a first time goer. 

How do you keep your stuff safe? I'm not camping so I mean like phone, passport, money etc. Thinking I could get a locker, don't feel like carrying a handbag around much. 

Also, how early should I be if I wanna get to the front row? Gonna see Years and Years, The National and Florence. 

Thanks! 

5 hours ago, Atlas said:

How do you keep your stuff safe? I'm not camping so I mean like phone, passport, money etc. Thinking I could get a locker, don't feel like carrying a handbag around much. 

Also, how early should I be if I wanna get to the front row? Gonna see Years and Years, The National and Florence. 

Thanks! 

If you’re not camping there shouldn’t be much to worry about? Don’t take things you are afraid to lose. Lockers are helpful, but bellybags are a great option - comfortable and easy to carry + you’ll always have your eyes on it. 

If you want to get front row, it is safe to say you should be there before the first act on that day. If you just want to get really close, then you’ll be fine if you enter at the end of previous performer. 

6 hours ago, Atlas said:

Thanks! 

I actually dont believe you gonna have troubles to be in front row for Years and Years, The National as well should be the least favoured artist by the crowd (funnily enough). For Florence you may wanna be there from at least the second show of the day: in 2015 I had no problem to get to front row 15 mins before the start of the show, but these were different times, I suppose

55 minutes ago, thetime said:

:( I’m on 6th - hopefully gets sorted out in time. I guess we’ll see what impact it has on the end of July strikes before we go

55 minutes ago, thetime said:

:( I’m on 6th - hopefully gets sorted out in time. I guess we’ll see what impact it has on the end of July strikes before we go