2 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

I am actually updating the clashfinder asking myself what the fuck they drunk to come up with that budget with this lineup. It's basically 50% of money on litterally 10 names and the rest is just the best they could find at a thriftshop of festival shows.

The found Macklemore at the Thriftshop... couldn't help it, sorry...

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, SpongeNob said:

Am I right in thinking that usually there are 5 acts per day on the main stage? So seems a massive kick in the balls to increase the ticket prices and promise an incredible line up, when actually we only get 4 acts...

No, there were always 4 acts / day on the Main Stage in the last years...

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, SpongeNob said:

Am I right in thinking that usually there are 5 acts per day on the main stage? So seems a massive kick in the balls to increase the ticket prices and promise an incredible line up, when actually we only get 4 acts...

Nope, there's been 4 acts per day since 2013 I think... 

It’s not an awesome line up, saying that sziget isn’t the rest of you want a awesome lineup. Very top heavy and A38 is rather weak this year, but that’s probably me being out of touch. 

Thursday looks a great day though with Franz Ferdinand, Ashcroft, 1975 and chvrches. 

It's going to be my 6th Sziget and during this period it's going to be 3rd Macklemore gig at the festival. Not amused at all, but not sure if the issue is me attending the festival for too long or the festival itself is just doing a boring job with the booking.

One thing is for sure, Macklemore has not released anything significant for a while now, I'd imagine it was a last minute booking to replace someone else.. No way Macklemore was someone they were really chasing. He had to be a back-up option.

On 4/24/2019 at 4:44 PM, gfa said:

Any idea when we'll get the tribute bands? That's what i'm looking forward to now really. Hoping for a muse one, arctics, red hot chili peppers

Tribute Stage is my go to once the acts finish on Main Stage. Also hoping for your predictions.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, OllieR said:

Hey guys, going to sziget for the first time just looking for some generally dos and donts and what not to miss etc? 

Have fun. 

Which info do you need. Go back in the thread and you'll find everything about transports campsite music drink food. 

Personally I recommend you the typical Hungarian spirit palinka. That's all :D

Feel free to ask whatever you want ;)

2 hours ago, alan_ts said:

Have fun. 

Which info do you need. Go back in the thread and you'll find everything about transports campsite music drink food. 

Personally I recommend you the typical Hungarian spirit palinka. That's all :D

Feel free to ask whatever you want ;)

Just looking at things outside of the mainstream and music things to do at the festival, what not to miss.

3 hours ago, OllieR said:

Just looking at things outside of the mainstream and music things to do at the festival, what not to miss.

The beauty of Sziget is that there's so much going on even if no-one you know is playing. Go to the circus, watch a movie in magic mirror, go to the beach, find new friends at the campsite and make bad decisions together. 

The one thing I'll say is there are reports of drinks being watered down but that doesn't happen with pailnka. That shit will hit you like a train. 

Long story short, it's a party that everybody wants to be part of and once you're there you'll know it. I've never been anywhere like it. Dive in, embrace it, and you'll love every second. 

• Upvote 7